Author Topic: Transgendered kids  (Read 5285 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: Transgendered kids
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2009, 02:20:07 PM »
"keep certain parts of yourself private" is not the same as "pretend to be something you're not in every aspect of your life except when you're alone"

and being trans is not about attention-seeking. transvestites might sometimes do it for attention, like some drag queens. but actually being transgendered isn't. what trans people want 99% of the time is just to be able to blend into society as whatever gender they are. yeah i get a lot of dumb comments when people can't tell what sex i am, but i definitely don't ask for that and while i'm not offended by it, i also don't want it
No, what they want is to change the social contract for themselves, like any other grouping which has decided they are special. Its ridiculous.

Hadron, I get the idea that you think that anything that you cannot see as a true diversity is not true, except AS.

There are so many ways in which people end up different than the 'normal' order. And often from childhood on, ingrained in the brain.
With gay people, there is often a difference in the brain. That is not social, it's there.
And there is research about transgender and brains too.

It is not only AS that has a basis in a different make-up.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #76 on: September 22, 2009, 02:22:05 PM »
yeah, i can look back on when i was a kid (very young, not like 12 or something) and see now that it was because i'm trans. obviously i didn't think that at the time, because i didn't even know what "transgendered" was, but it's been there as long as i can remember.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #77 on: September 22, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »
And you were probably bullied for not being the girl you ought to be, despite the skirts.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: September 22, 2009, 02:40:17 PM »
And you were probably bullied for not being the girl you ought to be, despite the skirts.

lol yeah

although I can't tell how much of the shit I got in school was for the AS though, as I did try and hide my gender a hell of a lot. probably one of the main reasons I got depressed. again, it's difficult to tell when you have more than one big problem. which was the main cause: undiagnosed AS or hiding being trans?

maybe I should just stop thinking about high school altogether? I just get myself in a bad mood  :lol:

btw, I do get quite a bit of crap now that I'm just being myself (awkward situations can arise as I'm technically on the records as female etc etc), but none of that is half as bad as the stuff you'd have to go through knowing and accepting you're trans, but still having to force yourself to live as a guy/girl. that's probably way worse than being in denial about it like i was. which is one reason I'd never want to force a trans teenager to hide it. I'd want to support them in every other way I could obviously, but not encourage them to hide it.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #79 on: September 22, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »
"keep certain parts of yourself private" is not the same as "pretend to be something you're not in every aspect of your life except when you're alone"

and being trans is not about attention-seeking. transvestites might sometimes do it for attention, like some drag queens. but actually being transgendered isn't. what trans people want 99% of the time is just to be able to blend into society as whatever gender they are. yeah i get a lot of dumb comments when people can't tell what sex i am, but i definitely don't ask for that and while i'm not offended by it, i also don't want it
No, what they want is to change the social contract for themselves, like any other grouping which has decided they are special. Its ridiculous.

Hadron, I get the idea that you think that anything that you cannot see as a true diversity is not true, except AS.
Not at all true - I object to people demanding frivolities at our expense. Gay rights essentially is about the right to dress up silly, as is religion (+ the additional silly rituals we are supposed to accept). In any case, its not difficult at all for either group to conform, there is no meaningful scientific evidence beyond either case being a lifestyle case.

Whilst in the meantime, basically for the above rights, we are being denied the most basic of rights. How is that fair?
There are so many ways in which people end up different than the 'normal' order. And often from childhood on, ingrained in the brain.
With gay people, there is often a difference in the brain. That is not social, it's there.
And there is research about transgender and brains too.

It is not only AS that has a basis in a different make-up.
AS has a clearly proven basis in make-up. On the other hand, gay + transgender issues have no scientific basis whatsoever, along with religious nonsense.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2009, 02:49:39 PM »
wow you are a fucking idiot (not that I didn't already know this)

Gay right about dressing up silly? doesn't everybody already have the right to dress up silly?
Gay rights is about marriage/adoption/not getting fired for being gay etc. Most of these thigns have been sorted out over the last decade or so in this country yes (down t the Labour govt I might add, fuck all the conservatives ever did for gay/trans people, surprise surprise), but homophobia is still a massive problem in this society, and in plenty of american states, gay people are still denied a lot of rights

and (again, I've asked you this before but you've consistently failed to give a proper answer), how does gay rights affect autistic rights? what rights are we denied as aspies? (at least, that gay rights is to blame for)

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2009, 02:57:29 PM »
Oh - so anyone who disagrees with your Stonewall card-carrying nonsense is an idiot now. LOL.
Gay right about dressing up silly? doesn't everybody already have the right to dress up silly?
Gay rights is about marriage/adoption/not getting fired for being gay etc. Most of these thigns have been sorted out over the last decade or so in this country yes (down t the Labour govt I might add, fuck all the conservatives ever did for gay/trans people, surprise surprise), but homophobia is still a massive problem in this society, and in plenty of american states, gay people are still denied a lot of rights
People can only discriminate if they know about it - its pretty easy to hide tbh. As for home life, most employers don't give a shit. Asides, you have gotten all that you have wanted and need + extra from the Labour government, now it would be really nice if you could quit whining. But no, you now want to delude 9-yo's into thinking they are transgendered and screw them up.
and (again, I've asked you this before but you've consistently failed to give a proper answer), how does gay rights affect autistic rights? what rights are we denied as aspies? (at least, that gay rights is to blame for)
As I have explained endless times, the airtime given to this gay rights nonsense (which is what the list of demands now adds up to - what is it, blood transfusions and semantics they are now after) is damaging more legitmate causes. Not to mention thedamage that lots of people on the spectrum deciding they think that they are gay does to the cause. Its not difficult to see.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2009, 03:03:34 PM »

