Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 85591 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #570 on: August 05, 2007, 10:42:50 AM »
that seems like a reasonable answer.  but, they are only about two feet wide each.

why is it illegal to ride a bike in a crosswalk?

In some states, bikes may be ridden in a crosswalk, providing they are traveling at a pedestrian speed.

In California law, if you are riding a bicycle, you are considered to be the operator of a vehicle.  If you dismount and walk this bike through a crosswalk, you are a pedestrian.

If you are riding a big tricycle in California, you are considered a pedestrian and may ride in a crosswalk. 

I think that this may be because some people with disabilities tend to ride those big tricycles.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #571 on: August 05, 2007, 10:57:35 AM »
I remember this happening in a science class:

One clear liquid was poured into a test tube of another clear liquid. Mixed together, they turned a bright milky yellow. I was fascinated by how vivid the colour was.

Do you know what the two chemicals might have been?

My thousanth post. A science one!
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #572 on: August 05, 2007, 11:32:36 AM »

One clear liquid was poured into a test tube of another clear liquid. Mixed together, they turned a bright milky yellow. I was fascinated by how vivid the colour was.

I have an ammonia test kit for my aquarium that mixes a few drops of a Nessler's reagent solution with a measured amount of aquarium water and it turns yellow if ammonia is present in the water.  It is sensitive to parts per million of ammonia and it turns brighter yellow with higher concentrations of ammonia. 

Your two clear liquids could have been water with Nessler's reagent (mercuric potassium iodide) and water with ammonia. If the concentration of ammonia was too high, there would have been a brownish precipitate in the bottom of the test tube after it settled out of solution, but while it was suspended, it could have turned the solution milky.

I also have a test kit to measure chlorine levels in my daughter's swimming pool that uses a chemical called Orthotolidine, which turns bright yellow if there is enough chlorine in the water.

So your two clear liquids in test tubes could also have been an solution of Orthotolidine in water and a solution of dissolved chlorine in water.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 11:35:45 AM by Callaway »

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #573 on: August 05, 2007, 05:49:37 PM »
question removed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2007, 06:17:40 PM by calandale »

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #574 on: August 05, 2007, 06:12:29 PM »
How big is your aquarium?  Salt or fresh water?

I've always loved aquariums.  I had a freshwater one for many years.  I want to step up to a salt water one when I can afford it.
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #575 on: August 05, 2007, 06:20:05 PM »
How big is your aquarium?  Salt or fresh water?

I've always loved aquariums.  I had a freshwater one for many years.  I want to step up to a salt water one when I can afford it.

It is just a small freshwater one, twenty gallons.  All it has in it are two Comet goldfish.  We were down to one six inch Comet we grew from a feeder goldfish, when one jumped out of the water and wound up dying, so we bought another one, "so the one left would not be too lonely."

Saltwater aquaria are beautiful, but very tricky to keep balanced.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #576 on: August 07, 2007, 06:12:21 AM »

OJ and napalm. :P

congrats!
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #577 on: August 07, 2007, 06:46:00 AM »
OJ Simpson?
Misunderstood.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #578 on: August 07, 2007, 01:31:52 PM »
I don't feel like looking it up, but since this  a questions thread, I will ask you.

Is the noun, dimericmacrocyclicellagitannin longer that that anti.. don't feel like putting the rest?

Is is the main component in plobrium agustifolia, used for prostate diease.  I think I spelled that scientific name wrong.  Well, that word is classifcation for, oenin B.  Fuck should go review that shit.  I always seem to wake up with in a piss mood, so maybe I should meditate before I study so I can remember this shit better.  I did come across the reason I was missing whole words.  When your adrenal glands are exhausted from stress, you might start searching for words.  It got really bad in high school algebra where I would mess up simple math.  I think algebra, especially that slow fuckn class is simple. Lucky me, everything is so easy to deal with.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 01:35:21 PM by AllDayGlowRandy »
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #579 on: August 07, 2007, 01:42:41 PM »
I don't feel like looking it up, but since this  a questions thread, I will ask you.

Is the noun, dimericmacrocyclicellagitannin longer that that anti.. don't feel like putting the rest?

