Educational

Author Topic: Nanny State beer!  (Read 222 times)

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
Nanny State beer!
« on: October 04, 2009, 11:21:29 AM »
This made my fucking day:

BrewDog responds to Tokyo* witch hunt with new beer – 1.1% Nanny State …

BrewDog, the UK's hardcore craft brewer, has launched a 1.1% beer called Nanny State in direct response to the outcry caused last month after launching Tokyo*, the UK’s strongest beer at 18.2% ABV.

The brewery has come under fire from Members of the Scottish Parliament and the Portman Group – who have both commenced official movements to ban the sale of Tokyo* in the UK and  BrewDog want to get their point across the way they know best – beer.

Through Nanny State, the founders of BrewDog, James Watt and Martin Dickie want to prove they’re committed to making the highest quality hand crafted ales full of flavour with contemporary innovative twists – no matter what the ABV.

BrewDog founder James Watt has written on his blog: “Anyone who knows BrewDog, knows beer, or anyone has more common sense than a common (or garden) gnome will know that the scathing and unrelenting criticism we faced was pretty unjustified.

“If logic serves the same people who witch-hunted and publicly slated us should now offer us heartfelt support and public congratulations. However I fear that this, unfortunately, is an arena devoid of logic and reason.”

Nanny State is mild imperial ale containing more hops per barrel than any other beer ever brewed in the UK. It is an extraordinary little ale jammed full of all the brewer’s favorite hops giving it as much body and mouthy feel as possible, ensuring that low strength does not translate into reduced flavour.

Nanny State, takes the low ABV hop-bomb concept to the next level and is so low in alcohol it is below the legal classification of beer and not strong enough to be subject to beer duty. We believe we have created a new beer category - The Imperial Mild - with Nanny State and How to Disappear Completely.

However Alcohol Aware again branded BrewDog 'deluded'. Jack Law, chief executive of Alcohol Focus Scotland, said of the new Nanny State beer: "the name of the beer proves that once again this company is failing to acknowledge the seriousness of the alcohol problem facing Scotland."

I guess you really just can't win with some people.

Nanny State is available now in limited quantities online at www.brewdog.com in cask and bottles for £2.49.

You can buy some here: http://www.brewdog.com/product.php?id=35

Good on Brew Dog for taking the piss with the Mary Whitehouses!
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline ASpHole

• Uncle Hardcore Meat from The Mothers of Invasion
  • Elder
  • Intense Poster
  • Econoclass Iconoclast
Re: Nanny State beer!
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 11:46:36 AM »

I think instead that the Scots parliament is solidly in the hands of the powers that be at Buckfast Abbey, which is why they're opposed to the sale of Tokyo.
"When there's no 'there' to get to, we're so there!"