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2009, 03:07:17 PM »
Oh - so anyone who disagrees with your Stonewall card-carrying nonsense is an idiot now. LOL.
People can only discriminate if they know about it - its pretty easy to hide tbh. As for home life, most employers don't give a shit. Asides, you have gotten all that you have wanted and need + extra from the Labour government, now it would be really nice if you could quit whining. But no, you now want to delude 9-yo's into thinking they are transgendered and screw them up.
As I have explained endless times, the airtime given to this gay rights nonsense (which is what the list of demands now adds up to - what is it, blood transfusions and semantics they are now after) is damaging more legitmate causes. Not to mention thedamage that lots of people on the spectrum deciding they think that they are gay does to the cause. Its not difficult to see.

You really are a dry, boring, uncharismatic, onedimensional fucktard. Gay rights is first and foremost about not having to hide things without risking being disciminated against or subject to violence. If people can have open straight relationships and bring their wife/man to the business parties, the same should go for gay people.
Kick me

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #84 on: September 22, 2009, 03:09:53 PM »
http://etransgender.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=510
In addition, the study remains to be replicated by other researchers, which will not be easy. It was performed by dissecting the autopsied brains of transsexuals, homosexual men, heterosexual men and heterosexual women. Because transsexuality is rare, it took the scientists 11 years to collect six transsexual brains.

Hardly conclusive evidence, far from it in fact.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #85 on: September 22, 2009, 03:12:00 PM »

You really are a dry, boring, uncharismatic, onedimensional fucktard. Gay rights is first and foremost about not having to hide things without risking being disciminated against or subject to violence. If people can have open straight relationships and bring their wife/man to the business parties, the same should go for gay people.

Our needs greatly outrank theirs - its a pretty obvious fact. While we are being continually fucked over, Scotland Yard are busy ensuring that the Queen has some transexual bodyguards. Its ridiculous and has gone way too far.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #86 on: September 22, 2009, 03:22:31 PM »
wait, now i want to brainwash nine yr olds into thinking they're transgendered? :LMAO:

hadron, either grow the fuck up or just go and shoot up your school already

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2009, 03:22:57 PM »
http://etransgender.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=510
In addition, the study remains to be replicated by other researchers, which will not be easy. It was performed by dissecting the autopsied brains of transsexuals, homosexual men, heterosexual men and heterosexual women. Because transsexuality is rare, it took the scientists 11 years to collect six transsexual brains.

Hardly conclusive evidence, far from it in fact.

True, but to say that it is untrue what he finds is impossible too based on this research. You cannot dismiss it. Asking for further research is another thing. But I guess you'll find that a waste of money.

This same Swaab is also working with aspies btw.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2009, 03:24:32 PM »

Our needs greatly outrank theirs - its a pretty obvious fact. While we are being continually fucked over, Scotland Yard are busy ensuring that the Queen has some transexual bodyguards. Its ridiculous and has gone way too far.

I don't get it,

Are you jealous, is it envy? Or do you have a problem with the pc approach of it all?

Offline benjimanbreeg

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I do not have the right not to do so
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2009, 03:27:45 PM »
    FFS, they still believe in the tooth fairy and santa in most cases at that age.

why do you have such a problem with people being trans/gay/bi?

i'm pretty sure you've been asked this numerous times on here, but you've never actually demonstrated HOW exactly they affect you at all

I have a problem with all lifestyle choices getting special priveleges, whilst people on the spectrum are getting fucked over big time over things actually out of our control. I think I have been pretty clear about this in the past.

You are among the ones who fuck people on the spectrum over with your narrow-minded view on lifestyle and work. Everyone with AS can't work, for example. It's completely individual and depends on how your life situation looks. Everyone can't change their situation, so everyone can't work.
    Erm, lets check out some statistics:
    • 15% of HFA / AS people are in full time employment
    • Most people on the spectrum when asked what would make a biggest improvement in their lives, said "a job"
    • The next thing they wanted was proper support.

What I advocate is that we get a fair set of opportunities and treatment, like the vast majority of people on the spectrum want. Though of course you have to be a rebel and be Pete Burns, dont you?
    [/list]

I would like to just disappear into a fantasy world forever, that would make the biggest change to my life. Even if I had a job it would just serve as an excuse to daydream. Wherever I go, whatever I do, I daydream. A job for me would just be about finding the little moments and achieving a meditative state of mind, just like school was. I drifted off into my fantasies while waiting for the bus, I dreamed myself away in the late afternoon or the setting sun, on a rainy day I could be alone in the library imagining things etc... That's what reality is to me.

A job would just be a way of doing something actively while daydreaming. I can never be "there" the way others are, I'm too introverted.

Duh, we all do that, difference is, your just a fucking coward.
    "No one believes more firmly than Comrade Napoleon that all animals are equal. He would be only too happy to let you make your decisions for yourselves. But sometimes you might make the wrong decisions, comrades, and then where should we be?"

"When men lead by words that are false as they preach
    Fatality waits in the wings
    Surrounded by fools behind walls that are breached
    Beware of the jester that sings"

Leeeeeaaaave Benji alooooooone!  :bigcry: