Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84814 times)

Scrapheap

Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #2385 on: November 16, 2009, 04:40:04 PM »
What happened to the bdhkhsfgk thread?? I tried looking for it with the search function and came up with nothing.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2386 on: November 16, 2009, 06:17:58 PM »
What happened to the bdhkhsfgk thread?? I tried looking for it with the search function and came up with nothing.

Is this the thread you want?

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,12202.0.html

Scrapheap

« Reply #2387 on: November 16, 2009, 06:53:00 PM »

Is this the thread you want?

http://www.intensitysquared.com/index.php/topic,12202.0.html

Yep!  :thumbup: Shleed added fktard at the end of the name which prevented it from comming up in a search.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2388 on: November 21, 2009, 10:32:50 PM »
eight

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2389 on: November 27, 2009, 09:00:39 AM »
Biology 102:

I know the basic blue eyes/brown eyes deal about what is and isn't genetically possible according to the good ol' punnet squares from high school biology.  My question: what are the genetics involved in green eyes, and what are the genetics involved in hazel-colored eyes? 

I know it isn't as straightforward, but I think what I'm trying to figure out is what is and isn't genetically possible to have happen.  (Like, two parents with blue eyes shouldn't be able to have a brown-eyed kid- is there an equivalent with green eyes and/or with hazel eyes?)
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2390 on: November 27, 2009, 11:30:55 AM »
Biology 102:

I know the basic blue eyes/brown eyes deal about what is and isn't genetically possible according to the good ol' punnet squares from high school biology.  My question: what are the genetics involved in green eyes, and what are the genetics involved in hazel-colored eyes? 

I know it isn't as straightforward, but I think what I'm trying to figure out is what is and isn't genetically possible to have happen.  (Like, two parents with blue eyes shouldn't be able to have a brown-eyed kid- is there an equivalent with green eyes and/or with hazel eyes?)

I think that blue/brown eye color is much more complicated than we learned in high school biology.

There are several genes that control eye color and it is actually possible for two blue eyed parents to make a baby with brown eyes or green eyes or hazel eyes or yellow eyes or gray eyes or violet eyes or any other color of eyes.

Eye color comes from a combination of black and yellow pigments called melanin in both the front part and back part of your iris.  If you have no melanin in the front part of your iris and some melanin in the back part, you have blue eyes.  An increasing proportion of the yellow melanin, in combination with the black melanin, results in shades of colors between brown and blue, including green and hazel.

While what we are taught in high school biology is generally true, (brown eye genes are dominant over blue eye genes) because many genes are required to make each of the yellow and black pigments, there are ways to get brown or green eyed kids from blue eyed parents.

Also there are environmental factors that can increase brown iris pigmentation and change blue eyes into brown eyes, like that drug Latisse that grows eyelashes.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #2391 on: November 27, 2009, 11:36:16 AM »
Thanks, I always wondered over that.

Your answer makes sense.

Got a kid with two brown spots in one eye. Her dads eyes are straight blue, mine a sort of blue with hints of yellow/green/brown, sort of smudgy blue. Other kid has the eyes just as blue as her dad has.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2392 on: November 27, 2009, 11:57:29 AM »
I have light blue eyes with dark blue rings around them, my husband has lighter chocolate brown eyes and our daughter has green-hazel eyes.

Scrapheap

« Reply #2393 on: November 27, 2009, 12:09:37 PM »
Thanks, I always wondered over that.

Your answer makes sense.

Got a kid with two brown spots in one eye. Her dads eyes are straight blue, mine a sort of blue with hints of yellow/green/brown, sort of smudgy blue. Other kid has the eyes just as blue as her dad has.

There was a waitress down at our local Carrows restaraunt who had one blue eye and one eye that was 50% hazel and 50% blue. Sexaaaaahh!! :eyebrows:

Blasted

« Reply #2394 on: November 27, 2009, 12:13:27 PM »
That's like Kate Bosworth:

Scrapheap

« Reply #2395 on: November 27, 2009, 12:31:21 PM »
« Last Edit: November 27, 2009, 12:35:42 PM by Scrapheap »

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2396 on: November 28, 2009, 05:35:30 AM »
I have known of a person having brown eyes even though both his parents have blue eyes. GA has very dark brown eyes even though no one else in his family has eyes that dark.
Just found this picture:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 06:14:33 AM by renaeden »
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2397 on: November 28, 2009, 05:22:26 PM »
:clap: :plus:

GalileoAce

« Reply #2398 on: November 29, 2009, 11:34:00 PM »
So what's your opinion of transgender issues Callaway?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2399 on: November 30, 2009, 10:08:32 AM »
I think that blue/brown eye color is much more complicated than we learned in high school biology.

There are several genes that control eye color and it is actually possible for two blue eyed parents to make a baby with brown eyes or green eyes or hazel eyes or yellow eyes or gray eyes or violet eyes or any other color of eyes.

Eye color comes from a combination of black and yellow pigments called melanin in both the front part and back part of your iris.  If you have no melanin in the front part of your iris and some melanin in the back part, you have blue eyes.  An increasing proportion of the yellow melanin, in combination with the black melanin, results in shades of colors between brown and blue, including green and hazel.

While what we are taught in high school biology is generally true, (brown eye genes are dominant over blue eye genes) because many genes are required to make each of the yellow and black pigments, there are ways to get brown or green eyed kids from blue eyed parents.

Also there are environmental factors that can increase brown iris pigmentation and change blue eyes into brown eyes, like that drug Latisse that grows eyelashes.
Thanks Callaway.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.