Author Topic: Questions for Callaway  (Read 84812 times)

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Questions for Callaway
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2007, 05:47:06 PM »
when you were younger, what did you want to be when you grew up?

A chemical engineer or an English teacher.

I quickly learned that I did not want to be an English teacher when I took honors English in college.

:laugh:

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2007, 05:48:51 PM »
why did you want to become a chemical engineer?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2007, 06:02:08 PM »
Because I thought that I would be good at it.  My best subjects were math and science, including chemistry, and English before I went to college.

Why I ever thought I would be a good English teacher, I have no idea, but I always got straight A's in English, math and all the science classes I ever took and I particularly enjoyed chemistry, so I thought chemical engineering would make good use of my talents.  That is why I majored in chemical engineering. 

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2007, 06:03:18 PM »
excuse me for being dense, but, what does a chemical engineer do?

do they make cleaning supplies?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
excuse me for being dense, but, what does a chemical engineer do?

do they make cleaning supplies?

They could work for a company that makes cleaning supplies, like Dow Chemicals.

They could work for any manufacturer of chemicals, to design a process to manufacture the chemicals on a large scale.

They could work for any company that uses chemical processes, like a paper or plastics manufacturer, for example, or an oil refinery.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2007, 06:17:37 PM »
ok.

switching gears:

i have noticed that you usually have a swift response to mention of the female cycle.

do you suffer with severe cramps?
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2007, 06:33:42 PM »
ok.

switching gears:

i have noticed that you usually have a swift response to mention of the female cycle.

do you suffer with severe cramps?

Yes, I have endometriosis, so I get really bad cramps.  I take Ponstel for them now, so they aren't as bad as they used to be when I took other things like Equagesic, which did not really help the cramps much at all and just made me goofy.  Even fairly strong pain medication did not really help that much, but Ponstel does.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2007, 06:38:22 PM »
so i now understand that the subject is personal for you.

i cannot guarantee that i won't make light of the subject again.  but i will try to be more respectful in the future.  because you have certainly earned my respect over the last year.  :)
Misunderstood.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2007, 06:51:37 PM »

i cannot guarantee that i won't make light of the subject again.  but i will try to be more respectful in the future.  because you have certainly earned my respect over the last year.  :)

Thanks. 

Before I had my daughter, I had some large ovarian cysts, one of which ruptured, so the doctor put me on fairly strong birth control pills to stop me from ovulating.  I could not believe the feelings of rage that overwhelmed me over relatively minor things, like when someone cut me off in traffic, for example.  I wonder if women who have really bad PMS feel like I felt on those birth control pills.

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »

Thanks. 

Before I had my daughter, I had some large ovarian cysts, one of which ruptured, so the doctor put me on fairly strong birth control pills to stop me from ovulating.  I could not believe the feelings of rage that overwhelmed me over relatively minor things, like when someone cut me off in traffic, for example.  I wonder if women who have really bad PMS feel like I felt on those birth control pills.
Yes, they do - I have tried several times to take the pill and it is like I have a complete personality transplant. 

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2007, 07:01:05 PM »
I guess we all have different experiences on the pill, for the short time I could take it I was over the moon with it- no painful cramps, no PMS to speak off at all.  It wasn't worth the pay off though :\

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2007, 07:03:04 PM »

Thanks. 

Yes, they do - I have tried several times to take the pill and it is like I have a complete personality transplant. 

I told the doctor about the problem, but he explained that the birth control pills were the best option for me at the time, because I wanted to preserve my ability to have a baby, but I was in no position to get pregnant right then and I wouldn't have been able to anyway.  I and everyone else around me suffered through my insane hormones and I tried my best to keep control of my actions.  It was so nice to be able to stop taking the pill when I wanted to have my daughter.

Offline Callaway

• Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2007, 07:03:59 PM »
I guess we all have different experiences on the pill, for the short time I could take it I was over the moon with it- no painful cramps, no PMS to speak off at all.  It wasn't worth the pay off though :\

What happened?  Why wasn't it worth the payoff?

Offline Eclair

• Official Treat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2007, 07:05:43 PM »

Thanks. 

I told the doctor about the problem, but he explained that the birth control pills were the best option for me at the time, because I wanted to preserve my ability to have a baby, but I was in no position to get pregnant right then and I wouldn't have been able to anyway.  I and everyone else around me suffered through my insane hormones and I tried my best to keep control of my actions.  It was so nice to be able to stop taking the pill when I wanted to have my daughter.
The pill definitely wasn't even worth all the crap for me.  I fell pregnant on it also....which is amazing that anyone would have had sex with such a mean vicious bitch at the time!

purposefulinsanity

« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2007, 07:08:10 PM »

What happened?  Why wasn't it worth the payoff?

I enjoyed not having cramps etc. The payoff though= a blood clot- 1 week in intensive care, 1 week on a general ward, 6 months on warfarin with regular blood tests and finally having to inject myself with heparin everyday for the last 6 weeks of each of my pregnancies and 6 weeks postnatally.