Educational

Author Topic: am I an asperger, some other kind of mentally ill person, or just a spazzy NT?  (Read 3474 times)

TheoK

Soph looks like a girl. :toporly:

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
i think i try not to look aspie in pics. ones other people take of me look very weird i think. i'll try and find one
other people say I am expressionless or look "depressed" "stoned" "pissed off"

i do agree my personality on here doesn't seem AS at all though, when i read through my own posts. i tend to have different ways of expressing myself online, and i go through phases of them. even down to the way i use capital letters and stuff. atm i think i'm going through a spazzy phase. maybe that is ADHD

another thing that might be ADHD is how little noises distract me so much. i always thought my sensory problems were obvious AS things, but maybe it's just that i get too distracted and notice things too much

I'd say you're just a spaz

this is what i used to think, but it's got to the point now where i'm 21 and still i'm fucked up. like there must be SOMETHING not right in my head. it's really frustrating not knowing exactly what it is, if it's not AS

Many aspies seem to have very colourful language online. I am the opposite myself. When I played MMO's people thought I was weird for using capital letters, sometimes punctuation and writing full sentences without ever using a smiley. I played with others who were clearly aspie but they were typically extremely emotive in their expressions, lots of "zomg lulz w00t :P".

IRL I'm almost theatrical at times, when I'm not paralyzed by the severe social anxiety,
Kick me

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
ok i'm gonna get ripped for this, but here's a pic of me not pulling a stupid face or trying to smile for the camera :P

(i don't usually dress like that btw. that's my little brother's quiditch cloak)

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
ok i'm gonna get ripped for this, but here's a pic of me not pulling a stupid face or trying to smile for the camera :P

(i don't usually dress like that btw. that's my little brother's quiditch cloak)

I'm not a typical aspie, but my spazzyness developed late.

As a child I was rigid, OCD-like, pedantic, uptight etc. I didn't even learn how to joke until I was around 17-18.

Maybe you have AS but not the typical type.
Kick me

Frolic_Fun

Tranneh potter! :laugh:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
lol here's the one i was looking for. this is more what i look like IRL unfortunately, i think it does look pretty aspie. or maybe i just look like a geeky spazz?

i'm definitely not a typical aspie. when i was a kid i was weird, but ok. i had friends until i was about 11. i had some aspie symptoms like how i walked, sensory stuff, obsessions and all that. but i didn't have major problems and no one who met me would have thought i was autistic

Blasted

Re: am I an asperger, some other kind of mentally ill person, or just a spazzy N
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 11:59:28 AM »
I think the more you isolate yourself from people, the weirder you get.  As a kid you were probably constatly surrounded by kids your age, despite wanting it or not but as you got older you got a choice whether to be around people or not.

I certainly got weirder the less time I spent with people. 

That's my take on it anyway.

TheoK

Anyway, Heinrich looks like a girl.  :orly:

Blasted

Re: am I an asperger, some other kind of mentally ill person, or just a spazzy N
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2009, 12:05:00 PM »
I don't think he does  ???  I'd say Soph is more andro really.

TheoK

Well, at least andro.  :P

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
yeah i think I am somewhere in the middle, my personality is kinda andro as well

IRL people tend to either refer to be as he/son/guy, or try and offend me by asking me if i'm male or female  :lol:

i think i have quite feminine features though, which is ok with me

And yeah I agree about the isolating yourself thing. I have definitely got more fucked up since I started being very withdrawn in school. I used to put that down to just AS getting "worse" as you're in your teens, which i think happens to a lot of aspies. but maybe with me my AS traits are just from being fucked up, rather than actually having AS

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
yeah i think I am somewhere in the middle, my personality is kinda andro as well

IRL people tend to either refer to be as he/son/guy, or try and offend me by asking me if i'm male or female  :lol:

i think i have quite feminine features though, which is ok with me

And yeah I agree about the isolating yourself thing. I have definitely got more fucked up since I started being very withdrawn in school. I used to put that down to just AS getting "worse" as you're in your teens, which i think happens to a lot of aspies. but maybe with me my AS traits are just from being fucked up, rather than actually having AS

I used to think my AS traits were because of cluster B disorders and a sociopathic/disturbed emotional spectrum with high degrees of narcissism. However, I am really autistic as well. I'm both autistic and a sociopath, but being aware of the fact I am a sociopath makes me handle it in a different way.
Kick me

richard

i think she looks like a hot guy. and she probably has some narsassitic personality disorder.  ;)

where is calandale when you need him :zoinks:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
i think she looks like a hot guy. and she probably has some narsassitic personality disorder.  ;)

where is calandale when you need him :zoinks:

:lol:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
lol here's the one i was looking for. this is more what i look like IRL unfortunately, i think it does look pretty aspie. or maybe i just look like a geeky spazz?

i'm definitely not a typical aspie. when i was a kid i was weird, but ok. i had friends until i was about 11. i had some aspie symptoms like how i walked, sensory stuff, obsessions and all that. but i didn't have major problems and no one who met me would have thought i was autistic

I wonder how many people are typical textbook aspies.
I know more a-typical aspies than typical aspies. Both IRL and online.

Oh well Soph, you look very much like Soph to me.
And I'll believe you if you tell that you are an aspie.  ;D
They come in all kinds of flavours and shapes, even in a Soph version.

And who knows, DSM V might differentiate and shatter us aspies all over the spectrum, with new labels. Who cares.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!