Author Topic: The Media and Tiger Woods  (Read 390 times)

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
The Media and Tiger Woods
« on: March 03, 2010, 10:03:37 PM »
I don't really get why the media is chastising Tiger Woods for his sex addiction since they seem to be the ones that are pushing and promoting sex and infidelity all the time through their shows and commercials.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
Re: The Media and Tiger Woods
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 10:05:48 PM »
I don't really get why the media is chastising Tiger Woods for his sex addiction since they seem to be the ones that are pushing and promoting sex and infidelity all the time through their shows and commercials.
and he is a man.  a man who can have an endless supply a the snap of his fingers.  he is only doing what he can.  waht he was programmed to do.
Misunderstood.

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Karma Policeman of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 10:10:01 PM »
and he is a man.  a man who can have an endless supply a the snap of his fingers.  he is only doing what he can.  waht he was programmed to do.
He did nothing illegal.  If I were him I'd tell everyone wanting an apology to go fuck themselves.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 10:13:46 PM by Dexter Morgan »

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 10:29:18 PM »
and he is a man.  a man who can have an endless supply a the snap of his fingers.  he is only doing what he can.  waht he was programmed to do.
He did nothing illegal.  If I were him I'd tell everyone wanting an apology to go fuck themselves.
i am sure he would if it didn't mean such a large sum of lost income.
Misunderstood.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 11:32:00 PM »
Yes, but he did break God's Law's and you know what kind of foothold the religious nuts in your country have.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2010, 01:14:52 AM »
He shouldn't have gotten married.   It is pretty obvious that his wife thought the relationship was monogamous.   He could lose a good deal of money if she stays for 3 years then divorces him (55 million dollars or so last I heard).    If I was him, I would never get married again.   Especially if you are going to bang chicks all over the place.

His father was a big influence on him, and he died not that long ago.   His dad basically shaped his career and life by making him play golf as a kid.   With his father alive, I doubt Tiger would have been so careless with his affairs.   It is a PR nightmare now because he did not choose partners that were discrete.   The Perkins waitress was FUGLY too haha.   I would probably wish that I could take that one back.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Do me.
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2010, 01:54:42 AM »
   I would probably wish that I could take that one back.
so would she if you were tiger.  ;)
Misunderstood.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 12:50:30 PM »
This seems to me a classic case of hero-bashing. I'm sure lots of people wait for someone like Tiger to make a mistake so that they can crow "I told you so." OTOH, I agree with Alex that getting married to a woman -- esp. one who was expecting monogamous fidelity, as most women do -- was not a good idea, esp. given his modeling so much of his behavior after his dad, who was also a "womanizer." Also factor in the Coolidge Effect, which proves that men tend to be polygamous. And yes, the (fun)damentalist* view holds too much sway in our society. Better to follow the advice of Jimmy Durante: "Why doesn't everybody leave everybody else the Hell alone?" The answer to that question comes from William S Burroughs: "The mark of a hardcore shit is that he has to be RIGHT. He has to mind everyone else's business, because he has no business of his own to mind." Which is mostly true, although there is a long list of infamous bluenoses and Nosey Parkers who turned out to have some rather risque skeletons in their closets.

*I say this because they ain't no fun, but they sure is damented.  >:D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 12:52:10 PM by punkdrew »
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »
Capt. Spaulding: [to Mrs. Rittenhouse and Mrs. Whitehead] Let's get married.
Mrs. Whitehead: All of us?
Capt. Spaulding: All of us.
Mrs. Whitehead: Why, that's bigamy.
Capt. Spaulding: Yes, and it's big of me too. Let's all be big for a change!

(from ANIMAL CRACKERS)
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2010, 12:30:16 AM »
Eh, this is what happens when you have yourself portrayed as morally perfect by PR, and then have past skeletons come flying out of your closet.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2010, 12:34:09 AM »
He shouldn't have gotten married.   It is pretty obvious that his wife thought the relationship was monogamous.   He could lose a good deal of money if she stays for 3 years then divorces him (55 million dollars or so last I heard).    If I was him, I would never get married again.   Especially if you are going to bang chicks all over the place.

His father was a big influence on him, and he died not that long ago.   His dad basically shaped his career and life by making him play golf as a kid.   With his father alive, I doubt Tiger would have been so careless with his affairs.   It is a PR nightmare now because he did not choose partners that were discrete.   The Perkins waitress was FUGLY too haha.   I would probably wish that I could take that one back.

They do have paper bags for a reason, other than for groceries you know. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline jman

• Road warrior pimpdaddy of the aspie elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »
Le sigh, all these people balking at Tiger Woods are just doing it so they can feel better about their own pathetic lives.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2010, 12:30:24 PM »
Le sigh, all these people balking at Tiger Woods are just doing it so they can feel better about their own pathetic lives.

Le sigh!  :lol:

I love being a nobody. I'd hate to have my whole life under scrutiny.  :-\
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"