Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84797 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #3030 on: August 16, 2011, 06:40:23 PM »
Additional question- any tips on where to get a fully labeled diagram of a '99 toyota corolla engine?  I'm not trying to repair it; I just want to be able to research and/or tell my mechanic what part is being noisy, and I can tell the general area in the engine that it's coming from based on how it sounded when it happened.  My stupid owner's manual only labels about half the shit in there and does not label one of the parts I think might be making noise.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3031 on: August 16, 2011, 06:41:57 PM »
I had the same problem with the whatchamacallit, next to the doo hinky.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3032 on: August 16, 2011, 09:23:29 PM »
Additional question- any tips on where to get a fully labeled diagram of a '99 toyota corolla engine?  I'm not trying to repair it; I just want to be able to research and/or tell my mechanic what part is being noisy, and I can tell the general area in the engine that it's coming from based on how it sounded when it happened.  My stupid owner's manual only labels about half the shit in there and does not label one of the parts I think might be making noise.

What size is the engine?

P7PSP

« Reply #3033 on: August 16, 2011, 10:34:36 PM »
Buy the appropriate Chiltons manual at Pep Bys, Autozone etc.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3034 on: August 16, 2011, 10:55:54 PM »
Buy the appropriate Chiltons manual at Pep Bys, Autozone etc.

I think that the Haynes manuals have more details than Chilton's, at least the ones I have used.  I remember that I needed a diagram for the vacuum hoses after I had the engine rebuilt and my Chilton's didn't have it.

I asked for the engine size because I was trying to see if I could find the information online.

I did find a shop manual that would undoubtedly have the diagram, but it was over $100.

http://www.diyrepairmanuals.com/products.asp?cat=9695

PMS Elle, you could point to the part you suspect of making noise with a long screwdriver or a yardstick, thereby showing it to the mechanic without knowing the name of it, couldn't you?

I take it that it only makes the noise under certain conditions and idling with the gear shift in Park or Neutral is not one of the conditions, am I correct?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3035 on: August 17, 2011, 03:57:22 AM »
I think that the Haynes manuals have more details than Chilton's, at least the ones I have used.  I remember that I needed a diagram for the vacuum hoses after I had the engine rebuilt and my Chilton's didn't have it.

I asked for the engine size because I was trying to see if I could find the information online.

I did find a shop manual that would undoubtedly have the diagram, but it was over $100.

PMS Elle, you could point to the part you suspect of making noise with a long screwdriver or a yardstick, thereby showing it to the mechanic without knowing the name of it, couldn't you?

I take it that it only makes the noise under certain conditions and idling with the gear shift in Park or Neutral is not one of the conditions, am I correct?
Depends which noise, when it happens.

I'm trying to avoid having to deal with taxis and begging for rides in order to get my car to the mechanic who had it under warrantee, so I want to be able to describe it over the phone (their hours of operation are the same as my work hours, which SUUUUUUUCKS).
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Osensitive1

« Reply #3036 on: September 10, 2011, 11:10:00 PM »
Guest  11:28:42 PM Viewing credits page.

What's the credit's page? There's no link.

Just remembered this, and forgot to ask before. What's the credits page?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3037 on: September 10, 2011, 11:14:31 PM »
Guest  11:28:42 PM Viewing credits page.

What's the credit's page? There's no link.

Just remembered this, and forgot to ask before. What's the credits page?

You will see the credits page if you click on the SMF 2.0 which is at the bottom of every page.

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php?action=credits

Osensitive1

« Reply #3038 on: September 10, 2011, 11:16:26 PM »
Thanks.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #3039 on: September 11, 2011, 07:41:14 PM »

I'm trying to avoid having to deal with taxis and begging for rides in order to get my car to the mechanic who had it under warrantee, so I want to be able to describe it over the phone (their hours of operation are the same as my work hours, which SUUUUUUUCKS).
Go to your local library.  They typically have a large selection of Haynes and Chilton manuals.  Just photo-copy the bitch.  :)  Cost all of 15 cents.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #3040 on: September 11, 2011, 08:37:52 PM »
Since it's been over 3 weeks since the original post I think she solved the problem.
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3041 on: September 12, 2011, 12:54:36 PM »

Go to your local library.  They typically have a large selection of Haynes and Chilton manuals.  Just photo-copy the bitch.  :)  Cost all of 15 cents.

Hi Tesla, welcome back! How have you been?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #3042 on: September 16, 2011, 04:25:51 AM »

Hi Tesla, welcome back! How have you been?
I've been doing alright.  Very busy.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3043 on: September 16, 2011, 02:17:34 PM »
It's good to see you posting again. :)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Squidusa

• Cephalopod Succubus of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I can haz Perseus?
« Reply #3044 on: October 16, 2011, 07:20:07 AM »
Callaway could you confirm / deny these questions please?

Is TCO banned?

Is TCO I.P banned therefore by proxy Pandora is also I.P banned?

Would you mind if posted these ansers on the WP facebook group?

Thank you.  :)
I'll just diagnose myself as Goddess of the Universe and have done with it. Hell with autism!  :green: :zoinks:

nice is just something written on biscuits.