Author Topic: If we isolated a "racism gene"...  (Read 797 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
If we isolated a "racism gene"...
« on: September 12, 2009, 03:29:54 PM »
Random thought:   If a gene were discovered which was thought to (through whatever mechanism) be responsible for people holding racist views, what do you think the reaction to that would be?

Pretty sure it's scientifically impossible; I'm more interested in the philosophical mindfuck it gives me when I contemplate it.  For example, I'd assume there would be people who would push for this knowledge to be used for eugenics in some form or another, but they'd likely be the same people who had the gene in the first place.

I'm also half-wondering if Petermac or someone will pop in and say "Actually, one was found, and [FIB with info]."   :laugh:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

TheoK

Re: If we isolated a "racism gene"...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 03:34:06 PM »
There is one, or probably several, racist gene(s). It's "natural" to be racist.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 03:37:44 PM »
There is one, or probably several, racist gene(s). It's "natural" to be racist.
Hence why I said right off I know this isn't a scientifically sound issue.  :P  Human beings definitely have a basic (and probably hard-wired) tendency to prefer "us" to "them," and I'd say racism is an obvious (although not necessary) extrapolation from that.  (As well as, of course, from the political climates that generate and sustain racism.)

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 03:58:26 PM »
Racism is something you feel intuitively, but it's not as simple as tied to skin colour. Race goes much deeper than that and "racism" can be hatred towards a certain type of face/physique/smell that exists within many races rather than hatred for an entire race.

I know exactly what type of faces and smells I'm programmed to dislike and what types appeal to me. I have found "my race" in several other races, I've also found the race I hate in several other races. Iranians/persians have an overrepresentation of the race I hate while japanese have an overrepresentation of the race I bond with.

According to my theory, japanese and persians should be some of the least genetically compatible people. And reality actually proves this to be the case. Iranian immigrants in Japan are truly hated, on a level beyond the hatred targeted at many whites. The japanese football team is always more anxious when playing qualifying games in Teheran. Sometimes there have even been players crying.

I harmonize with the japanese "type" but feel disgust towards the persian. This is just in general, and not specific for each and every individual. On the other hand, germans have a slightly higher rate of people compatible with japanese. Other "compatible" races, in general, are nordic borreby and certain african niggers. Many intermarriages exists between borreby people and niggers. This is all programmed into the genes of people.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 04:04:43 PM by Soleiyu »
Kick me

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 05:19:47 PM »
nigger nigger nigger joo joo joo

look at me in my SS boots

i'm such a baddass

:moon:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 06:21:18 PM »
Racism is something you feel intuitively, but it's not as simple as tied to skin colour. Race goes much deeper than that and "racism" can be hatred towards a certain type of face/physique/smell that exists within many races rather than hatred for an entire race.

I know exactly what type of faces and smells I'm programmed to dislike and what types appeal to me. I have found "my race" in several other races, I've also found the race I hate in several other races. Iranians/persians have an overrepresentation of the race I hate while japanese have an overrepresentation of the race I bond with.

According to my theory, japanese and persians should be some of the least genetically compatible people. And reality actually proves this to be the case. Iranian immigrants in Japan are truly hated, on a level beyond the hatred targeted at many whites. The japanese football team is always more anxious when playing qualifying games in Teheran. Sometimes there have even been players crying.

I harmonize with the japanese "type" but feel disgust towards the persian. This is just in general, and not specific for each and every individual. On the other hand, germans have a slightly higher rate of people compatible with japanese. Other "compatible" races, in general, are nordic borreby and certain african niggers. Many intermarriages exists between borreby people and niggers. This is all programmed into the genes of people.
You're addressing an issue I already said I count as a nonissue in this hypothetical in order to spew your persona onto a fresh thread.

Also, WTF is a "borreby"?

TheoK

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 02:23:28 AM »
It's a race. :toporly:

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 05:20:58 AM »
Random thought:   If a gene were discovered which was thought to (through whatever mechanism) be responsible for people holding racist views, what do you think the reaction to that would be?

Pretty sure it's scientifically impossible; I'm more interested in the philosophical mindfuck it gives me when I contemplate it.  For example, I'd assume there would be people who would push for this knowledge to be used for eugenics in some form or another, but they'd likely be the same people who had the gene in the first place.

I'm also half-wondering if Petermac or someone will pop in and say "Actually, one was found, and [FIB with info]."   :laugh:

I've not heard of one, but I think racism almost certainly has a strong genetic component and that it arises from a fairly fundamental aspect of animal psychology.  When you strip away all the culturally-derived fluff, what you're left with is basically a kinship recognition and response system, which you'll find in any social species, from ants and bees to antelope and bonobos.  These systems work by assessing the relatedness of other organisms and then producing a behavioral response, which is usually some form of aggression towards members of the same species that are too distantly related, or that are members of a different colony or herd. 

Humans are a lot more nuanced than other species, and can recognise both genetic relatedness and political relatedness arising from group memberships (family/tribe/nation/race/religion) in fine-grained detail, and their higher cognitive functions give them more control over their instincts, but they still have this system in their heads that tweaks their emotions and twists their perception according to it's assessments of self and other, and subject to as much individual variability as other mental functions.

Speaking from personal experience, if I'm walking along the street and I see someone coming towards me who looks African or Asian, it makes me feel even more uncomfortable than I usually feel when I see people walking towards me.  Sometimes I even feel a chill and a sudden squirt of adrenaline, but there's no rational reason for it; I'm not afraid of them or have any hatred towards them that might explain it, and it's something I noticed about myself back when I was a kid.  I used to feel inwardly embarrassed at myself for reacting that way, but as far as I'm able to tell, it's just my kinship recognition and response system pulling my strings and trying to get me to howl and throw poo from the treetops.  It's similar to the stomach flutter that I get (or used to get, at any rate) on seeing women that I was attracted to; same sudden squirt of adrenaline, but a different emotional response coming from a different but similarly ancient and fundamental pattern recognition and response system that's wired according to a different set of genetic instructions.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2009, 05:34:37 AM »
Elle: we found the racist gene, or genepool. Its name is Soleiyu.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 05:45:40 AM »

I have austrian origins. Many austrians carry racist genes.
Kick me

TheoK

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 05:50:25 AM »

:agreed:

Adolf Hitler

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 06:01:17 AM »

Adolf Hitler

Also rumoured to be part Jewish. Apparently razed his hometown to destroy records of his birth.

Soleiyu: if your were an animal, you'd be known as a bitzer, or mongrel. Bits here and bits there. Fucking one minute you claim Austrian descent, then Swedish descent, next you want to become Japanese. Fuck, what next? A Rastafarian Hindu cross Mormon?

I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but as you claim asexuality, you wouldn't have a clue where to put it.

Offline Soleiyu

• SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 06:04:55 AM »

Adolf Hitler

Also rumoured to be part Jewish. Apparently razed his hometown to destroy records of his birth.

Soleiyu: if your were an animal, you'd be known as a bitzer, or mongrel. Bits here and bits there. Fucking one minute you claim Austrian descent, then Swedish descent, next you want to become Japanese. Fuck, what next? A Rastafarian Hindu cross Mormon?

I'd tell you to go fuck yourself, but as you claim asexuality, you wouldn't have a clue where to put it.

My father's side of the family is austrian, my mother's swedish.
Kick me

The_Chosen_One

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 06:07:33 AM »
and your maternal grandmother finnish and so on and so on.

As I said on another thread, why don't we just call you Heinz?

57 different varieties, all of them full of shit.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2009, 10:06:33 AM »
I wonder if it could be bred out of people.
:P   Internets are super serious.