Author Topic: MOUSE!  (Read 2280 times)

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Bake Sale Coordinator of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
MOUSE!
« on: August 22, 2006, 09:38:00 PM »
Holy crap; there is a mouse in my house. I am scared.

duncvis

Re: MOUSE!
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2006, 09:39:49 PM »
don't be scared carla, I have one (well, probably more). they don't eatr much, and they are more scared of you than you are of them. still irritating when the cheeky bastards run across yopur fert though. :D

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2006, 09:53:49 PM »
I agree with dunc, they are fragile little darlings, and more scared of you than you will be them, you should see the way their little hearts pound if someone tries to corner them. I have two as pets and not nervous with mum or i but we have doormice that visit our backyard that play on the wall they get frightened very easily by most things.

Just dont let anyone kill it, if you want rid of it please try some friendly methods even though i appreciate your scared, ive found bribing them with a chocolate button helps lol im being so serious as well.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:02:51 PM »
don't be scared carla, I have one (well, probably more). they don't eatr much, and they are more scared of you than you are of them. still irritating when the cheeky bastards run across yopur fert though. :D

Yeah, it is irritating, and I'm also kind of skeeved knowing there's a rodent living in here.  :-\

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 10:05:20 PM »
I agree with dunc, they are fragile little darlings, and more scared of you than you will be them, you should see the way their little hearts pound if someone tries to corner them. I have two as pets and not nervous with mum or i but we have doormice that visit our backyard that play on the wall they get frightened very easily by most things.

Just dont let anyone kill it, if you want rid of it please try some friendly methods even though i appreciate your scared, ive found bribing them with a chocolate button helps lol im being so serious as well.

I'm not sure how giving them chocolate would help get it out the door though...it mostly hides... :-\

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:09:14 PM »

Your probably not interested but these are my little babies.

Ahh so you havent seen them for long enough to lure them, they can be fly little buggers anyways, i can understand why your freaked out though, cant you get someone to lay some of those friendly traps for you? then when it catches it you can release it somewhere away from your house.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2006, 10:12:40 PM »
They make a humane trap that looks kind of like a plastic school box.  There is a spring loaded thing that closes the entrance after they pass it, but it does not hurt them at all.  Maybe you could bait it with chocolate or peanut butter, put it in a preferred corner and wait for your little friend to go inside. 

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 10:15:38 PM »
Yeah Callaway those are the little traps im referring to, theyre great contraptions.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 10:29:38 PM »
Cute mice, hypnotica...

I guess I can find some humane traps if I find out where they sell them. Only thing I'm worried about is if I let it go outside, it might come back in later.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2006, 10:32:49 PM »
Home Depot, maybe?  I think my husband bought one there.

Don't let it out of the box near your house.

Hypnotica_Gaze

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2006, 10:35:26 PM »
Thanks and yeah the only way to try avoid that risk is by taking it to an area nearby which isnt too near your home or if you feel like a good walk, the best option is to take it somewhere slightly further where theres no chance of it getting back.

Is it only one mouse?, are they normally near your home?

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2006, 10:57:40 PM »
Home Depot, maybe?  I think my husband bought one there.

Don't let it out of the box near your house.

Hmmm I will have to check and see then.

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2006, 10:59:17 PM »
Thanks and yeah the only way to try avoid that risk is by taking it to an area nearby which isnt too near your home or if you feel like a good walk, the best option is to take it somewhere slightly further where theres no chance of it getting back.

Is it only one mouse?, are they normally near your home?

Only one mouse that I know of, but we've had this problem before. We live near the woods.

Offline Leto729

• The God Emperor of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • Shai-Hulud
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2006, 11:21:35 PM »
I remember I had a mouse but could never get it would craw up My bed at night and scratch around Me. Finally it moved on maybe up the wall or somewhere never did find the mouse ever.
Guardian of the Empire

Offline QuirkyCarla

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2006, 11:29:41 PM »
Thanks, kevv. Now I'm going to have nightmares.