Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84820 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #1995 on: January 17, 2009, 01:09:36 PM »
Here is a definition of Passive-Aggressive Personality Disorder:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2453/what-is-passive-aggressive

The term "passive-aggressive" was introduced in a 1945 U.S. War Department technical bulletin, describing soldiers who weren't openly insubordinate but shirked duty through procrastination, willful incompetence, and so on. If you've ever served in the military during wartime, though, or for that matter read Catch-22, you realize that what the brass calls a personality disorder a grunt might call a rational strategy to avoid getting killed.

After the war the term found its way into civilian psychiatric practice and for many years was listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, the bible of the mental health trade. According to the revised third edition (DSM-III-R, 1987), someone had PAPD if he displayed five or more of the following behaviors: (1) procrastinates, (2) sulks or argues when asked to do something he doesn't want to do, (3) works inefficiently on unwanted tasks, (4) complains without justification of unreasonable demands, (5) "forgets" obligations, (6) believes he is doing a much better job than others think, (7) resents useful suggestions, (8) fails to do his share, or (9) unreasonably criticizes authority figures....Recognizing that the definition as then formulated wasn't working but uncertain how to fix it, the compilers of DSM-IV (1994) dumped PAPD from the list of official disorders and relegated it to an appendix....

The only person who I like and who I would describe as passive-aggressive is not a member here.
Sounds like the vast majority of men, to me.   :orly:

*RAGE* :grrr:
Yeah, it sounds like you, too.   :laugh:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1996 on: January 17, 2009, 01:18:57 PM »
 :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1997 on: January 17, 2009, 03:09:47 PM »

How can you possibly know that?  :laugh: Or are you just being a bitch?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1998 on: January 18, 2009, 10:45:18 AM »

How can you possibly know that?  :laugh: Or are you just being a bitch?
Mostly being a bitch, but RageBL's online persona is (IMO) very much that of a "male pig"- to the point where I'm really not sure if he's trolling, or if that's actually his real personality.

[I feel the need to add this- before you (Pyraxis) or RageBL demands an explanation for that, I'm not going to bother trying to define or argue about it because I don't see it being very productive; the impression is solid enough with me that picking it apart will only be a mutual exercise in frustration.]

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1999 on: January 18, 2009, 12:09:03 PM »
Aw, damnit, now you're making me want to argue with you. Forbidden fruit and all that. You're no fun.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2000 on: January 18, 2009, 12:34:44 PM »
Aw, damnit, now you're making me want to argue with you. Forbidden fruit and all that. You're no fun.
Ghead and argue; I was just saying that I prolly wasn't going to defend my stance, and explaining why.  :P

Wanna argue about something else?   :eyelash:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #2001 on: January 18, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »
Ghead and argue; I was just saying that I prolly wasn't going to defend my stance, and explaining why.  :P

Wanna argue about something else? 
 :eyelash:

Nah, I wanna come to Rage's defense.

He doesn't seem nearly as piggish as another mcmember who no longer graces us with his presence, much. I am in love with that one in a very gheycourious way, but Rage is the subject dejour. He (RAGE) seems mostly like one, prescribably individual, strong male-like, possibly not gay (OK - debatable ... different post, though) just starting out, inexperienced, grasping at any feeling, needing to be seen, tail feather grower, who has already tried to preen out a few mistakes from his display, but he keeps up the dance, because he is a strong boy/pavoniously ostentatious, male-ish humper/jumper/bumper, capable of much ground stomping, snorting, headbutting, piss spraying, hackle stretching, leg lifting and yet, before he was even ready, he made it  known that his spraying was indeed meant to be refreshed if needed and there was no ground he was not willing to stomp and his display will look its best, tomorrow.

He's a guy - a regular guy. You fucking love us! You can't even help it.

Rock ON, Rage!!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 03:49:47 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2002 on: January 18, 2009, 04:44:23 PM »
That dx reminds me of bipolar disorder in some ways perhaps its a clue
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2003 on: January 18, 2009, 05:11:16 PM »
That dx reminds me of bipolar disorder in some ways perhaps its a clue

THAT was not a DX, Randy.  It was a Salute!

(Don't worry ... I'm miles away from Bi-Polar, by DX standards, and I have no fantasies to be that way. I must keep balance, though. I know you see this tendency in me, but it is not a part of my conscious behavior, only a part of my twenty-twenty hindsight. Be that as it may seem.)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #2004 on: January 18, 2009, 06:23:43 PM »
As quick as possible.. YES I KNEW ON THE 12TH.meds wasnt a useful suggestion i learned to tough it out beat it well lol not like the can of beets under my counter that i may eat purple red ones  callaway what foods do you hate?
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2005 on: January 18, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »
As quick as possible.. YES I KNEW ON THE 12TH.meds wasnt a useful suggestion i learned to tough it out beat it well lol not like the can of beets under my counter that i may eat purple red ones  callaway what foods do you hate?

I think you should find a way to grow your own beets. They are incredibly easy to grow in a simple pot that gets some sun.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2006 on: January 18, 2009, 10:23:57 PM »

Liver and runny eggs.

:puke:

TheoK

« Reply #2007 on: January 19, 2009, 04:43:01 AM »
Will you go to Europe again? There are more beautiful places than Teadrinker Land in Europe.  ;)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2008 on: January 19, 2009, 11:10:19 AM »
Will you go to Europe again? There are more beautiful places than Teadrinker Land in Europe.  ;)

I would love to go to Europe again.

What beautiful places would you recommend?

TheoK

« Reply #2009 on: January 19, 2009, 11:23:32 AM »

I would love to go to Europe again.

What beautiful places would you recommend?

Many parts of Sweden are actually quite lovely. Norway too. I can also recommend the Harz mountains in the middle of Germany and the Greek archipelago.  8)