Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84820 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2445 on: December 11, 2009, 01:58:38 AM »
Good luck Callaway,

Hope it will all go according to plan or better.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2446 on: December 11, 2009, 04:35:14 AM »
 :hug:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #2447 on: December 11, 2009, 05:48:44 PM »
Surgery? :(

Yes, it's scheduled for this Friday and I will probably be lying around with my foot propped up on pillows for a few weeks.  I hope I can return to work when my daughter's school starts back in early January.
Tomorrow?  Yikes!  Good luck, take care, and when you're feeling up to it, let us know how you're doing post-op!  :hug:

Thanks.

:)

OMG, didn't realise it was imminent. Good luck and all the best. I'll be thinking about you... about NOW. ;)
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #2448 on: December 11, 2009, 08:29:24 PM »
I hope all goes well for You Callaway.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2449 on: December 12, 2009, 01:35:13 AM »
One of the annoying things that happens post-op with this kind of surgery is losing, within a day or two, all the lovely muscle tone you've painstakingly built up during the weeks and months before. Once everything starts knitting back together, though, I imagine you'll get physio, and exercises to do on your own? Looking forward to hearing how that goes. Meanwhile, a laptop and a fast connection are a huge help in overcoming the frustration of immobility.  :thumbup:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2450 on: December 14, 2009, 08:05:57 PM »
How is your recovery going, Callaway?
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2451 on: December 15, 2009, 02:25:59 AM »
One of the annoying things that happens post-op with this kind of surgery is losing, within a day or two, all the lovely muscle tone you've painstakingly built up during the weeks and months before. Once everything starts knitting back together, though, I imagine you'll get physio, and exercises to do on your own? Looking forward to hearing how that goes. Meanwhile, a laptop and a fast connection are a huge help in overcoming the frustration of immobility.  :thumbup:

I know I will lose most of the muscle tone in the six weeks it's immobilized, but I will have physical therapy and I'll work to get it back again.  It will probably take eight months for it to get back to normal, however.

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone.

I'm using the ice machine and taking the pain medicine pretty regularly, so the pain so far has not been as bad as I feared it would be.

I got Ancef in my IV and I haven't had a fever so I think it's not getting infected

If I sit at my computer desk for very long at all, my ankle starts to swell and hurt even though I elevate it parallel to the floor on my knee walker.

I'm using a huge bean bag to elevate my foot above my head on the couch where I have been sleeping since the surgery.  My husband is driving our daughter to school this week, then she will have Christmas vacation for two weeks.  A special education teacher rode with her to school on Friday so my husband could stay with me for the surgery.  This teacher had foot surgery before and she was non-weight bearing for eighteen months, so she brought me her ice machine and her knee walker so I would have back ups on different floors of my house.  It was a really good thing she did because the ice machine I got from the surgery center quit working Saturday after less than 24 hours.  If I couldn't have used hers, it would have been difficult to use enough ice to feel the cold through all these thick bandages.

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #2452 on: December 15, 2009, 05:53:49 AM »
Hang in there Callaway
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2453 on: December 15, 2009, 06:45:44 AM »
Glad to hear you're safe and sound and your pain is being managed, Callaway.  I hope your recovery continues well.  :hug:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2454 on: December 15, 2009, 11:35:14 AM »
Wow shes going through this crap too? Damn callaway. We could be cripple twins.  :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2455 on: December 15, 2009, 02:21:08 PM »
Wow shes going through this crap too? Damn callaway. We could be cripple twins.  :zoinks:

We will be cripple twins.

;D

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #2456 on: December 24, 2009, 10:25:24 AM »
How's it all going, Callaway?
Flibbit.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2457 on: December 24, 2009, 11:18:19 AM »
How's it all going, Callaway?

I'm still a cripple for the next few weeks.  I am currently lying on the sofa in my pajamas with my right leg encased in my lovely black cast boot and propped up on a huge beanbag pillow with my pink laptop propped on my left leg.

I'm still taking Percocet for the pain and using an ice machine which periodically circulates cold water through a cooling pad on my right ankle.  I have a very nice knee walker that I have been using to get around on, which is much more convenient to use than crutches everywhere except on the stairs.

I know that I needed the surgery for my ankle to get better in the long run and that knowledge helps me deal with the pain as a temporary necessity, but even so, it's still difficult for me to be in constant pain.

Right now, there's over a foot of snow on the ground, which makes it too difficult for me to get around.  So my husband has gone out alone to do our last minute Christmas shopping for our daughter.  We already bought her a new bunk bed for Christmas with a dresser and desk under it, so he's looking for a new office chair with wheels for her to use with her new desk.  Also, she asked for new underwear for Christmas, so I asked him to buy her some new bras and panties and gave him the correct sizes. It makes me chuckle to think of him looking around in that part of the store by himself searching for these.

:laugh:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #2458 on: December 24, 2009, 03:49:17 PM »

Do you have to use the high altitude directions when you bake or cook something?

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2459 on: December 24, 2009, 04:28:35 PM »

Do you have to use the high altitude directions when you bake or cook something?

If I'm baking, then things turn out a little better if I use the high altitude directions, but it usually doesn't make that much of a difference for other things.