Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 85483 times)

eris

Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #3105 on: November 02, 2011, 05:00:30 PM »
Looks like quotes are treated differently depending on search method. The 51-page result also included "eris" as part of other words.

it has always been that way. Ive been googling myself a long time :P And "cherish" and "perishable" etc always also show up.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3106 on: November 02, 2011, 05:04:36 PM »
Looks like quotes are treated differently depending on search method. The 51-page result also included "eris" as part of other words.

it has always been that way. Ive been googling myself a long time :P And "cherish" and "perishable" etc always also show up.

Yes, but do both methods treat words like that?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

eris

« Reply #3107 on: November 02, 2011, 05:05:30 PM »
yes, always did before

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3108 on: November 02, 2011, 05:07:27 PM »
OK, I haven't used the search a lot lately.

It's the logical way to do it, if it allows for trailing spaces and that sort of thing.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #3109 on: November 02, 2011, 05:14:40 PM »
Without the checkbox, it only shows sentence snipits of the post which contain the search word, so when searching by username, it's hard to tell which results are actually the poster's words, or which ones are results from other people quoted in the post. Clicking the message box shows the entire post, so results within quotes are easy to spot.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3110 on: November 02, 2011, 05:16:25 PM »
Have to find the time to study this thing properly.

- Albert Einstein

Osensitive1

« Reply #3111 on: November 02, 2011, 05:36:27 PM »
No worries.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3112 on: November 02, 2011, 07:47:57 PM »
Different topic- Callaway, are there any long-trm adverse effects of feeding an indoor cat exclusively indoor cat food?

Cat food is supposed to have all the nutrients that a cat needs to be healthy, so I would think that if the cat food is a good brand, there wouldn't be a problem.  Maybe if you just fed an indoor cat canned cat food and it isn't very active, it might become overweight, which might cause some problems.

You shouldn't feed a cat exclusively on dog food because dogs can synthesize the amino acid taurine and cats cannot, but you probably already knew that.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3113 on: November 02, 2011, 08:41:13 PM »

Well, that's a first for Intensity.  Someone wants to do something properly.  Will wonders never cease?
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3114 on: November 03, 2011, 05:47:17 AM »
Different topic- Callaway, are there any long-trm adverse effects of feeding an indoor cat exclusively indoor cat food?

Cat food is supposed to have all the nutrients that a cat needs to be healthy, so I would think that if the cat food is a good brand, there wouldn't be a problem.  Maybe if you just fed an indoor cat canned cat food and it isn't very active, it might become overweight, which might cause some problems.

You shouldn't feed a cat exclusively on dog food because dogs can synthesize the amino acid taurine and cats cannot, but you probably already knew that.
My cat's kinda fat, but, well, he doesn't have a whole lot of room to run around in.  I'm wondering if the indoor cat food is slowing his metabolism down or messing with him in some way, the way living on "diet" food hypoethtically can for humans.  He's less active than he used to be, but he's also nine years old, so that's not especially alarming (younger cats are generally more hyper).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3115 on: November 03, 2011, 12:34:11 PM »

Well, that's a first for Intensity.  Someone wants to do something properly.  Will wonders never cease?

Shocking, I know. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3116 on: November 27, 2011, 10:49:58 PM »

What is the elevation where you live? Do you need to use the high altitude directions when you cook?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3117 on: November 27, 2011, 11:02:53 PM »

What is the elevation where you live? Do you need to use the high altitude directions when you cook?

I live approximately a mile above sea level and yes, I should follow the high altitude baking instructions although I don't always do it with prepackaged mixes.  It makes more difference when baking from scratch, I think.  Things rise too quickly in some cases and then they might fall. 

eris

« Reply #3118 on: January 04, 2012, 07:41:06 PM »
hi callaway :)

I was wondering if you could do me a favor and look up my ip adress and say where it says i live. i looked it up myself and it says chicago ! I am no where near that. I live in the city of washington, pennsylvania near pittsburgh. Do you know what it would say that ?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3119 on: January 04, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »
hi callaway :)

I was wondering if you could do me a favor and look up my ip adress and say where it says i live. i looked it up myself and it says chicago ! I am no where near that. I live in the city of washington, pennsylvania near pittsburgh. Do you know what it would say that ?

I got Chicago as well. 

I wonder if this is some sort of central office of your wireless internet through Cricket?  I know that Cricket's corporate headquarters are in San Diego, CA.

I remember once I stayed in a hotel and used their wireless internet and was surprised to see that the IP checker said I was in Washington DC, when I was nowhere near there.