Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 85637 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #1110 on: February 07, 2008, 08:12:52 AM »
What would be a good credit card to start building credit?  I don't know what a "low" rate is, but mostly what I care about is that it costs me as little as possble (and not just during the "intro period" and I can pay it off every month online with my atm debit card (I've been able to pay for stuff online before with the debit card, so prolly not much of an issue there).  I might try getting a card though my bank, but I'm not sure if their rates are good or not.  I don't give a crap about rewards or any of that junk.  I'll probably use it as little as I can and still have it build credit- I'm not going to go all crazy with it.

I think 22 is prolly getting to be too old to have no credit history.   :-\
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1111 on: February 07, 2008, 09:50:18 AM »
I just got approved for my first credit card myself...from the bank.

The bank seems to be a good way to go, IMO.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #1112 on: February 07, 2008, 10:48:05 AM »
What would be a good credit card to start building credit?  I don't know what a "low" rate is, but mostly what I care about is that it costs me as little as possble (and not just during the "intro period" and I can pay it off every month online with my atm debit card (I've been able to pay for stuff online before with the debit card, so prolly not much of an issue there).  I might try getting a card though my bank, but I'm not sure if their rates are good or not.  I don't give a crap about rewards or any of that junk.  I'll probably use it as little as I can and still have it build credit- I'm not going to go all crazy with it.

If you're paying it off every month it doesn't really matter what the rate is... because you won't be charged interest.  A good rate is anywhere from 11 to 14% after the special introductory rates... the most important thing is to pay that bill, every month, ON TIME.  I missed a payment or two, and they jacked up my rates, and it really affected my credit score.  It's taken a lot of time, but I've got it in the mid 700s now.  It's much easier to start off with good credit than to repair it, so make sure you always pay on time.

Oh, there's lots of cards out there that don't charge a monthly fee... make sure you get one of them.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 10:50:01 AM by Tesla »
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1113 on: February 07, 2008, 11:20:03 AM »

If you intend to pay it off in full every month, the interest rate does not matter as much as the no annual fee.

I think that Wachovia and Capital One are pretty good for both.

I think that you can set it up so the payments are made automatically every month from your bank account, assuming that you have a checking account to go with your debit card.  I think that you can even set it up so the payments can be made with your debit card, but I don't have one, so I am not as certain about that.

Like Tesla said, making the payments on time every single month is very important in building your credit score.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1114 on: February 07, 2008, 04:31:53 PM »
Do you have to right all the time, are you like spokane girl, wanting to right all the time, and get into arguements frequently?

famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

duncvis

« Reply #1115 on: February 07, 2008, 04:45:56 PM »
Do you have to right all the time, are you like spokane girl, wanting to right all the time, and get into arguements frequently?

you might get a response to this question if you REPHRASE IT IN ENGLISH. doooooy!  :bunny:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1116 on: February 07, 2008, 04:48:20 PM »

Right and wrong is a quandary.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1117 on: February 07, 2008, 04:51:12 PM »
yes, not a verb.

:laugh:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1118 on: February 07, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »

you might get a response to this question if you REPHRASE IT IN ENGLISH. doooooy!  :bunny:

Doubt it.

:bunny:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1119 on: February 07, 2008, 04:55:31 PM »
yes, not a verb.

I wish some people in my union would remember that one. Bloody pro-life nutters...

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1120 on: February 08, 2008, 02:09:49 AM »
It's a miracle that anyone around you can be pro-life. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1121 on: February 08, 2008, 02:11:08 AM »
It's a miracle that anyone around you can be pro-life. :P

ooooh, that's nasty, O Man.  but funny.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1122 on: February 08, 2008, 02:19:47 AM »
I try to be nice but all too often, I remember that I'm really not. :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1123 on: February 08, 2008, 02:20:50 AM »
I try to be nice but all too often, I remember that I'm really not. :P

yesssss!

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1124 on: February 08, 2008, 02:34:51 PM »

I might also get a response if you were not so easily overstimulated.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous