Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84824 times)

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2805 on: November 19, 2010, 01:24:48 AM »
What do all the colors mean?

For the colors in the online list, red means admin, one shade of blue means webmaster, another shade of blue means Newsbox Slave, aqua means SUPPORTAR!!!1, purple means Modulator, purpllish mauve means Elder, back when we had Karma-Free, the color was green, and black means no special usergroup assigned.  What colors have I missed?

Orange means newsbox feature!  :2thumbsup:

How does one end up being a newsbox feature?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2806 on: November 19, 2010, 02:26:10 AM »
By doing something newsworthy. N00ds are a good start. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2807 on: December 16, 2010, 11:39:28 PM »
To Callaway (or anyone who knows the answer):

Who is the current modulator of the "My Way or the Highway" forum? What are the rules that that modulator has set?
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2808 on: December 17, 2010, 01:40:14 AM »
To Callaway (or anyone who knows the answer):

Who is the current modulator of the "My Way or the Highway" forum? What are the rules that that modulator has set?

It's currently Steve-O, but Steve-O's not been active here lately because his internet access is not very good right now.

As for the rules, I guess it's just that anyone who posts there can have their posts messed with at the modulator's whim, whatever that may be.

Why?  Are you volunteering to actually make up some rules for the My Way or the Highway forum?

That could be fun.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2809 on: December 17, 2010, 01:42:37 AM »
We definitely need a new modulator. :orly:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Semicolon

• The Punctuated Equilibrium Of The Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • I am an echolalic mastodon.
« Reply #2810 on: December 17, 2010, 09:24:49 AM »
TO ALL WHO RESIDE IN THE REALM OF INTENSITY SQUARED: Let it be resolved that on this, the seventeenth day of December in the year of the Lord two thousand and ten, that the following suggestions have been submitted by the Right Honorable Semicolon for consideration as the new rules of the forum hereafter referred to as "My Way or the Highway".

Rule #1 (The Prime Directive): There shall be no rational argument whatsoever allowed on this forum. A few rational points or assumptions may be allowed, but it is expected that the bulk of the argument of any post shall consist of ad hominem attacks, logical fallacies and/or patent untruths. Any other method of argument that is not rational persuasion may be allowed at the modulator's discretion.

Corollary #1: Godwin's Law does not apply to the "My Way or the Highway" forum.

Rule #2:The modulator is free to implement a system of points to score posts, in the style of "Who's Line is it Anyway?" All point values shall be determined solely at the modulator's discretion, and there shall be no appeal. Disagreeing with the modulator is automatically worth negative one million points. At any time, the modulator can lock a thread and declare a winner of an argument based on accumulated point values. The modulator does not have to score any posts if he/she does not want to or is simply lazy.

Rule #3: There shall be no pictures of airplanes posted on any thread that is not specifically about airplanes. This rule also applies to videos of metal songs (if the word "song" can actually be applied to metal).

Rule #4: The modulator has the right to edit any post because it does not comply with the rules. The modulator can also edit any post for clarity. The definition of "clarity" is left to the discretion of the modulator, to be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Corollary #2: If the modulator edits a post for clarity, the modulator should note that that post was edited for clarity.

Rule #5: Every post shall contain effusive praise of the member known as Semicolon. The phrase "Semicolon is awesome" is sufficient to satisfy this requirement. This requirement may be relaxed if the thread being posted on is specifically about how awesome Semicolon is.

The Right Honorable Semicolon humbly asks the body of the esteemed membership of Intensity Squared to enter these rules into consideration.

These rules have been duly recorded and set down by my hand on this, the seventeenth day of December in the year of the Lord two thousand and ten.
Semicolon
I2 has a smiley for everything. Even a hamster wheel. :hamsterwheel:

Quote from: iamnotaparakeet
Jesus died on the cross to show us that BDSM is a legitimate form of love.
There is only one truth and it is that people do have penises of different sizes and one of them is the longest.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2811 on: December 17, 2010, 11:23:49 AM »
TO ALL WHO RESIDE IN THE REALM OF INTENSITY SQUARED: Let it be resolved that on this, the seventeenth day of December in the year of the Lord two thousand and ten, that the following suggestions have been submitted by the Right Honorable Semicolon for consideration as the new rules of the forum hereafter referred to as "My Way or the Highway".

Rule #1 (The Prime Directive): There shall be no rational argument whatsoever allowed on this forum. A few rational points or assumptions may be allowed, but it is expected that the bulk of the argument of any post shall consist of ad hominem attacks, logical fallacies and/or patent untruths. Any other method of argument that is not rational persuasion may be allowed at the modulator's discretion.

Corollary #1: Godwin's Law does not apply to the "My Way or the Highway" forum.

Rule #2:The modulator is free to implement a system of points to score posts, in the style of "Who's Line is it Anyway?" All point values shall be determined solely at the modulator's discretion, and there shall be no appeal. Disagreeing with the modulator is automatically worth negative one million points. At any time, the modulator can lock a thread and declare a winner of an argument based on accumulated point values. The modulator does not have to score any posts if he/she does not want to or is simply lazy.

Rule #3: There shall be no pictures of airplanes posted on any thread that is not specifically about airplanes. This rule also applies to videos of metal songs (if the word "song" can actually be applied to metal).

Rule #4: The modulator has the right to edit any post because it does not comply with the rules. The modulator can also edit any post for clarity. The definition of "clarity" is left to the discretion of the modulator, to be decided on a case-by-case basis.

Corollary #2: If the modulator edits a post for clarity, the modulator should note that that post was edited for clarity.

Rule #5: Every post shall contain effusive praise of the member known as Semicolon. The phrase "Semicolon is awesome" is sufficient to satisfy this requirement. This requirement may be relaxed if the thread being posted on is specifically about how awesome Semicolon is.

The Right Honorable Semicolon humbly asks the body of the esteemed membership of Intensity Squared to enter these rules into consideration.

These rules have been duly recorded and set down by my hand on this, the seventeenth day of December in the year of the Lord two thousand and ten.
Semicolon

These sound great.

richard

« Reply #2812 on: December 17, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »
i dont think i'll ever post in that forum

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2813 on: December 18, 2010, 08:28:47 AM »
Why not?

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #2814 on: December 18, 2010, 11:48:57 AM »
The idea of someone else being able to contol my posts there doesnt rub me right.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2815 on: December 18, 2010, 01:27:00 PM »
The idea of someone else being able to contol my posts there doesnt rub me right.

But on a moderated forum like WP, any of the moderators can control your posts anywhere, anytime.

Here, it is restricted to just the one forum and it's just for laughs.

richard

« Reply #2816 on: December 20, 2010, 11:55:25 AM »
I understand. but when i go to a forum like Wp i know what to expect there.
 i thought this place was supose to be different. In any case maybe i'm just to serious

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2817 on: December 20, 2010, 12:06:24 PM »
I understand. but when i go to a forum like Wp i know what to expect there.
 i thought this place was supose to be different. In any case maybe i'm just to serious

I think you are taking the My Way or the Highway forum more seriously than some other people are taking it.

I think one of the ideas in making the one forum was to have something that maybe parodied WP just for laughs.

So far as I remember, we haven't had a Sinsboldly, a Mr Mark, or a Qatermass parody in there yet, though.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2818 on: December 20, 2010, 04:13:14 PM »
Even though all of those were suggested. :zoinks:

- Albert Einstein

richard

« Reply #2819 on: December 20, 2010, 08:25:34 PM »
I think you are taking the My Way or the Highway forum more seriously than some other people are taking it.
Is that Okay?