Educational

Author Topic: Transgendered kids  (Read 5283 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Transgendered kids
« Reply #135 on: September 22, 2009, 04:19:47 PM »
Apart from you want the right to choose your gender and the social role that goes with it - that is an extra privelege in itself.

well, no. I don't want the right to "choose my gender." but even if that was the case, you have that right too. You can live as a man or woman just as much as I can.
Quite blatently you do want that right. As I have said umpteen times, I would rather the government spent its time and money guaranteeing my rights in the first place, rather than your right to lead a certain lifestyle choice.

I'm glad you've admited it at least. It's all ME ME ME with hadron. Fuck everyone else and their problems  :zoinks:
::)
Seriously dude, what the fuck are trans people taking away from autistic people by trying to make society more accepting and tolerant? (which incidentally is the same thing every group that's been discriminated does, and continues to do even after they have all their rights on paper - women, black people, gay people)
They are only trying to make society more tolerant towards them - they don't actually give a shit about other groups. As ever, the less vocal groups get left by the wayside.

Is that bolded part about you Hadron?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #136 on: September 22, 2009, 04:21:13 PM »
Apart from you want the right to choose your gender and the social role that goes with it - that is an extra privelege in itself.

well, no. I don't want the right to "choose my gender." but even if that was the case, you have that right too. You can live as a man or woman just as much as I can.
Quite blatently you do want that right. As I have said umpteen times, I would rather the government spent its time and money guaranteeing my rights in the first place, rather than your right to lead a certain lifestyle choice.

I'm glad you've admited it at least. It's all ME ME ME with hadron. Fuck everyone else and their problems  :zoinks:
Seriously dude, what the fuck are trans people taking away from autistic people by trying to make society more accepting and tolerant? (which incidentally is the same thing every group that's been discriminated does, and continues to do even after they have all their rights on paper - women, black people, gay people)
They are only trying to make society more tolerant towards them - they don't actually give a shit about other groups. As ever, the less vocal groups get left by the wayside.

Actually, what I suggest improves society for everyone. They actually don't lose out from fixing society for disabled people - it saves them a lot of money for one.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2009, 04:27:03 PM »

Actually, what I suggest improves society for everyone. They actually don't lose out from fixing society for disabled people - it saves them a lot of money for one.

It's the lifestyle word you use that I have a problem with.

I've heard it being used for ADHD

And lately hear it about autism. How it is all a fashion, just a lifestyle. And with tougher, firmer parents, all this ADHD and autism crap will be gone in no time.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2009, 04:34:19 PM »

And lately hear it about autism. How it is all a fashion, just a lifestyle. And with tougher, firmer parents, all this ADHD and autism crap will be gone in no time.

I wonder where they got that idea from...

Maybe, if other groups were not so blatently running around promoting their lifestyles as things they were born to do, we might be a lot more believable. Of course, we are not helped by many people who say they are on the spectrum (they very well be so in some cases) who also subscribe to those lifestyle choices.

Though I shouild point out there is a lot of evidence for ASD's being a real condition. The problem is, other groups lie about having that kind of evidence for their cause, which damages our own.

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2009, 04:39:25 PM »
I really cannot understand how some people can be so fucking stupid.

Thats cause you are naive and stupid yourself.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
Fatality waits in the wings
Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry:

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2009, 04:42:47 PM »
The employer would only know if the person was gay, if they were talking like a complete cunt, which is all an act, being that camp.  In that case, then its their own fault if they get discriminated against.
"No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #141 on: September 22, 2009, 04:46:13 PM »

Maybe, if other groups were not so blatently running around promoting their lifestyles as things they were born to do, we might be a lot more believable. Of course, we are not helped by many people who say they are on the spectrum (they very well be so in some cases) who also subscribe to those lifestyle choices.

Though I shouild point out there is a lot of evidence for ASD's being a real condition. The problem is, other groups lie about having that kind of evidence for their cause, which damages our own.

I think your vision is damaging our cause btw. There is an analogy between how GBLT and neurodiverse people are being viewed by society. Society does not like diversity. But it is there. And the more society is confronted with that, the more there may change.

