Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84823 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #720 on: September 21, 2007, 06:17:56 PM »
Is there a way to set it so that certain threads
don't show up as having new postings?

There are some that I like to ignore, and
this would be useful.

No, not that I know of. 

If you want to ignore certain threads, you can read the ones you want to see, then mark all topics read.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #721 on: September 21, 2007, 06:23:32 PM »
Sure. I do that. Just was hoping that there
was a way to mark 'ignorable' as some threads
get a lot of action.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #722 on: September 21, 2007, 08:59:14 PM »
Is your husband really in Italy?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #723 on: September 21, 2007, 09:30:03 PM »
Is your husband really in Italy?

Yes.  He is taking care of some business in Vicenza, but tomorrow, he and a friend will rent a car and drive to Florence, then they will return to Vicenza Sunday evening to finish their business next week.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #724 on: September 21, 2007, 09:46:30 PM »
Thanks for the links. Old buildings! I love to see old buildings. Wonder why they are called buildings when they are already done, though.

Have you traveled overseas?

Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #725 on: September 22, 2007, 02:39:47 AM »
Thanks for the links. Old buildings! I love to see old buildings. Wonder why they are called buildings when they are already done, though.

Have you traveled overseas?

We saw a beautiful old building in Vicenza on television just a few days ago.  Then when they drove past it, he pointed it out to his host and he stopped and took him on a tour of it.

No, I haven't ever gone overseas.  I have been to several states in the US and I have visited Mexico but that's all.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #726 on: September 23, 2007, 12:40:07 AM »
No, I haven't ever gone overseas.  I have been to several states in the US and I have visited Mexico but that's all.
Would you like to visit other countries? If so, where would you like to go?

I would like to visit the US. I would probably like to meet people that I know from the internet.
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #727 on: September 23, 2007, 01:08:16 AM »

I would like to visit the US. I would probably like to meet people that I know from the internet.

I would like to visit other countries, but right now it is not practical for me to go because my daughter has school and it would be very hard for her to travel to another country.  It is pretty hard for her to travel to other states, actually.

Offline renaeden

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #728 on: September 23, 2007, 01:41:57 AM »

I would like to visit other countries, but right now it is not practical for me to go because my daughter has school and it would be very hard for her to travel to another country.  It is pretty hard for her to travel to other states, actually.
I think it is hard on children to do a lot of traveling because they need security and routine when growing up. I went on a few camps with school and did not enjoy myself. I started traveling when I was in my early twenties because I felt ready then. Maybe it will be the same for your daughter, when she feels ready, she will get the traveling bug.  :)
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #729 on: September 23, 2007, 09:43:35 PM »
i traveled with my mom as a kid and there was no stress. mom took care of everything. we went to Yugoslavia when i was 7 and we stayed for a coupla months in London when i was 3... no stress at all. now when i travel it's huge stress.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #730 on: September 29, 2007, 08:03:04 AM »
Until 1998, even a husband and wife who :69: could have been convicted of sodomy in Georgia.

Is there a web site that tells what consentual sex acts were/are illegal, where, and when?  Now I'm morbidly curious.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #731 on: September 29, 2007, 11:03:43 AM »
Until 1998, even a husband and wife who :69: could have been convicted of sodomy in Georgia.

Is there a web site that tells what consentual sex acts were/are illegal, where, and when?  Now I'm morbidly curious.

Here is an old website about US sodomy laws by state, compiled on January 28, 1998, which is before Georgia repealed its sodomy laws:

http://www.sodomy.org/laws/

Here is the more current sosomy law for Massachusetts, in case you are interested:

MASSACHUSETTS
F 272-34, Crime Against Nature, 20 years. F 272-35, Unnatural and Lascivious Acts, 5 years/$100-$1000. Crime Against Nature applies only to anal intercourse. Unnatural and Lascivious Acts has been held not apply to private consensual adult behavior. Commonwealth v. Balthazar, Supreme Judicial Court 1974. It has been suggested that such a ruling would apply to Crime Against Nature.

