Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84810 times)

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #735 on: September 30, 2007, 05:00:47 PM »

These laws are mostly just dumb (especially in light of the fact that in some states people can/could be jailed for anal intercourse- uh, see a problem there?)

Actually, I don't. Much as I enjoy the act,
I don't see why it's any more difficult to
prosecute than other such laws.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #736 on: October 01, 2007, 05:23:53 PM »
Many things have happened that are really funny when I look back on them, but they did not seem so funny at the time they were happening.

The funniest one of that type that I can think of right now, is the lady who came up to our table in Wendy's to criticize my parenting abilities and she actually sat down with us.  She objected to me holding my daughter's wrists, which I was doing only because she had just hit someone, and I tried explaining this to the lady.  She kept on and on, so I eventually let go of my daughter's wrists and my daughter immediately chucked her chocolate Frosty at the lady's face.  The way the lady looked with Frosty dripping from her hair, down her face, onto her shirt was pretty comical, looking back on it even though I was mortified at the time.

That is priceless to bad you don't have a video.  How did the lady react?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #737 on: October 01, 2007, 06:11:01 PM »
Many things have happened that are really funny when I look back on them, but they did not seem so funny at the time they were happening.

The funniest one of that type that I can think of right now, is the lady who came up to our table in Wendy's to criticize my parenting abilities and she actually sat down with us.  She objected to me holding my daughter's wrists, which I was doing only because she had just hit someone, and I tried explaining this to the lady.  She kept on and on, so I eventually let go of my daughter's wrists and my daughter immediately chucked her chocolate Frosty at the lady's face.  The way the lady looked with Frosty dripping from her hair, down her face, onto her shirt was pretty comical, looking back on it even though I was mortified at the time.

She was actually pretty nice about it, all things considered.  My husband took our daughter to the car and I tried to help the lady with the chocolate Frosty face by giving her all the napkins from the table and I kept talking to her for another two or three minutes.  It turned out that she had two younger autistic brothers and she had been upset by her parents' discipline of them, which she considered too harsh.  She kept saying something about an action causing an equal but opposite reaction.  I explained that we used lots of positive discipline methods too, but I needed to hold our daughter's hands when she was out of control because otherwise she could do something that could get her into really bad trouble, like this.

Have you ever had strangers come up to you and critique your parenting techniques before?

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #738 on: October 01, 2007, 06:24:31 PM »

She was actually pretty nice about it, all things considered.  My husband took our daughter to the car and I tried to help the lady with the chocolate Frosty face by giving her all the napkins from the table and I kept talking to her for another two or three minutes.  It turned out that she had two younger autistic brothers and she had been upset by her parents' discipline of them, which she considered too harsh.  She kept saying something about an action causing an equal but opposite reaction.  I explained that we used lots of positive discipline methods too, but I needed to hold our daughter's hands when she was out of control because otherwise she could do something that could get her into really bad trouble, like this.

Have you ever had strangers come up to you and critique your parenting techniques before?

My wife has had these problems not only with our kids two of which as AS but works for a special ed school and has had problems in the community with them.  I myself at least from what my wife says have a very imposing appearance and rarely am a approached by people I've gotten looks though which are promptly returned and that's as far as it goes
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #739 on: October 01, 2007, 06:37:34 PM »
I guess I must look more approachable than my husband too.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #740 on: October 01, 2007, 07:41:41 PM »

That is an awesome story.

I had a guy call my kids brats once, but they kind of deserved it.
I never use cream in coffee, but my wife does. We, the four of us, were sitting in a Cracker Barrel restaurant, fairly late one night, and my son got the idea that he could partially open one of those little half ounce cream containers and it would make a good squirter. He was right. They both squirted each other and I stopped it as fast as I could, but this guy in the next booth made some snide comments to his party. I ignored it and thought it was over, but my son who was six at the time, loaded up and blasted the fucker, "I'm not a brat!" he said as he turned and sprayed this guy from eyeglasses to fancy shoes, all down his very fancy three-piece suit.

