Educational

Author Topic: stereotype dependency  (Read 2562 times)

The_Chosen_One

Re: stereotype dependency
« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2009, 06:40:04 PM »
I think in benjina's case, the wheel's turning but the hamster is dead.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #61 on: October 02, 2009, 12:04:49 AM »
Stereotypes, heh! This reminds me of when Violet Yoshi/Panini Chowder joined up on ZOMG after getting arseholed from WP. She immediately jumped in with a lot of "What's up with all the fat hate here? :grrr:" rhetoric, which I found kind of amusing. I replied something along the lines of, "Don't assume an automatic dislike, on this site, for persons of size unless someone explicitly states: 'I hate all fat people because they are fat.'" Naturally enough, a couple people replied instantly to assert that very thing, one of them saying, "And I myself am fat," which was even funnier. Did you ever lob into that thread yourself, Soph? I know you detest fatties and Christians on principle, but can't remember whether you got involved in that discussion or not. :zoinks:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #62 on: October 02, 2009, 12:37:11 AM »
When was that?

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #63 on: October 02, 2009, 12:50:48 AM »
Can't really remember. Names stay with me, but not calendar dates or sequences of events. Search on PaniniChowder's posts and you'll spot it fairly quickly; she didn't hang around too long.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #64 on: October 02, 2009, 12:53:54 AM »
She sent me PMs about that, saying I SHOULD be offended and that the'yre bullies or something along the lines of that. Can't be arsed to log onto ZOMG to check.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #65 on: October 02, 2009, 01:03:26 AM »
She sent me PMs about that, saying I SHOULD be offended and that the'yre bullies or something along the lines of that. Can't be arsed to log onto ZOMG to check.

Oh god I hate those type of people. Basically fanatical PC faggots who feel the need to interfere with everyone's lives like dictators. If anything people need to learn to NOT be offended by everything said, and realize that's just how the world is. I know I have over time and I'm grateful for it.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #66 on: October 02, 2009, 01:11:53 AM »
Can't really remember. Names stay with me, but not calendar dates or sequences of events. Search on PaniniChowder's posts and you'll spot it fairly quickly; she didn't hang around too long.

Now I can see why I would have missed that. I was either in Melbourne at mum's, or playing around with my drums.

(shit, I'm a poet and don't know it)

Anyway, I didn't get online at all back then.

Offline Untermensch

• Galactic Dictator
  • Constant Poster
  • Sub-human scum
« Reply #67 on: October 02, 2009, 01:26:16 AM »
Stereotypes, heh! This reminds me of when Violet Yoshi/Panini Chowder joined up on ZOMG after getting arseholed from WP. She immediately jumped in with a lot of "What's up with all the fat hate here? :grrr:" rhetoric, which I found kind of amusing. I replied something along the lines of, "Don't assume an automatic dislike, on this site, for persons of size unless someone explicitly states: 'I hate all fat people because they are fat.'" Naturally enough, a couple people replied instantly to assert that very thing, one of them saying, "And I myself am fat," which was even funnier. Did you ever lob into that thread yourself, Soph? I know you detest fatties and Christians on principle, but can't remember whether you got involved in that discussion or not. :zoinks:

I can confirm Violet Yoshi's personality, she comes on the #wrongplanet chatroom on the freenode network a fair bit.
We are all atheists about most of the gods that societies have ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further.
-- Richard Dawkins

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2009, 06:20:13 AM »

Now I can see why I would have missed that. I was either in Melbourne at mum's, or playing around with my drums.

Do you still live with your Mum?
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2009, 11:33:53 AM »

Do you still live with your Mum?

Do you?

And do you still babysit her?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2009, 04:59:28 PM »
Lol, I bet your mother sits around rocking back and forth all day, still traumatized about having you as a child.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2009, 09:19:26 PM »
Lol, My mother sits around rocking back and forth all day, still traumatized about having me as a child.

:violin:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2009, 07:00:43 AM »
Your immaturity is pretty lame

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2009, 11:25:01 AM »
My immaturity is pretty lame along with the rest of my family

:violin:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2009, 11:32:41 AM »
Aww, Tco is trying to copy Elle, how pathetically sweet.  :hahaha: