Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84814 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #675 on: August 26, 2007, 07:16:24 PM »
i like omega dispite our history together.   you will find that i am a very forgiving person.

ascan, on the other hand, is a certifiable cunt.
Ive met him on WP. He is a little too thatcherite for my liking.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #676 on: August 26, 2007, 07:18:24 PM »
i like omega dispite our history together.   you will find that i am a very forgiving person.

he is just....nasty.
or, dispicable.
Misunderstood.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #677 on: August 26, 2007, 07:24:46 PM »

he is just....nasty.
or, dispicable.
As are many NT's I see around on occasion...

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #678 on: August 26, 2007, 07:25:27 PM »

he is just....nasty.
or, dispicable.
As are many NT's I see around on occasion...
i think he is NPD.
Misunderstood.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #679 on: August 26, 2007, 07:49:39 PM »
Do you like any kid shows? Do you watch any?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #680 on: August 26, 2007, 08:22:39 PM »
Do you like any kid shows? Do you watch any?

I watch several with my daughter.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #681 on: August 26, 2007, 08:29:41 PM »
i like spongebob²pants, do you?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #682 on: August 26, 2007, 08:33:22 PM »
i like spongebob²pants, do you?

Yes, we have one of the Spongebob Squarepants movies on DVD and we watch it in the car while we drive to school.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #683 on: August 26, 2007, 10:19:31 PM »
My last boyfriend had a problem with me watching cartoons like Spongebob and little kids shows like Arthur, Clifford the Big Red Dog and he got on my back about adult aspies do not watch kids shows but they watch shows and cartoons for teens and grownups and he thought the reason why I watched little kid shows was because that was where my developmental level was at  :laugh: and he thinks all PDD-NOS's are below their age level so they watch that stuff. He says only grownups would watch kid shows with their kids, not by themselves.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 02:33:03 PM by Spokane Girl »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #684 on: August 26, 2007, 10:35:34 PM »
My last boyfriend had a problem with me watching cartoons like Spongebob and little kids shows like Arthur, Clifford the Big Red Dog and he got on ym back about adult aspies do not watch kids shows but they watch shows and cartoons for teens and grownups and he thought the reason why I watched little kid shows was because that was where my developmental level was at  :laugh: and he thinks all PDD-NOS's are below their age level so they watch that stuff. He says only grownups would watch kid shows with their kids, not by themselves.

I can't help you there, because I may be below my "age level" as defined by your ex.   ::)

Harry Potter books are supposed to be for kids, but I love them.  I love all the Harry Potter movies too. 

I watch some of the kid shows even if my daughter is not in the room.  Some of them are very educational. 

I think it is more important to just be yourself and not let someone with whom you are having a relationship make you over into someone else.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #685 on: August 26, 2007, 11:34:37 PM »
And my ex liked Harry Potter too but it's for everyone because I've seen grown ups read the books. He got on my back about me reading The baby-Sitters Club and thought I was below the level. I told him i read them because I enjoy the stories and I have read adult books too like Jurassic Park, The Lost World, books on aspergers autism, books on murder and crime but he wouldn't listen or didn't want to even accept it because he asked me "But did you comprehend what you've read" and I said "yeah, they were pretty concrete" but the funny thing is he can't comprehend what he reads either  :laugh: because he can't create a picture in his head and he says the fictional stories are abstract because he can't create a picture and I told him I create pictures in my head I've already seen and the characters in the book are people I have seen on TV or in movies or I seen in real life. Who is below now? Boy I wish I could tell that to his face. Why didn't I think of it before when we were together. Also he has some dyslexia so reading is harder for him too and his spelling is bad I have pointed out spelling errors to him so he can fix it. I should have given him a taste of his own medicine by telling him he is below too. I did give him a taste of his own medicine about other stuff but guess what he called it. He said I was playing a game. I guess he didn’t like me proving him wrong so he called it a game. I think he called everything a game whenever something happened he didn’t like just like my first boyfriend called everything retarded every time he didn’t like something such as “it’s retarded you have to pay to live” “it’s retarded you have to work to live” “it’s retarded you have to pay to eat.”

« Last Edit: September 11, 2007, 02:32:20 PM by Spokane Girl »

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #686 on: August 26, 2007, 11:47:09 PM »
I'm not sure that your ex was an ass, but he seemed to put you down a lot.

I make pictures in my mind too and it took me quite a while to realize that not everyone could.  My husband is dyslexic and he can't spell well and I decided to try to teach him because I am a really good speller.  I showed him a word spelled correctly and said, just picture it in your mind this way.  I found out that he can't.  He can sort of picture other things though.  For example, he can read Kanji pretty well, so he must be picturing it.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #687 on: August 27, 2007, 12:24:08 AM »
I used to love Babysitter's Club books. I read over 100 of them as a kid.  :-[

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #688 on: August 27, 2007, 01:58:49 AM »
I showed him a word spelled correctly and said, just picture it in your mind this way.
That is how I do it too! I never realised. Maybe that is why I am a good speller as well. I do not have a photographic memory but I see words in my head. I am glad and feel lucky to be clever at this.

It is a pity you have only seen the Steve Irwin tv show. His accent is completely different to mine.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #689 on: August 27, 2007, 02:17:31 AM »
i don't have crystal clear images or nuttin but i can create pictures and landscapes and stuff. how can someone read a book without that ability? how can they even function? i don't get it. do they even dream?

i see words in my head too, if i think of the word and want to see it. i think it's kind of impossible not to see it in some weird way. i mean it's like thinking about a person, you see their face on some level.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2007, 02:19:53 AM by Pennywise »
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: