Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84812 times)

Osensitive1

Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2655 on: March 30, 2010, 07:49:21 PM »
Look into home made cleansers from common stuff, lemons, salt, vinegar, things like that. There's lots of them out there.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2656 on: March 30, 2010, 08:00:11 PM »
D'you know of any multipurpose cleaners that tend to minimally aggravate allergies and asthma, but that still get things clean?

Check out www.seventhgeneration.com/products. I've seen these products advertised on TV as being safer for people, pets and the environment.
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2657 on: March 30, 2010, 08:28:11 PM »
D'you know of any multipurpose cleaners that tend to minimally aggravate allergies and asthma, but that still get things clean?

Sorry, I don't.  I would think it would depend on what would aggravate your specific asthma or allergies.

I have some spray that kills dust mites that I bought at Target, but I can't remember the brand name.

You can use rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle to clean the chrome and glass in your bathroom instead of commercial spray cleaners.

I had another thought.  There are these microfiber cleaning cloths that clean lots of things with just plain water.  You wet the cloth and wring it out as much as possible and you can wash them in the washing machine when they get dirty.

Osensitive1

« Reply #2658 on: March 30, 2010, 08:41:57 PM »
Just noticed you double space too.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2659 on: March 30, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »

I do sometimes, but not always.

:P

Osensitive1

« Reply #2660 on: March 30, 2010, 08:47:54 PM »
Yes, not always. Most times it is double enter.  :laugh:

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #2661 on: March 30, 2010, 08:49:58 PM »

I used to do that too; I don't anymore. It just looks cozier to simgle-space.  :laugh:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2662 on: March 31, 2010, 03:24:39 AM »

Sorry, I don't.  I would think it would depend on what would aggravate your specific asthma or allergies.

I have some spray that kills dust mites that I bought at Target, but I can't remember the brand name.

You can use rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle to clean the chrome and glass in your bathroom instead of commercial spray cleaners.

I had another thought.  There are these microfiber cleaning cloths that clean lots of things with just plain water.  You wet the cloth and wring it out as much as possible and you can wash them in the washing machine when they get dirty.

I hate to work with the ones I tried. Didn't do what they promised, and the microfibre feels weird on my hands.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2663 on: March 31, 2010, 03:26:16 AM »

I hate to work with the ones I tried. Didn't do what they promised, and the microfibre feels weird on my hands.

Maybe you can find non-allergenic multi-purpose cleaning stuff in an organic shop.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2664 on: March 31, 2010, 10:31:09 AM »

I love mine and I especially love that I can give one to my daughter to clean marks off the wall without wondering if she might get cleaning chemicals into her eyes.

If it feels weird, you could try rubber gloves but if it doesn't clean well enough for you, there's not a lot I know of to do about that.  Maybe you could use it along with a cleaner that doesn't contain bleach.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2665 on: March 31, 2010, 02:15:38 PM »

I love mine and I especially love that I can give one to my daughter to clean marks off the wall without wondering if she might get cleaning chemicals into her eyes.

If it feels weird, you could try rubber gloves but if it doesn't clean well enough for you, there's not a lot I know of to do about that.  Maybe you could use it along with a cleaner that doesn't contain bleach.

I never use bleach. It's not hard to find non-aggressive cleaning stuff in the local supermarket. And the acidic toilet cleaners, with formic acid are almost standard I think.

My main problem with microfibre clothes is that it hooks on my hands, and that I just can't get the surface dried with it after cleaning. I do use it on one table, because of the polishing effect. But, mainly use cotton to work with.

TheoK

« Reply #2666 on: March 31, 2010, 02:26:19 PM »
Formic acid is BRAVE! They used to make it by distilling ants, and, as you all know, ants are very BRAVE! indeed! :arrr:

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2667 on: March 31, 2010, 04:12:45 PM »
Formic acid is BRAVE! They used to make it by distilling ants, and, as you all know, ants are very BRAVE! indeed! :arrr:

It is called 'mierenzuur' here, I had to use a dictionary to find the word formic acid. Ant-acid just didn't sound right.  :lol:

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2668 on: March 31, 2010, 09:23:28 PM »
Microfibre cleaning cloths can reduce the need for chemical cleaning products, but for really tough stains :) , a squirt of dishwashing liquid instead of the recommended plain water gets 'er done quicker. Even Enjo sells a paste cleaner that contains finely-ground marble dust and SLS for jobs where plain water isn't enough. A cheap and handy way to dry off the surfaces after cleaning is to buy a stack of towels (hand towels, face cloths, or terry-towelling nappies) and use them as wipers.

DukeNukem

« Reply #2669 on: April 01, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »
Is it okay to masturbate in public?