Most of us Aspies seclude ourselves from society. No need to do that too when it is about trying to get our right to be who we are. There are others, claiming the same right, because they are ostracised too for who they are.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #142 on: September 22, 2009, 04:52:02 PM »

I think your vision is damaging our cause btw. There is an analogy between how GBLT and neurodiverse people are being viewed by society. Society does not like diversity. But it is there. And the more society is confronted with that, the more there may change.

Most of us Aspies seclude ourselves from society. No need to do that too when it is about trying to get our right to be who we are. There are others, claiming the same right, because they are ostracised too for who they are.
Actually, I would say diversity and all the PC bs which goes with it makes things harder for us, not easier. 40 years ago, to fit in, the social rules we would have to follow were pretty simple. Now they are growing exponentially, along with the social bullshit and stress which goes along with it. Of course, other things are causing the change, but many nonsense causes seriously add to the problem.

Other people should not be claiming that right, its disgraceful that time and time again illegitmate claims are being put ahead of others. The key distinction you miss is choice, we don't have it, other groups do. Those other groups should be gagged and told to fuck off, quite frankly.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #143 on: September 22, 2009, 04:59:51 PM »
a lot of social rules which were completely pointless and mostly based on lame tradition have actually started to disappear now. sure it was more obvious what was "right" and what was "wrong" back then, but people are more free to make mistakes and look 'weird' these days. a lot of aspies can hide their difficulties or just come across as slightly geeky/eccentric. i frequently give myself a headache (literally) trying to fit in and hide my autism. but it's often possible to an extent. should aspies also be made to hide who they are then, just like a trans woman could just dress like a guy and cut her hair if she wanted?

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #144 on: September 22, 2009, 05:03:24 PM »

Actually, I would say diversity and all the PC bs which goes with it makes things harder for us, not easier. 40 years ago, to fit in, the social rules we would have to follow were pretty simple. Now they are growing exponentially, along with the social bullshit and stress which goes along with it. Of course, other things are causing the change, but many nonsense causes seriously add to the problem.

Other people should not be claiming that right, its disgraceful that time and time again illegitmate claims are being put ahead of others. The key distinction you miss is choice, we don't have it, other groups do. Those other groups should be gagged and told to fuck off, quite frankly.
That's where we will keep disagreeing. The others have no choice either.
And the pattern of discrimination is the same.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #145 on: September 22, 2009, 05:12:28 PM »
a lot of social rules which were completely pointless and mostly based on lame tradition have actually started to disappear now.
To be replaced with even more ones. The number of those rules has increased, not decreased.
sure it was more obvious what was "right" and what was "wrong" back then, but people are more free to make mistakes and look 'weird' these days.
Society is more judgemental, not less. They are busy judging for different things.
a lot of aspies can hide their difficulties or just come across as slightly geeky/eccentric. i frequently give myself a headache (literally) trying to fit in and hide my autism. but it's often possible to an extent. should aspies also be made to hide who they are then, just like a trans woman could just dress like a guy and cut her hair if she wanted?
The latter case is very easy to do, in our case its a lot of effort and stress to do so and even then we only fit in on the boundary in most cases. And as I said, there is an evidence condition.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #146 on: September 22, 2009, 05:13:22 PM »

That's where we will keep disagreeing. The others have no choice either.
And the pattern of discrimination is the same.

That is the lie they keep repeating to get their own way, yes. At our expense.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #147 on: September 22, 2009, 05:28:37 PM »
The latter case is very easy to do, in our case its a lot of effort and stress to do so and even then we only fit in on the boundary in most cases.

Would you find it easy to live your life as a girl? No stress at all?

And as I said, there is an evidence condition.

???

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #148 on: September 22, 2009, 05:34:47 PM »
What would you do if they discovered being a tran or gay was a mental illness?

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #149 on: September 22, 2009, 06:11:38 PM »
The latter case is very easy to do, in our case its a lot of effort and stress to do so and even then we only fit in on the boundary in most cases.

Would you find it easy to live your life as a girl? No stress at all?
Women get a better deal under the social contract. Of course I would have the small difficulty of learning all the social bullshit that goes with it, but most of the particular problematic expectations would have gone.
And as I said, there is an evidence condition.

???
You have to prove beyond reasonable doubt its not a lifestyle choice.