Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84812 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #1980 on: January 16, 2009, 05:30:46 PM »
It's "LOOK who's talking". And my hair's all there, still. How about you? Remembering those bygone days of your youth?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1981 on: January 16, 2009, 05:33:54 PM »
Where's that hair? It's not very thick.   :zoinks:

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1982 on: January 16, 2009, 05:38:34 PM »
Where's that hair? It's not very thick.   :zoinks:

??? It is, actually. It's very short, though.

A painful subject, I take it?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #1983 on: January 16, 2009, 05:39:08 PM »
No.  8)

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1984 on: January 16, 2009, 05:48:27 PM »
Balding with dignity, then. I'd call that sort of brave, if it hadn't been for your previous posts here.

- Albert Einstein

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1985 on: January 16, 2009, 05:57:45 PM »
What do you like passive-aggressive pacifists?  ;)

I want a clarification, on this one - not just the psycho-babble, but the grammar as well.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #1986 on: January 16, 2009, 05:59:47 PM »

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1987 on: January 16, 2009, 08:05:46 PM »
:lol:

I do like Batman, but I did not realize that he was a passive-aggressive pacifist.

It would help to know what that is. Do you know, and if you do, would you care to enlighten me?

Here is a definition of Passive-Aggressive Personality Disorder:

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/2453/what-is-passive-aggressive

The term "passive-aggressive" was introduced in a 1945 U.S. War Department technical bulletin, describing soldiers who weren't openly insubordinate but shirked duty through procrastination, willful incompetence, and so on. If you've ever served in the military during wartime, though, or for that matter read Catch-22, you realize that what the brass calls a personality disorder a grunt might call a rational strategy to avoid getting killed.

After the war the term found its way into civilian psychiatric practice and for many years was listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, the bible of the mental health trade. According to the revised third edition (DSM-III-R, 1987), someone had PAPD if he displayed five or more of the following behaviors: (1) procrastinates, (2) sulks or argues when asked to do something he doesn't want to do, (3) works inefficiently on unwanted tasks, (4) complains without justification of unreasonable demands, (5) "forgets" obligations, (6) believes he is doing a much better job than others think, (7) resents useful suggestions, (8) fails to do his share, or (9) unreasonably criticizes authority figures....Recognizing that the definition as then formulated wasn't working but uncertain how to fix it, the compilers of DSM-IV (1994) dumped PAPD from the list of official disorders and relegated it to an appendix....

The only person who I like and who I would describe as passive-aggressive is not a member here.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #1988 on: January 16, 2009, 08:08:09 PM »
If I weren't otherwise spoken for--and knowing what you know about me--would you go out with me on a date?
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1989 on: January 16, 2009, 08:32:29 PM »
Passive-aggressive behavior

Of course, I've read quite a bit about this ...

::)

What about the rest?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1990 on: January 17, 2009, 02:24:51 AM »
I would feel really shitty to post constantly about the books I read. I also doubt that anyone would believe the sheer number or the diversity of what I read on a daily basis or the fact that I usually have five or six going at once.   Most certainly not when you consider the PDD/ADHD/DSI/(half - can't be diagnosed - doc says I'm too good at compensating at my age - the rest is a cinch)Dyslexic spaz case who almost never turns off his music, finds it difficult to make two thoughts meet sometimes, manages two children in the evening, cooks, exercises, spends a couple of hours per day on a forum, visits the library every couple of days (oops, BUSTED!).
:D Are you showing off?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1991 on: January 17, 2009, 03:28:10 AM »
I would feel really shitty to post constantly about the books I read. I also doubt that anyone would believe the sheer number or the diversity of what I read on a daily basis or the fact that I usually have five or six going at once.   Most certainly not when you consider the PDD/ADHD/DSI/(half - can't be diagnosed - doc says I'm too good at compensating at my age - the rest is a cinch)Dyslexic spaz case who almost never turns off his music, finds it difficult to make two thoughts meet sometimes, manages two children in the evening, cooks, exercises, spends a couple of hours per day on a forum, visits the library every couple of days (oops, BUSTED!).
:D Are you showing off?

Nah, just supporting Callaway's statement about how impractical it would be to post our book lists and a light reference a few other things we do that never deserve a mention.
Any time I talk about being bored (I'm not really one of the culprits, really, in case you had not noticed), just tell me I'm full of shit!
I barely post in the music thread I started and I have not posted much in my fractal threads lately, either. However, I almost always listen to music and I create about a hundred or more fractal images each day. I also eat every day, but I only post in that thread about once a week or so. I have not mentioned but once the new (combined theories!) subwoofer enclosure I have designed, done most of the cuts and prefit the parts a half dozen times, which is almost ready to assemble for a trial run.

Meh, call it what you like.  I haven't even scratched the surface of my interests.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1992 on: January 17, 2009, 05:37:37 AM »
If I weren't otherwise spoken for--and knowing what you know about me--would you go out with me on a date?

If neither of us were attached, then yes.

I am married and my husband and I are both monogamous, so I wouldn't date anyone.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1993 on: January 17, 2009, 10:46:49 AM »

The term "passive-aggressive" was introduced in a 1945 U.S. War Department technical bulletin, describing soldiers who weren't openly insubordinate but shirked duty through procrastination, willful incompetence, and so on. If you've ever served in the military during wartime, though, or for that matter read Catch-22, you realize that what the brass calls a personality disorder a grunt might call a rational strategy to avoid getting killed.

After the war the term found its way into civilian psychiatric practice and for many years was listed in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual, the bible of the mental health trade. According to the revised third edition (DSM-III-R, 1987), someone had PAPD if he displayed five or more of the following behaviors: (1) procrastinates, (2) sulks or argues when asked to do something he doesn't want to do, (3) works inefficiently on unwanted tasks, (4) complains without justification of unreasonable demands, (5) "forgets" obligations, (6) believes he is doing a much better job than others think, (7) resents useful suggestions, (8) fails to do his share, or (9) unreasonably criticizes authority figures....Recognizing that the definition as then formulated wasn't working but uncertain how to fix it, the compilers of DSM-IV (1994) dumped PAPD from the list of official disorders and relegated it to an appendix....

The only person who I like and who I would describe as passive-aggressive is not a member here.
Sounds like the vast majority of men, to me.   :orly:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1994 on: January 17, 2009, 12:51:28 PM »

Sounds like the vast majority of men, to me.   :orly:

*RAGE* :grrr:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"