Here is where you can find some more up-to-date articles:

http://www.aclu.org/search/search_wrap.html?account=436ac9516921&q=sodomy&imageField.x=19&imageField.y=3

For example, this article is from the ACLU website:   

Why Sodomy Laws Matter (6/26/2003)

http://www.aclu.org/lgbt/crimjustice/11896res20030626.html

A short excerpt:

How the Laws Were Used Traditionally

Today's decision in Lawrence v. Texas arises in one of a mere handful of cases since the American revolution involving two adults - straight or gay - actually prosecuted for being intimate in private. For most of the 19th and 20th centuries, sodomy laws were used as secondary charges in cases of sexual assault, sex with children, public sex and sex with animals. Most of those cases involved heterosexual sex.

Originally, sodomy laws were part of a larger body of law - derived from church law - designed to prevent nonprocreative sexuality anywhere, and any sexuality outside of marriage.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #732 on: September 29, 2007, 11:09:08 AM »
I saw that, you got my attention.  I try and remember to read answers.  I sense it, if its sex, I sense it. :laugh:

What is your favorite color?

What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #733 on: September 29, 2007, 11:39:48 AM »
I saw that, you got my attention.  I try and remember to read answers.  I sense it, if its sex, I sense it. :laugh:

What is your favorite color?

What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?

My favorite color is blue.

Many things have happened that are really funny when I look back on them, but they did not seem so funny at the time they were happening.

The funniest one of that type that I can think of right now, is the lady who came up to our table in Wendy's to criticize my parenting abilities and she actually sat down with us.  She objected to me holding my daughter's wrists, which I was doing only because she had just hit someone, and I tried explaining this to the lady.  She kept on and on, so I eventually let go of my daughter's wrists and my daughter immediately chucked her chocolate Frosty at the lady's face.  The way the lady looked with Frosty dripping from her hair, down her face, onto her shirt was pretty comical, looking back on it even though I was mortified at the time.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #734 on: September 30, 2007, 07:55:33 AM »
Here is an old website about US sodomy laws by state, compiled on January 28, 1998, which is before Georgia repealed its sodomy laws:

http://www.sodomy.org/laws/

Here is the more current sosomy law for Massachusetts, in case you are interested:

MASSACHUSETTS
F 272-34, Crime Against Nature, 20 years. F 272-35, Unnatural and Lascivious Acts, 5 years/$100-$1000. Crime Against Nature applies only to anal intercourse. Unnatural and Lascivious Acts has been held not apply to private consensual adult behavior. Commonwealth v. Balthazar, Supreme Judicial Court 1974. It has been suggested that such a ruling would apply to Crime Against Nature.

Here is where you can find some more up-to-date articles:

http://www.aclu.org/search/search_wrap.html?account=436ac9516921&q=sodomy&imageField.x=19&imageField.y=3

For example, this article is from the ACLU website:   

Why Sodomy Laws Matter (6/26/2003)

http://www.aclu.org/lgbt/crimjustice/11896res20030626.html

A short excerpt:

How the Laws Were Used Traditionally

Today's decision in Lawrence v. Texas arises in one of a mere handful of cases since the American revolution involving two adults - straight or gay - actually prosecuted for being intimate in private. For most of the 19th and 20th centuries, sodomy laws were used as secondary charges in cases of sexual assault, sex with children, public sex and sex with animals. Most of those cases involved heterosexual sex.

Originally, sodomy laws were part of a larger body of law - derived from church law - designed to prevent nonprocreative sexuality anywhere, and any sexuality outside of marriage.

Thanks for satisfying my morbid curiousity.  :laugh:

These laws are mostly just dumb (especially in light of the fact that in some states people can/could be jailed for anal intercourse- uh, see a problem there?) but the Virginia "marital-rape-doesn't-exist" law is sick.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.