Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84809 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #1320 on: February 16, 2008, 11:36:26 AM »
Callaway, could you give me an extremely brief summary of Cal's vision for Intensity vs everyone else's?

I can't keep up with all these threads, but I'd still like to know the real reason for the differences of opinion regarding how this place is to be run.
I posted a question, and it didn't get answered.  Everyone was too busy picking at each other.

I saw your question, Carlotta.  I am incapable of answering it extremely briefly, as you requested.  Summarizing everything into a single sound bite is something that I'm not skilled at doing.  Answering it at all will probably only serve to feed the troll, who is not you, of course. 

Calandale's ideas are all over the place, both literally and figuratively, so his "vision for Intensity" seems to be somewhat schizophrenic.  Many of his ideas contradict one another and it seems obvious to me that he cannot have thought them through before he suggested them.  It's a shame, because he may have one or two good ideas but I can't tell you what they are because who wants to dig through 30000 tons of manure to find a piece of chocolate?

richard

« Reply #1321 on: February 16, 2008, 12:34:22 PM »
who wants to dig through 30000 tons of manure to find a piece of chocolate?
:pizza: :laugh:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1322 on: February 16, 2008, 12:35:46 PM »
Callaway, could you give me an extremely brief summary of Cal's vision for Intensity vs everyone else's?

I can't keep up with all these threads, but I'd still like to know the real reason for the differences of opinion regarding how this place is to be run.
I posted a question, and it didn't get answered.  Everyone was too busy picking at each other.

I saw your question, Carlotta.  I am incapable of answering it extremely briefly, as you requested.  Summarizing everything into a single sound bite is something that I'm not skilled at doing.  Answering it at all will probably only serve to feed the troll, who is not you, of course. 

Calandale's ideas are all over the place, both literally and figuratively, so his "vision for Intensity" seems to be somewhat schizophrenic.  Many of his ideas contradict one another and it seems obvious to me that he cannot have thought them through before he suggested them.  It's a shame, because he may have one or two good ideas but I can't tell you what they are because who wants to dig through 30000 tons of manure to find a piece of chocolate?

:plus:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1323 on: February 16, 2008, 12:46:25 PM »

Or maybe you could not even answer the question in say a side of A4, because you have no answer. Instead you continue to snipe and score cheap shots.
I thought many of his good ideas could be touched on by looking at his thread titles, when you begin to read they can be rather interesting.

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #1324 on: February 16, 2008, 01:42:02 PM »
This is starting to get depressing to me.  Too much picking from both sides.   :-\

hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1325 on: February 16, 2008, 03:00:29 PM »

I actually agree with this. There is NO vision.
There are ideals, democracy was one. Freedom
is another. I try and come up with thoughts which
MIGHT help, in the hopes that they can be hammered
into something workable.

Clearly though, I see no advantage to some stances of
the current staff. For example the opposition to allowing
members to control their own profiles. Having to constantly
beg for an admin to do this is goofy.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #1326 on: February 16, 2008, 04:27:14 PM »
Amy had some mango yesterday, and now she's broken out in hives all over...  the thing is, we had fresh mango, which she hasn't had before, but she used to eat dried mango all the time.  Do you think you can be allergic to a fresh fruit, but not the dried version?
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1327 on: February 16, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »
I'm allergic to raisins and some kinds of grape juice, but not grapes.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1328 on: February 16, 2008, 05:16:29 PM »
Amy had some mango yesterday, and now she's broken out in hives all over...  the thing is, we had fresh mango, which she hasn't had before, but she used to eat dried mango all the time.  Do you think you can be allergic to a fresh fruit, but not the dried version?
You can. Heat changes chemical and biological structures, so the reaction can be different.

richard

« Reply #1329 on: February 16, 2008, 06:23:14 PM »

Or maybe you could not even answer the question in say a side of A4, because you have no answer. Instead you continue to snipe and score cheap shots.
I thought many of his good ideas could be touched on by looking at his thread titles, when you begin to read they can be rather interesting.
what are you? like calandales fucking shadow?

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1330 on: February 16, 2008, 06:24:58 PM »

No. Just someone who sometimes agrees. And is seeing that
others are crawling out of the woodwork too.

richard

« Reply #1331 on: February 16, 2008, 06:38:45 PM »
calandale you have some good points brah, you just like arguing over the stupidest most obvious shit. i think most people are just tired of it :laugh:

Offline Calandale

• Elder
  • peep
« Reply #1332 on: February 16, 2008, 06:49:37 PM »
calandale you have some good points brah, you just like arguing over the stupidest most obvious shit.

Not everyone thinks that abuse by staff is stupid or obvious.
There are those, other than you, who don't see it so
clearly.
i think most people are just tired of it :laugh:

I KNOW they are. Doesn't mean I can stop.
One has to fight on

richard

« Reply #1333 on: February 16, 2008, 06:54:21 PM »
well just dont take it too seriously,  ;)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1334 on: February 16, 2008, 06:56:27 PM »

No, he is my sock puppet. I swear I told you all that before.