He stood up, so I stood up and said that it was an accident. He said, "What kind of accident do you call that?" and I said, "An unfortunate one." (The best I had at the moment) I had a biscuit in one hand and a butter knife in the other and he was acting like he wanted to back down, but glance/checked with his buddies and they were all snickering at the situation.

About that time my wife, who was stunned and speechless, let out a miserable, "NO!," but it was too late. My daughter, four at the time, nailed this guy in the chest and across his vest and crotch once again and said, "I'm no brat either!!"  He was really pissed, but I told him he could have my biscuit if he would let it go, trying to make light of it and his friends all busted out laughing.

He said I needed to control my kids and I said he needed to control his friends as they were making a disturbance. He finally smiled at my son, who was glaring at him, and shrugged. He said that he never had this trouble with his grandkids and I told him they were MY kids and that I was very sorry.

They were done, anyway, and we had just arrived, so they all left, with a little prompting and apologies from the manager, who had rushed over to find out why two of his patrons were facing off. I really didn't know what else to do or say to the guy, but that I was sorry.

Chldren were "grounded" and we did not go out again for a long time. Later that summer, after we had had a number of conversations about proper behavior in a public restaurant, I re-directed his instinctive understanding of fluid dynamics and made little water blasters out of those long, skinny, plastic frozen fruit pop containers. They were fine as long as they understood that they could use them in the pool or the back yard, but not inside the house and never pointed at anyone who was not ready to go for a swim!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #741 on: October 06, 2007, 07:40:29 AM »
This is for callaway or anyone:

How would I adblock an avatar (someone else's) on here?  I respect Kinder, gentler scrapheap's right to have a naked chick on his avatar but I'm getting a little tired of seeing it.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #742 on: October 06, 2007, 07:55:20 AM »

How would I adblock an avatar (someone else's) on here?  I respect Kinder, gentler scrapheap's right to have a naked chick on his avatar but I'm getting a little tired of seeing it.

Do you use Firefox?

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #743 on: October 06, 2007, 08:02:54 AM »
Is your husband really in Italy?

Yes.  He is taking care of some business in Vicenza, but tomorrow, he and a friend will rent a car and drive to Florence, then they will return to Vicenza Sunday evening to finish their business next week.

Did someone make him an offer he couldn't refuse?

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #744 on: October 06, 2007, 10:01:26 AM »

Do you use Firefox?

No, I.E.  So maybe I can't.  I'm not gonna die or go blind, but I hear people talk about adblocking like it's very easy so thought I'd ask.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #745 on: October 06, 2007, 10:19:50 AM »

Do you use Firefox?

No, I.E.  So maybe I can't.  I'm not gonna die or go blind, but I hear people talk about adblocking like it's very easy so thought I'd ask.

I don't know how to do it for I.E.  I hope that somebody else does.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #746 on: October 06, 2007, 10:20:16 AM »

Yes.  He is taking care of some business in Vicenza, but tomorrow, he and a friend will rent a car and drive to Florence, then they will return to Vicenza Sunday evening to finish their business next week.

Yes.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #747 on: October 06, 2007, 10:29:10 AM »

Yes.

:laugh:    (I'm sure you knew that was a Godfdather reference. Of course you did!)

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #748 on: October 06, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »
I have a hypnotic way to talk to people that gets them to bend at my will.

What is your favorite color?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #749 on: October 06, 2007, 01:25:52 PM »

Do you use Firefox?

I don't know how to do it for I.E.  I hope that somebody else does.

From the Adblock website:

Latest release

Adblock Plus 0.7.5.3
Minimal requirements: Firefox 1.5, Thunderbird 1.5, SeaMonkey 1.0, Flock 0.5, Songbird 0.2.

No mention of IE.

I can recommend Firefox, wholeheartedly.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.