Is is the main component in plobrium agustifolia, used for prostate diease.  I think I spelled that scientific name wrong.  Well, that word is classifcation for, oenin B.  Fuck should go review that shit.  I always seem to wake up with in a piss mood, so maybe I should meditate before I study so I can remember this shit better.  I did come across the reason I was missing whole words.  When your adrenal glands are exhausted from stress, you might start searching for words.  It got really bad in high school algebra where I would mess up simple math.  I think algebra, especially that slow fuckn class is simple. Lucky me, everything is so easy to deal with.

Is the word you are thinking of antidisestablishmentarianism?  If so, the name dimericmacrocyclicellagitannin is longer.  There are some even longer chemical names, though, like:

methionylglutaminylarginyltyrosylglutamylserylleucyl phenylalanylalanylglutaminylleucyllysylglutamylarginyl lysylglutamylglycylalanylphenylalanylvalylprolylphenyl alanylvalylthreonylleucylglycylaspartylprolylglycylisol eucylglutamylglutaminylserylleucyllysylisoleucylaspartyl threonylleucylisoleucylglutamylalanylglycylalanylaspartyl alanylleucylglutamylleucylglycylisoleucylprolylphenyl alanylserylaspartylprolylleucylalanylaspartylglycylprolyl threonylisoleucylglutaminylasparaginylalanylthreonylleucyl arginylalanylphenylalanylalanylalanylglycylvalylthreonyl prolylalanylglutaminylcysteinylphenylalanylglutamyl methionylleucylalanylleucylisoleucylarginylglutaminyllysyl histidylprolylthreonylisoleucylprolylisoleucylglycylleucyl leucylmethionyltyrosylalanylasparaginylleucylvalylphenyl alanylasparaginyllysylglycylisoleucylaspartylglutamylphenyl alanyltyrosylalanylglutaminylcysteinylglutamyllysylvalyl glycylvalylaspartylserylvalylleucylvalylalanylaspartylvalyl prolylvalylglutaminylglutamylserylalanylprolylphenylalanyl arginylglutaminylalanylalanylleucylarginylhistidylasparaginyl valylalanylprolylisoleucylphenylalanylisoleucylcysteinyl prolylprolylaspartylalanylaspartylaspartylaspartylleucyl leucylarginylglutaminylisoleucylalanylseryltyrosylglycyl arginylglycyltyrosylthreonyltyrosylleucylleucylserylarginyl alanylglycylvalylthreonylglycylalanylglutamylasparaginyl arginylalanylalanylleucylprolylleucylasparaginylhistidyl leucylvalylalanyllysylleucyllysylglutamyltyrosylasparaginyl alanylalanylprolylprolylleucylglutaminylglycylphenylalanyl glycylisoleucylserylalanylprolylaspartylglutaminylvalyllysyl alanylalanylisoleucylaspartylalanylglycylalanylalanylglycyl alanylisoleucylserylglycylserylalanylisoleucylvalyllysylisol eucylisoleucylglutamylglutaminylhistidylasparaginylisoleucyl glutamylprolylglutamyllysylmethionylleucylalanylalanylleucyl lysylvalylphenylalanylvalylglutaminylprolylmethionyllysyl alanylalanylthreonylarginylserine.

This is the full chemical name.  It has 1913 letters.

Offline Randy

• Fairy Self Actualizing Healer
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Picture of the person who changed my avitar
« Reply #580 on: August 07, 2007, 01:44:30 PM »
What the fuck would I want to do with that, play jenga?
Biggest bullshitter on the web, the person who is says that is a jealous wanker who needs some personal devolpement.

Spread your legs woman!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #581 on: August 07, 2007, 01:48:08 PM »
What the fuck would I want to do with that, play jenga?

You asked me a question and I answered it.   :P

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #582 on: August 07, 2007, 01:55:31 PM »
Indeed there are longer. I posted one early in my
tenure here. It took up several screens. I don't think
I'll quote it again.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #583 on: August 07, 2007, 01:57:16 PM »
Indeed there are longer. I posted one early in my
tenure here. It took up several screens. I don't think
I'll quote it again.

Thank you.

8)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #584 on: August 07, 2007, 02:23:32 PM »
augustophobia = fear of the month of august
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: