Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84804 times)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #1935 on: January 14, 2009, 03:30:25 PM »
Gotu kola can make a genius it says.  SHHHH :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1936 on: January 14, 2009, 03:38:12 PM »
Do you think that liquid water is a requirement for planet life? Or do you agree that life could possibly exist off something like cyanide on another planet?
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1937 on: January 14, 2009, 04:01:04 PM »
Find a compound that responds differently to heat and cold exchange first.
What element or compound can absorb as much heat or release/store as much heat as water?
Water is the one, which does not follow the periodic table of elements and remain predictable from what the other element's properties might predict.

Look again at the tables.

Figure out which other compound might weigh more than it should, might freeze at too low a temperature, might boil at too high a temperature.

TYou will h then have your other life "water."

Water is unique, as far as we know.

It has a very wide range from solid to liquid to to gas, compared to some others.

methane?

...  before you go far with this ... joules?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:07:23 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1938 on: January 14, 2009, 04:41:21 PM »
What element or compound can absorb as much heat or release/store as much heat as water?
Water is the one, which does not follow the periodic table of elements and remain predictable from what the other element's properties might predict.

Figure out which other compound might weigh more than it should, might freeze at too low a temperature, might boil at too high a temperature.

It has a very wide range from solid to liquid to to gas, compared to some others.

methane?

How come it has to have characteristics like water? How do we know that organisms need to drink or get thirsty? What if they take in solids instead?
I will never stop...

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1939 on: January 14, 2009, 04:47:16 PM »
 I only made that comment because I felt I deserved it,  I work at becoming very smart, most people have this capacity, and so can also obtain intellegence. I think the  ones who  believe they are the best, imply that they got it all, but in actuality, its a never ending quest.  I am still kind of sick, so excuse me.   No matter how much I do, its not enough, I simply need another person to help me.

How is the weather  where you are Callaway?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 04:49:50 PM by ALLDAYGLOWRANDY »
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1940 on: January 14, 2009, 05:00:03 PM »
What is the worst thing someone has ever said to you?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1941 on: January 14, 2009, 07:42:24 PM »
You should learn some foreign languages.  8)

I agree that I should.  Many kind people have taught me bits and pieces of their languages, but I am not fluent in any language except English.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1942 on: January 14, 2009, 07:43:13 PM »
Gotu kola can make a genius it says.  SHHHH :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Thanks.

:green:

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1943 on: January 14, 2009, 09:15:10 PM »

methane?

How come it has to have characteristics like water? How do we know that organisms need to drink or get thirsty? What if they take in solids instead?

Dude, I have given this shit some thought. I am yet to be convinced that you have.  It's NOT so much about liquid or solid as it is about heat exchange and heat tolerance before physical change.

Your're US based right?     ... so I'll use Fahrenheit for temperature examples.

Methane turns from solid ice to a liquid at -297 degrees Farhenheit (yeah, I googled to get teh specifics) then remains in a liquid state for a mere few degrees. it turns to a gas, which means it boils like a mother fucker at -259 degrees Fahrenheit. That gives us thirty eight degrees of "bandwidth" to play with in our creation of life scenaroiio and all the width of life forces must occur or work within, a few degrees differencial.

If you look at water, it bis totally solid at any temperature below thirty two degrees Fahrenheit (OK, that's a lot higher and implies more movement/energy at the atomic level as well, but that's a different discussion, isn't it?) and yet it turns to liquid at that temperature plus one degree. At thirty three degrees fahrenhet it is a liquid, but  - BUTT  it remains in a liquid state, absorbing huge amounts of energy - more than seems possible (for god is water - HaHaa) until it reaches a temperature of two hundred twelve degrees Fahrenheit. There is a "breathing zone of "  one hundred eighty degrees.  No other compound, aside from a few metals, can claim such a wide range between liquid and gas, most especially when you compare the energies involved.
Those metals hardly take on any energy without changing drastically (look at the changes which metals suffer with wide spreads between temperatures on a constant basis.). Look how much energy water can take on and hardly change at all.   Dont't forget that water is the one and only compound which is larger, bigger, takes up more space -  (reduces its specific gravity - duh) as a solid, than when it is liquid.(you hadn't thought of how unique and important this property is in the workings of nature, have you. Ever seen a hillside collapse because it got wet, then cold, then thawed?   Water is different, dude!!!) (look at the effectsa this has upon the environment ... or not. Maybe think of the difference in "size") between methane as a liquid and methane as a solid (... well before you take into account the energies involved, that is) Methane may support llife, but it will be a "shalllow" life, only possible within a very narrow range of possibilities.

