Educational

Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84816 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #315 on: June 16, 2007, 03:53:34 PM »
We let our son "do the dishes" when we were in the mood. The kitchen was soaked afterwards, but he got a little sister, in the end. :laugh:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #316 on: June 16, 2007, 03:55:20 PM »
is your wife swedish?
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #317 on: June 16, 2007, 03:56:22 PM »
Yes, she is.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #318 on: June 16, 2007, 03:57:42 PM »
We let our son "do the dishes" when we were in the mood. The kitchen was soaked afterwards, but he got a little sister, in the end. :laugh:
:plus:
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #319 on: June 16, 2007, 07:44:18 PM »
So Callaway...have you been put in the unfortunate position of explaining a "Mummy's having a Special Cuddle with Daddy"?  :laugh:

Sort of.  There was a time one morning when our daughter was still asleep and we locked the door, but in our haste we did not quite close it properly.  She woke up and walked in on us.  Fortunately she did not see anything too obvious.  I still was wearing my nightgown, so it looked mostly like I was just sitting on top of Daddy.  I said, "Good morning.  Have you been potty?  Go potty then."
Thanks Callaway, I thought after I posted it you might not answer! 

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #320 on: June 16, 2007, 07:46:20 PM »
So Callaway...have you been put in the unfortunate position of explaining a "Mummy's having a Special Cuddle with Daddy"?  :laugh:

Sort of.  There was a time one morning when our daughter was still asleep and we locked the door, but in our haste we did not quite close it properly.  She woke up and walked in on us.  Fortunately she did not see anything too obvious.  I still was wearing my nightgown, so it looked mostly like I was just sitting on top of Daddy.  I said, "Good morning.  Have you been potty?  Go potty then."

Have you ever been in that sort of situation at all?

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #321 on: June 16, 2007, 07:59:08 PM »
congratulations on your semi permanent role.  you are the best.

when are you planning on opening up the administration forum for the viewing pleasure of the WC?
Misunderstood.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #322 on: June 16, 2007, 08:00:38 PM »

Have you ever been in that sort of situation at all?
No, but my friends joke about it.  Especially the good Catholic ones!

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #323 on: June 16, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »

when are you planning on opening up the administration forum for the viewing pleasure of the WC?

Thanks, but I don't think the election is over yet.

We are working on it.  As you know, there are quite a lot of posts there and we don't want to inadvertently violate anyone's confidentiality.

Maybe moving the threads one at a time is the better approach instead of opening the whole forum all at once.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #324 on: June 16, 2007, 08:11:45 PM »

We are working on it.  As you know, there are quite a lot of posts there and we don't want to inadvertently violate anyone's confidentiality.

Maybe moving the threads one at a time is the better approach instead of opening the whole forum all at once.
do you think that that would be a better approach?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #325 on: June 16, 2007, 08:52:46 PM »

I do.  I have gone through lots of threads that I could move, but I can't be sure about the ones I have not checked yet.

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #326 on: June 16, 2007, 08:54:50 PM »
Thank you for disillusioning me.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #327 on: June 16, 2007, 08:55:25 PM »

I do.  I have gone through lots of threads that I could move, but I can't be sure about the ones I have not checked yet.
just leave some of the semi juicy stuff there.
remember, anything that i said privately i am willing to accept what others say about it publicly.  so there is no need to protect me.
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #328 on: June 17, 2007, 01:25:27 AM »
I saw a movie called John Q with Denzel Washington where he planned to do that for his son who needed a heart, but he did not have to in the end.  He knew he was an appropriate tissue type match for his son, so he planned to kill himself so the heart transplant surgeon could use his heart for his son.

Here is a blurb for it:

There is probably no stronger love than that felt between a parent and a small child. In John Q, this is explored through a father's desperate attempt to get a heart transplant for his dying son. When he and his wife discover that their insurance will not cover such a costly procedure he grows more and more frustrated until finally he does the only thing he has left to do. He takes over the emergency room, holding several patients, interns and a doctor hostage, demanding that his son is placed on the heart donor list.

That is what my daughter's medical bills were, $250,000.  Thank goodness we had health insurance that covered her, even though it was a HMO which kept sending her home from the hospital to die.
Does she still have those problems?

Hope that you don't mind that I answer here instead of on the suicide thread, Eclair.  I can get kind of long-winded sometimes.

My daughter was born with a large Ventricular Septal Defect.  That is a hole in the heart that is located between the main pumping stations, the ventricles.  It caused excessive blood to flood her lungs, while not enough was being pumped to her body.  Her heart could not keep up with all this extra work, so she went into congestive heart failure when she was just a few days old.  We tried Digitalis and first Aldactazide and then Lasix.  She was losing weight while her liver swelled and she was struggling to breathe enough to keep all the blood in her lungs oxygenated.  We tried switching from feeding her breast milk to feeding her expressed milk from a bottle, then we tried adding more calories to it, then we used a feeding pump at night.  Nothing helped.  She had open heart surgery when she was just three weeks old to fix this VSD, as well as a couple of other heart defects she was born with, a PDA and a PFO.  Then she nearly died and had to go on ECMO for almost a week.  ECMO stands for Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation.  It is a sort of heart-lung machine.

Her heart issues are pretty much fixed now, except she has a heart block, which is a conduction abnormality that shows up on a Electrocardiogram.  Also her lungs were affected by the excess blood flow for those three weeks, so she has a slight murmur.  She still has other medical issues that will need to be addressed in the future.

Offline Eclair

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #329 on: June 17, 2007, 01:34:09 AM »
I saw a movie called John Q with Denzel Washington where he planned to do that for his son who needed a heart, but he did not have to in the end.  He knew he was an appropriate tissue type match for his son, so he planned to kill himself so the heart transplant surgeon could use his heart for his son.

Here is a blurb for it:

There is probably no stronger love than that felt between a parent and a small child. In John Q, this is explored through a father's desperate attempt to get a heart transplant for his dying son. When he and his wife discover that their insurance will not cover such a costly procedure he grows more and more frustrated until finally he does the only thing he has left to do. He takes over the emergency room, holding several patients, interns and a doctor hostage, demanding that his son is placed on the heart donor list.

That is what my daughter's medical bills were, $250,000.  Thank goodness we had health insurance that covered her, even though it was a HMO which kept sending her home from the hospital to die.
Does she still have those problems?

Hope that you don't mind that I answer here instead of on the suicide thread, Eclair.  I can get kind of long-winded sometimes.

My daughter was born with a large Ventricular Septal Defect.  That is a hole in the heart that is located between the main pumping stations, the ventricles.  It caused excessive blood to flood her lungs, while not enough was being pumped to her body.  Her heart could not keep up with all this extra work, so she went into congestive heart failure when she was just a few days old.  We tried Digitalis and first Aldactazide and then Lasix.  She was losing weight while her liver swelled and she was struggling to breathe enough to keep all the blood in her lungs oxygenated.  We tried switching from feeding her breast milk to feeding her expressed milk from a bottle, then we tried adding more calories to it, then we used a feeding pump at night.  Nothing helped.  She had open heart surgery when she was just three weeks old to fix this VSD, as well as a couple of other heart defects she was born with, a PDA and a PFO.  Then she nearly died and had to go on ECMO for almost a week.  ECMO stands for Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation.  It is a sort of heart-lung machine.

Her heart issues are pretty much fixed now, except she has a heart block, which is a conduction abnormality that shows up on a Electrocardiogram.  Also her lungs were affected by the excess blood flow for those three weeks, so she has a slight murmur.  She still has other medical issues that will need to be addressed in the future.
Thanks, yes, I clicked the post button and then realised I wasn't in your thread!