Educational

Author Topic: this is retarded  (Read 636 times)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
Re: this is retarded
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2009, 04:48:58 PM »
Oh noes the poor men  ::)

Do you know how hard it is to actually convict a man of rape?  Many women do not even report it to the police because they are too ashamed and want to keep it a secret.  Others report it too late when there is no longer any evidence.  It's not like everyday we have thousands of women waltzing up to the police station crying rape.
The fact is that only 1 in 20 cases lead to conviction. It would make a lot of sense for all parties that a conviction only pursued when solid evidence exists.

What is solid evidence?

Know a woman who wanted to press charges for incest. She was not believed, and they did not even write down her story.

A few years after that, she got an X-ray, and it showed signs of severe disformations of her back from childhood on, not to be explained because of 'accidental causes', A year after that, other medical evidence showed up. But.... She was too late then. Too much time had passed, she could not press charges anymore.

Solid evidence is hard to get, (forgive the pun) because rape is a stealthy crime by its very nature.

Yes, false allegations happen.

But is that a reason not to take stories of rape from women and men serious?

Don't think so.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2009, 04:52:36 PM »
Oh noes the poor men  ::)

Do you know how hard it is to actually convict a man of rape?  Many women do not even report it to the police because they are too ashamed and want to keep it a secret.  Others report it too late when there is no longer any evidence.  It's not like everyday we have thousands of women waltzing up to the police station crying rape.
The fact is that only 1 in 20 cases lead to conviction. It would make a lot of sense for all parties that a conviction only pursued when solid evidence exists.

What is solid evidence?

Know a woman who wanted to press charges for incest. She was not believed, and they did not even write down her story.

A few years after that, she got an X-ray, and it showed signs of severe disformations of her back from childhood on, not to be explained because of 'accidental causes', A year after that, other medical evidence showed up. But.... She was too late then. Too much time had passed, she could not press charges anymore.

Solid evidence is hard to get, (forgive the pun) because rape is a stealthy crime by its very nature.

Yes, false allegations happen.

But is that a reason not to take stories of rape from women and men serious?

Don't think so.
Solid evidence means you only put a case to court when there is a reasonable chance of conviction. Before you point the finger at men, remember these juries have female members too. A far more sensible approach is the French one, for all involved. There is no point putting anyone through the trial process when there is a slim chance of conviction, which happens way too often in the UK.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2009, 05:44:07 PM »
Dr Death in the US served 8 of a 10-25 year sentence and he was a Dr and did it with drugs.  I think part of the case there was he used a gun and it's the UK and we can't have that.  Should have just saved up his pain meds then nobody would know
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2009, 05:47:48 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8237765.stm

14 yrs for assisted suiced?

Didn't the article say that he actually got three years instead of fourteen?

Offline Soleiyu

• Racist leach sucking on the government tit
  • SINBINNED
  • Intense Poster
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2009, 06:26:40 AM »
Where I live both rapists and those assisting suicide are out in 2 years.

The weirdest thing with the UK are those "contracts" or whatever the courts issue for antisocial behaviour and young criminals, kids skipping school or whatever where everything can theoretically become a crime.

If anyone tried to make new individual laws that only applied to me, because my behaviour wasn't "suited to society" or whatever, people would no doubt get hurt. I'm glad I don't live in the UK. I'm surviving thanks to Sweden being a pussy nation with lots of space for everyone.
Kick me

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2009, 07:05:15 AM »
 :plus:

I love this guy's view on Sweden.  8)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/8237765.stm

14 yrs for assisted suiced?

Didn't the article say that he actually got three years instead of fourteen?

yeah that specific case was only three

but the article was also talking about assisted suicide in general and how he could have got up to 14 years for it

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2009, 09:01:53 AM »
To Christopher McCandless:

Your logic is false regarding short rape sentences. If you are arguing that rape sentences are so short due to the high rate of false accusations, but then likewise argue that only 1/20 are actually convicted due to "solid evidence", then there is no need for shorter sentences.

Try again.  ::)
Flibbit.