Author Topic: this is retarded  (Read 651 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
this is retarded
« on: September 04, 2009, 01:18:50 PM »

Blasted

Re: this is retarded
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 01:25:19 PM »
Rapists don't get 14 years but people who try and help their family do.  UK is a shithole  :thumbdn:

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:28:38 PM »
yes it's fucked in the head

i blame the (usually very overweight) chavs who keep impregnating each other and infecting our country with vermin

i say we wage a vernichtungskrieg against them :shamone:

Blasted

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 01:34:33 PM »
Most definitely  8)  Tie them up, push em off a cliff and then use all the fat in their body as fuel.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:36:19 PM »
very efficient method ^  :indeed:

TheoK

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 01:56:52 PM »
Rapists don't get 14 years but people who try and help their family do.  UK is a shithole  :thumbdn:

It's worse than Sweden, which says a lot.  :thumbdn:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:11:38 PM »
Imagine how many jaunted women would be using it then. Keeping the sentences low means the legitimate cases get heard, without men having to fear having sex. I think someone has been listening to Harperson way too much...

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 02:15:13 PM »
you think women would be more likely to accuse someone of rape if they thought that person was gonna get 14 yrs in prison, but won't do it now because they'd only get a short sentence?

i think if a woman is gonna lie about rape then she's gonna do it anyway, regardless of sentence. if anything i think i higher sentence for the guy would be more likely to discourtage her than encourage her

it's not like most rape cases are bullshit anyway - it's attitudes like that that stop a lot of women going to the police when they have actually been raped

clear-cut cases of rape should be punished properly

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 02:25:18 PM »
you think women would be more likely to accuse someone of rape if they thought that person was gonna get 14 yrs in prison, but won't do it now because they'd only get a short sentence?

i think if a woman is gonna lie about rape then she's gonna do it anyway, regardless of sentence. if anything i think i higher sentence for the guy would be more likely to discourtage her than encourage her

it's not like most rape cases are bullshit anyway - it's attitudes like that that stop a lot of women going to the police when they have actually been raped
There are two points of view on the matter at least. The fact is, for a man to protect himself from a malicious allegation and all the nonsense it may bring, they would have to take ridiculous steps when having sex. 14 years is far more scary for blokes, bear in mind that this is one year away from murder.
The reason that only 1 in 20 cases succeed is that lots of "his word against hers" cases appear in the UK courts. If only clear cut or near clear cut cases were prosecuted, then I might support higher sentences. As it stands, the system makes it too likely a man can be wrongly convicted of rape.

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 04:09:26 PM »

There are two points of view on the matter at least. The fact is, for a man to protect himself from a malicious allegation and all the nonsense it may bring, they would have to take ridiculous steps when having sex. 14 years is far more scary for blokes, bear in mind that this is one year away from murder.
The reason that only 1 in 20 cases succeed is that lots of "his word against hers" cases appear in the UK courts. If only clear cut or near clear cut cases were prosecuted, then I might support higher sentences. As it stands, the system makes it too likely a man can be wrongly convicted of rape.

OMG, You make it look as if having sex for men is almost as dangerous as getting on an airplane while telling that you've got a bomb with you.

It's quite simple in a way, mutual consent and mutual respect. That does not suffice for great sex, but it does suffice for sex without being charged with rape afterwards.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 04:10:12 PM »
And yes, the UK could do with a better euthanasia policy imo.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 04:17:38 PM »

OMG, You make it look as if having sex for men is almost as dangerous as getting on an airplane while telling that you've got a bomb with you.

It's quite simple in a way, mutual consent and mutual respect. That does not suffice for great sex, but it does suffice for sex without being charged with rape afterwards.
Not in this country it doesn't, if a woman says that you raped them, then it can go to court, often with disregard of the rest of the evidence. Being acquitted isn't much good if your reputation is already in tatters as a result (the lopsided laws protect just the women involved, not the men from identification).

Blasted

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 04:20:57 PM »
Oh noes the poor men  ::)

Do you know how hard it is to actually convict a man of rape?  Many women do not even report it to the police because they are too ashamed and want to keep it a secret.  Others report it too late when there is no longer any evidence.  It's not like everyday we have thousands of women waltzing up to the police station crying rape.

Offline 'andersom'

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 04:26:35 PM »

Not in this country it doesn't, if a woman says that you raped them, then it can go to court, often with disregard of the rest of the evidence. Being acquitted isn't much good if your reputation is already in tatters as a result (the lopsided laws protect just the women involved, not the men from identification).

There will always happen huge mistakes in a legal system. People will be accused falsely, and people will be not believed, when coming with genuine allegations of rape. Shit like that does happen. And it should be taken serious.  Horrid things do happen. People can get stuck in legal systems in a very unfair way.

On the bright side, most people are not dangerous when it is about sex. But most people are good people, and for most, sex will not end at the policestation. And that is why I think those ridiculous steps are not needed. No need to bring a contract and a disclaimer everytime you ask a girl out for a drink.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2009, 04:31:15 PM »
Oh noes the poor men  ::)

Do you know how hard it is to actually convict a man of rape?  Many women do not even report it to the police because they are too ashamed and want to keep it a secret.  Others report it too late when there is no longer any evidence.  It's not like everyday we have thousands of women waltzing up to the police station crying rape.
The fact is that only 1 in 20 cases lead to conviction. It would make a lot of sense for all parties that a conviction only pursued when solid evidence exists.