Author Topic: Your musical tastes  (Read 3289 times)

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
Re: Your musical tastes
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2009, 12:50:01 PM »
Thank fuck I'm out of my music snob stage. Seems Benji here took that place.

People who but Kings Of Leon, Oasis, The Killers etc, records, are snobs.  My taste in music is open and varied.  I don't follow music trends like a lot of fuck ups.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 12:52:38 PM »

People who but Kings Of Leon, Oasis, The Killers etc, records, are snobs.  My taste in music is open and varied.  I don't follow music trends like a lot of fuck ups.

You're like the millions of kids who try so hard to be different that they all end up the same

I'm not following a trend either. I heard some of their songs and liked them, so I listen to them. I don't listen to them just because other people do. Disliking something just because it's popular is lame. I listen to whatever I like, whether it's popular or unpopular

Blasted

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 12:53:50 PM »
Give us a list of the bands you like then benjitwat  :zoinks:

• Newtype of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2009, 01:00:00 PM »
Iron Maiden, Saxon, Wednesday 13, Murderdolls, Deathstars, Megadeth, Lordi, Killswitch Engage, Turisas, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Serj Tankin, System of a Down, a lot of the stuff composed by Yoko Kanno...

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2009, 01:01:39 PM »

You're like the millions of kids who try so hard to be different that they all end up the same

I'm not following a trend either. I heard some of their songs and liked them, so I listen to them. I don't listen to them just because other people do. Disliking something just because it's popular is lame. I listen to whatever I like, whether it's popular or unpopular

Lol, wrong again.  I'm not trying to be different, I just hate the sheep following thats going on.  Everyone likes the same bands, apparently!  Its pretty vile.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2009, 01:02:22 PM »

You just proved that you're a snob. Again. And like everyone, you're a sheep too. Don't kid yourself on otherwise.

I don't like a lot of music these days because I actually don't like it, not because it's trendy.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2009, 01:04:41 PM »
Iron Maiden, Saxon, Wednesday 13, Murderdolls, Deathstars, Megadeth, Lordi, Killswitch Engage, Turisas, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Serj Tankin, System of a Down, a lot of the stuff composed by Yoko Kanno...

Only those.

:lol:  I don't like the stuff thats too heavy, thats has no actual musical pattern, just some devil worshipers, ruining musical instruments.

Blasted

« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2009, 01:06:53 PM »
Again, give us a list of the music you like.  Or are you scared we'd think your taste is shit?  :lol:

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2009, 01:10:19 PM »
I already think it's shit, but he forgets that it's only opinion.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 01:11:27 PM »

You just proved that you're a snob. Again. And like everyone, you're a sheep too. Don't kid yourself on otherwise.

I don't like a lot of music these days because I actually don't like it, not because it's trendy.

Did I say, I liked the music?  No.  I'm not trying hard to dislike it.  "Sex on fire"  is a pretty good song, but then their second single was suicidal.  And I hate the killers, cause all their songs sound the same, so do Oasis's.  The whole trend thing just adds extra annoyance.  I probably like stuff that is trendy, too.  I like Lily Allen and Lady Gaga.  Liked the Libertines, some Razorlight.  Madonna should retire.  A lot of modern days artists can't seem to make an album, couple of good hits, then the rest is shit.  

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #25 on: September 27, 2009, 01:12:31 PM »

Lol, wrong again.  I'm not trying to be different, I just hate the sheep following thats going on.  Everyone likes the same bands, apparently!  Its pretty vile.

What? That's exactly what I'm saying. You see it as "following" whenever someone likes a band which a lot of other people like. Ever thought that maybe they just happen to like it anyway, and don't feel like they have to assume everything's bad just because it's popular, like you do?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: September 27, 2009, 01:12:43 PM »
I already think it's shit, but he forgets that it's only opinion.

Your opinion is almost invalid with the artists you just write off.  And you have no reason for saying they're shit, you just say they are.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #27 on: September 27, 2009, 01:13:42 PM »

What? That's exactly what I'm saying. You see it as "following" whenever someone likes a band which a lot of other people like. Ever thought that maybe they just happen to like it anyway, and don't feel like they have to assume everything's bad just because it's popular, like you do?

Yes, maybe its just coincidence that they're music collections are all identical.

Blasted

« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2009, 01:15:36 PM »
I like Lily Allen and Lady Gaga. 

I'm not trying to be different, I just hate the sheep following thats going on.  Everyone likes the same bands, apparently!  Its pretty vile.

Vile indeed.

Blasted

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2009, 01:16:30 PM »

Yes, maybe its just coincidence that they're music collections are all identical.

THEIR!  :lol: