Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84814 times)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #1080 on: January 23, 2008, 12:13:57 PM »
How about try to remember next time, a healthy lifestyle keeps my mind sharp so that doesn't happen.
A little extra germs keeps the immune system sharp :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 12:29:21 PM by AllDayGlowRandy »
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #1081 on: January 23, 2008, 12:42:11 PM »
Now, finally, someone's said something
which worries me about being a slob.  ::)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1082 on: January 25, 2008, 07:09:38 PM »

How is the best way to rejuvenate your "gastro-flora" after a viral infection?

I've become ill this afternoon and if this is the typical thing that has infected me almost every winter for several years, I get over it quickly, but end up in a very weakened state as a result. I also can not digest anything I eat for several days.

Eating yogurt, avoiding alcohol and avoiding coffee all seem to help, but are there other foods or supplements which will shorten the healing process and get my system back to normal sooner?
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #1083 on: January 25, 2008, 07:22:26 PM »

I've become ill this afternoon and if this is the typical thing that has infected me almost every winter for several years, I get over it quickly, but end up in a very weakened state as a result. I also can not digest anything I eat for several days.

Eating yogurt, avoiding alcohol and avoiding coffee all seem to help, but are there other foods or supplements which will shorten the healing process and get my system back to normal sooner?
Shouldnt this question be in Flo's thread :P

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1084 on: January 25, 2008, 07:33:04 PM »

Shouldnt this question be in Flo's thread :P

Try to read my question again. It is not about a ginseng induced wank frenzy or feeling those potatoes.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1085 on: January 25, 2008, 09:59:45 PM »
Yogurt is good.  There are probiotic supplements that restore the bacterial flora of the intestines more quickly, however.

I use Nature's Way Primadophilus, which I buy from the refrigerated section of Vitamin Cottage.  It has an enteric coating that dissolves in the intestine, so the acids in the stomach don't kill many of the active bacteria, like they do for some other supplements.  I keep it in the refrigerator at home to preserve its potency.

My daughter uses Primadophilus Junior.  She takes one a day.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1086 on: January 27, 2008, 02:13:01 PM »
I would like to add, it must have symbol, indorsed by the national yogurt association, or you cannot be sure there is therapeutic dose of probiotics in it.  Most frozen yogurts don't have the 10x more they should, to make up for freezing.  You could also try 10billon cfu of acidophillus, the amount for a infection.  I took that much and I don't.  Soil also has homeostatic organsim that plants use to absorb nutrition, although it depends on pesticides.  A little dirt on your  vegetables is good for you, minus all the other shit that is not supposed to be in the soil.

Do you know what anaclitic depression is?  It is something to do with infants and mothers who are not around.  I am not saying anything bad about you, just wanted to teach you something.  It was hard to read about, I almost had tears hearing about it.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1087 on: January 27, 2008, 02:39:06 PM »
Do you know what anaclitic depression is?  It is something to do with infants and mothers who are not around.  I am not saying anything bad about you, just wanted to teach you something.  It was hard to read about, I almost had tears hearing about it.

I did not know it by that name, but I know about the concept.

Thanks.

I don't think that my daughter was separated from me for long enough when she was a baby to cause her a problem like that, however.

There was about a week she spent in intensive care when nobody was allowed to pick her up because she was hooked up to ECMO, which is a sort of heart-lung machine, but I still touched her, stroking her head and her arms and legs, and I talked to her so she knew that I was there.  The rest of the time she spent in the hospital, I was with her almost the whole entire time, night and day.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1088 on: January 27, 2008, 04:13:31 PM »
Yogurt is good.  There are probiotic supplements that restore the bacterial flora of the intestines more quickly, however.

I use Nature's Way Primadophilus, which I buy from the refrigerated section of Vitamin Cottage.  It has an enteric coating that dissolves in the intestine, so the acids in the stomach don't kill many of the active bacteria, like they do for some other supplements.  I keep it in the refrigerator at home to preserve its potency.

Thanks for reading between the lines and recommending a specific product with which you are familiar.
I was still a little dizzy when I tried to type that.

Our local Walgreen Drug has this, too.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1089 on: January 27, 2008, 04:17:52 PM »

Thanks for reading between the lines and recommending a specific product with which you are familiar.

Is it kept in the refrigerator there? 

I have not noticed it in our Walgreen's here.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1090 on: January 27, 2008, 04:38:55 PM »

Is it kept in the refrigerator there? 

I have not noticed it in our Walgreen's here.

Yes.
It's kept behind the counter where only the pharmacist can get to it. Fortunately, I did not waste time looking for it. I went directly to the pharmacist and asked her for something similar, doubting that I would find the exact item which I had already looked into on the net, and she had the same Nature's Way product (you mentioned) available, along with a competitor. She also recommended the NW product, because of its potency. It contains a greater amount of live culture, than the competing product.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1091 on: January 28, 2008, 02:15:13 PM »

I did not know it by that name, but I know about the concept.

Thanks.

I don't think that my daughter was separated from me for long enough when she was a baby to cause her a problem like that, however.

There was about a week she spent in intensive care when nobody was allowed to pick her up because she was hooked up to ECMO, which is a sort of heart-lung machine, but I still touched her, stroking her head and her arms and legs, and I talked to her so she knew that I was there.  The rest of the time she spent in the hospital, I was with her almost the whole entire time, night and day.

I am not surprised.

Anaclitic depression occurs when the mommy is not around, the infant searches and searches, and after 3 or 4 weeks it withdrawls.  There is no intervention that can stop the crying infant during that time,  but some just get treary eyed.  Since the infant cannot discriminate between food and mom, it will reject food.  If the seperation occurs at 1 year old or later, it can be reversed provided the mother shows up in 3 months.  I think I got that right.  I just didn't like the parenting I got, so I decided to read just incase.

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #1092 on: January 29, 2008, 01:28:01 PM »
It was perfect, almost as if I copied it directly from the book.  I mean I used some of the same words as the book I memorized it from.  I reviewed something I knew already about the consolidation peroid that occurs for about 20 or 30 minutes, when memories are stored, just have to speed up neural firing during that time so you can remember it easier.  There are two ways I think of, right off the back, taking a stimulating mixture of herbs, and or imagine myself full on energy that makes me stronger.

I remember something else saddening, about harlow's  infant monkey experiments.  He tried to institue anaclitic depression in his monkeys, and it was the same.  It turns out, deprivation of any socializing that a monkey is used to at the time of seperation, also contributes to their depression.  He put surrogate raised female monkeys with experienced male monkeys to get the female pregnant, even though she has no intrest in sex.  Playing around as peers is necessary so they will mate as adults.  Some of these monkey mothers bit off their babies heads, feet, or fingers.  Others just ignored the babies, but eventually gave into frequent attempts from the infants to get what they wanted.  After the second round of babies, the monkey mothers actually did fairly adequate job.  It was again saddening for me to read, almost bringing tears.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #1093 on: January 30, 2008, 11:47:06 PM »
Did you know that Dumbledore was gay?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7053982.stm
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1094 on: January 31, 2008, 07:11:34 AM »
Did you know that Dumbledore was gay?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7053982.stm

Yes, I did.

That makes it more understandable that he could have overlooked disturbing things about Gellert Grindelwald's character, IMO.

Then there was the point that Dumbledore wrote Gellert notes and sent them by owl, even though they had just been together all day and were going to be together all day the next day too.  "This was your mistake at Durmstrang!  But I do not complain, because if you had not been expelled, we would never have met."

I think that the feelings must have been at least somewhat mutual, because Grindelwald died under torture from Voldemort without revealing that Dumbledore had taken the elder wand from him.