Water has proven to support a massively varied range of life. Water, on the other hand is much wider/forgivable in its likelihoood to supposrt any  life that we might be albe to recognize.

Heavy carbons ... what ever!

Look again.
You can learn from tables of simple data, if you are open. (You're right - I'm drunk, but I can do this again when i am sober and you mat learn something - something Holy, as the Indians say.)

Find me a compound with similar properties to water (I will talk about carbon, if you insist that you are ready - for Carbon is  is far more intriguing -  it has the capaapbility to be one thing at one pressure and a totally different thing, all atomic particles accounted, d for (that is) at another pressure. I'm not talking about JUST diamonds and coal, but ALL the various carbon compounds - carbon can be a true bitch ... if you watch her. Fuck! There is a lot to this stuff.!! Is there another who sees any of this?) and we will talk of alternate life possibilities when I am sober.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:21:41 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1944 on: January 14, 2009, 11:04:42 PM »
Sorry wasnt calling you stupid i dont believe one herb alone could do so nor could pills alone make one strong scientist tried to recreat bee pollen bees couldnt survive off it its too complex for now i felt charged from hyperventilation and or gota kola whos max use is 6weeks felt like an electrical storm inside my body like i imagined                        do you have a favorite color         do you sleep on your back stomach or side?

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1945 on: January 15, 2009, 12:23:42 AM »
Dirt dawg, you're just fine drunk. Hahaha.  ;D

You just showed me you've thought about this quite a bit. We'll definetely chat sometime more in depth. Add my msn. Rage_461@hotmail.com. :clap:
I will never stop...

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1946 on: January 15, 2009, 12:24:57 AM »
Sorry wasnt calling you stupid i dont believe one herb alone could do so nor could pills alone make one strong scientist tried to recreat bee pollen bees couldnt survive off it its too complex for now i felt charged from hyperventilation and or gota kola whos max use is 6weeks felt like an electrical storm inside my body like i imagined                        do you have a favorite color         do you sleep on your back stomach or side?

Lolwut? :o
I will never stop...

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1947 on: January 15, 2009, 11:27:08 AM »

You just showed me you've thought about this quite a bit. We'll definetely chat sometime more in depth. Add my msn. Rage_461@hotmail.com. :clap:

FUCK!

I can't believe I wrote all that stupid shit out. I sound like a raving idiot!

Sorry, Rage.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1948 on: January 15, 2009, 11:31:32 AM »

FUCK!

I can't believe I wrote all that stupid shit out. I sound like a raving idiot!

Sorry, Rage.

Naw dude is fine. I get drunk all the time too. I understand, and I was serious. Even drunk you brought up a valid point.  :plus:
I will never stop...

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1949 on: January 15, 2009, 07:00:26 PM »
Do you think that liquid water is a requirement for planet life? Or do you agree that life could possibly exist off something like cyanide on another planet?

I have seen enough extremophiles on Earth to know that some forms of life can thrive under very extreme conditions.

However I also think that some sort of simple compound composed of atoms with small atomic numbers (less than or equal to the atomic number of iron) that is a liquid at the temperature of the planet will be necessary for complex life.  You would need a liquid because it flows and it has the necessary cohesiveness.  I am not saying that this liquid would necessarily have to be water, however water has several unique or unusual properties that make it a good candidate.

For example, as DirtDawg pointed out, water is liquid over a fairly large range of temperatures.

Water also has the almost unique property that the solid form is less dense than the liquid form, so ice floats.