Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84805 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #1800 on: October 30, 2008, 10:45:32 AM »
I know it is futile to ask. But will you post pics of the costumes? Anyone?

i may not finish my costume but my girlfriend is going as a tiroth - a monkeylike being from a novel she wrote. i am going as a griff - part cat, part bird, from the same novel. at the least, we will post a pic of a tiroth in a tree, at best, both the tiroth and the griff.

i do have a question, too:
can you feel gas pains in other parts of your body besides your digestive system?

I hope that you get your costume finished by tomorrow and that both of you post pictures of your costumes, because they sound great.

I have felt gas pains as referred pains in my shoulders and I have heard of people feeling gas pains as referred pains in their chest.

Other than that, I don't know where else you could feel them.  Where have you felt gas pains?

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1801 on: October 30, 2008, 01:37:58 PM »
I have had what I guess you would call referred pains both in my chest and shoulder. Particularly scary in the left shoulder when it occurs at the same time as the chest pains. But no one I know had heard of this. I guess it must be rare.

The Tiroth costume is 1/3 done but I had some errands so now I have to rest. We hope to finish the Tiroth tonight and maybe start the Griff. Since I still have to wear a mask in public we are transforming one into a beak. The Tiroth is going to be quite furry.
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1802 on: October 30, 2008, 02:47:50 PM »
I'd never heard of "referred pain" but I looked it up. Apparently it's when nerves get crossed in your spine and damage to internal organs is perceived as hurt in unrelated parts of the body.

I found an image mapping common regions of referred pain:

You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1803 on: October 30, 2008, 11:18:51 PM »
That's an interesting picture, Pyraxis.

I felt gas pains in my shoulders, especially after my C-section and laparoscopic surgeries.  I think that the gas pressure must have irritated my diaphragm.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1804 on: October 31, 2008, 12:10:41 AM »
argh! i can't see the picture!
Mark Twain: “Never argue with a [troll], onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1805 on: October 31, 2008, 02:02:32 PM »
I hope that you get your costume finished by tomorrow and that both of you post pictures of your costumes, because they sound great.

We decided to do a shaman for Wolf instead of a griff.

Here are the pics....

You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1806 on: October 31, 2008, 02:05:17 PM »
i can see those pictures!
 ;D

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1807 on: November 01, 2008, 05:15:03 AM »
argh! i can't see the picture!

I copied the URL into my browser window, then it worked for me.  Here it is:

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1808 on: November 01, 2008, 05:26:46 AM »

We decided to do a shaman for Wolf instead of a griff.

Here are the pics....

Those are great costumes.  Thanks for sharing them.

These are the Leia and Darth Vader costumes I copied, but I did not have the blaster and my husband's costume did not have the shoulder armor or codpiece and his belt and boots were different:

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1809 on: November 01, 2008, 07:13:09 AM »
do you have actual pics?

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline WolFish

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #1810 on: November 01, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
thanks for the referred pain pic, btw

is there any medication that could simulate the effects of huffing butane?

#Dancewithgarygopher

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1811 on: November 01, 2008, 12:20:15 PM »
Does your daughter have heart complications grown up following what she went through?

My mind isn't going to process something like this, so excuss what ever comes up, but don't be afraid to answer.  I am not saying anything about you, just don't want you to feel like that, or anyone.  Then I would be alone, and that would suck, fuckn suck :laugh:  Everything sucks/ sucking :laugh:
« Last Edit: November 01, 2008, 12:21:59 PM by ALLDAYGLOWRANDY »
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1812 on: November 02, 2008, 12:31:44 AM »
thanks for the referred pain pic, btw

is there any medication that could simulate the effects of huffing butane?

Sorry, I don't know.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1813 on: November 02, 2008, 01:12:14 AM »
Does your daughter have heart complications grown up following what she went through?

My mind isn't going to process something like this, so excuss what ever comes up, but don't be afraid to answer.  I am not saying anything about you, just don't want you to feel like that, or anyone.  Then I would be alone, and that would suck, fuckn suck :laugh:  Everything sucks/ sucking :laugh:

Yes, she was born with a Ventricular Septal Defect and she had open heart surgery to fix it when she was three weeks old.  Some of the stitches from the surgery affected the natural pacemaker cells of her heart, so now her heart has a right bundle branch block, which changes the conduction pathway of her heart so it can be seen on an electrocardiogram.

The surgeon used a patch to fix the hole that was in her heart and it leaked for a while following the open heart surgery, but the leakage stopped as her own heart muscle cells covered the patch.  She has a metal clip in her heart that was used during her surgery to fix something called a Patent Ductus Arterosis, which is a way for the blood to bypass the lungs during fetal circulation.  It is supposed to close itself off after the baby is born, but it didn't in her case.  That clip shows up on X-ray and I don't know whether it prevents her being able to have an MRI if she ever needs one.  She also had a Patent Foramen Ovale, which is an opening between the atria, which another thing that the heart needs for fetal circulation but it's supposed to close after the baby is born but in her case it didn't.  They closed that with a stitch during her surgery and she has had no further issues from it.

She has other health issues, but these are the only ones dealing with her heart.

I will attach a couple of pictures so you can see what was wrong with her heart.  The first one shows the VSD and the second one shows the PDA.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1814 on: November 02, 2008, 01:14:25 AM »
do you have actual pics?

We didn't take any of ourselves.