Educational

Author Topic: Banned From WP For No Reason-- A Collection of Issues Brought Up By Members  (Read 17127 times)

Celticgoddess

Re: Banned From WP For No Reason-- A Collection of Issues Brought Up By Members
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2009, 01:28:26 PM »
Sensory Integration Dysfunction. Google it because there's some really good stuff out there about how your 7 senses can be affected and what you can do to help your body cope and find balance.

SID? is that what happens when you're frying on LSD??  :mushie:  :laugh:

:plus:

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2009, 04:30:16 PM »
I've got no problem with the self-dx'd per se...but....

What I do have a problem with is when someone declares themselves AS and then uses it as an excuse to be a complete and utter shithead.

:indeed:  :plus:
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2009, 05:10:23 PM »

What I do have a problem with is when someone declares themselves AS and then uses it as an excuse to be a complete and utter shithead.

:agreed:

I run a local AS meetup group and participate in another, and that's one of the first things we try to instill in any new members, don't use the diagnosis as an excuse to be an asshole.  Another member of one of those groups and I actually have a verbal presentation about owning your behavior that is aimed at people who are having difficulty with friends and family minimizing their problems, and lesson #1 is don't try to use the AS to get out of responsibility for anything.  I personally think that most of the reasons someone will try to minimize or mock AS (doesn't everyone have social issues? etc) is that they think you're going to use it as some sort of shield for bad behavior, and if you make it clear that that's not your intent, they will tend to be more accepting of it.  Just my $.02 though.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2009, 06:08:33 PM »
I was diagnosed with ADD too. I didn't know until my teens. I also had other labels; dyspraxia, SID, cluttering, language processing disorder and OCD got mentioned. I was afraid of sweat and dirt then and hated getting dirty. My mom didn't think it was important I knew. She didn't know what was wrong with me either despite all the labels and said the treatment I was getting wasn't working. I was even on the wrong medication for two years and I had high metablism because of it. Then when they took me off of it, I gained weight. I craved sugar. The pills all of a sudden changed me when I was 12 because my hormones changed.  But before, I lost my apatite so I wasn't eating. I got thinner and was more tired and had to quit soccer because I didn't have the energy. I had other problems too being caused by the meds and then my parents took me off them and also took me out of school. The funniest thing about it was, kids were picking on me and gave me a nervous breakdown, they all of a sudden thought I was so lucky because I didn't have to go to school. Ha ha. It was like it all came back to them to haunt them. Got punished for their own meanness by causing me to have a huge break from school and now they were envying me. Call that karma. It was also the same year I got my AS diagnoses. It happened right after we got back from our family trip.

Blasted

« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2009, 06:11:29 PM »
Dottei have you been here for ages or are you a newb?  Whatever you may be, welcome to our humble abode from Binty  8)

Offline Al Swearegen

• Pussycat of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Always front on and in your face
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2009, 06:13:38 PM »
Our Spokane Girl.
I2 today is not i2 of yesteryear. It is a knitting circle. Those that participate be they nice or asshats know their place and the price to be there. Odeon is the overlord

.Benevolent if you toe the line.

Think it is I2 of old? Even Odeon is not so delusional as to think otherwise. He may on occasionally pretend otherwise but his base is that knitting circle.

Censoring/banning/restricting/moderating myself, Calanadale & Scrapheap were all not his finest moments.

How to apologise to Scrap

Blasted

« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2009, 06:14:39 PM »
Ahhh, I see

Scrapheap

« Reply #157 on: November 15, 2009, 07:58:12 PM »
Ahhh, I see

The Spokane Tour Guide custom rank is a dead give away.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #158 on: November 15, 2009, 08:19:55 PM »
I shouldn't have watched A League of their Own. Now I can't get it out of my head. Luckily my husband is watching TV so I can't put the movie in but I still have youtube. The movie is there to watch. I can go in the bedroom to watch it but I don't wanna.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #159 on: November 15, 2009, 11:28:20 PM »
^Try watching Benny and Joon again. I liked your other signature better. :)
I was diagnosed with ADD a few years before I was diagnosed AS, I always assumed it was an incorrect diagnosis.

I would like to see if my sensory issues are SID or a part of my AS.
I think SID is a part of AS. It's just that the SID dx addresses exactly what sensory issues you have and you're usually give a sensory diet to follow in order to help give you more balance.
I have never heard of SID. I thought sensory problems were just part of autism.

I was diagnosed ADHD before HFA but the ADHD still makes sense as a diagnosis to me. I take medication for it and one of the best things about it is that it helps me communicate better verbally. I can tolerate social situations for longer as well.

Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #160 on: November 17, 2009, 06:38:08 PM »

:agreed:

I run a local AS meetup group and participate in another, and that's one of the first things we try to instill in any new members, don't use the diagnosis as an excuse to be an asshole.  Another member of one of those groups and I actually have a verbal presentation about owning your behavior that is aimed at people who are having difficulty with friends and family minimizing their problems, and lesson #1 is don't try to use the AS to get out of responsibility for anything.  I personally think that most of the reasons someone will try to minimize or mock AS (doesn't everyone have social issues? etc) is that they think you're going to use it as some sort of shield for bad behavior, and if you make it clear that that's not your intent, they will tend to be more accepting of it.  Just my $.02 though.
I fully approve.   :plus:
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Scrapheap

« Reply #161 on: February 26, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
WP just doesn't get enough ink these days...

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #162 on: February 27, 2010, 02:06:26 AM »
i love that picter.

the photographer is an artistic genius.
Misunderstood.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Tattle tale
  • Frequent Poster
I actually just negotiated the unbanning of my account over there, they seem to be more reasonable about returning members in the wake of the whole Sinsboldly fiasco.  I'd recommend talking to Makuranokoshi or DW_A_Mom, apparantly Alex slashed like half the mod team but left most of their moderator tags still on their profiles, and those are the only two that I know for sure are actually still mods, and they are also the ones that I talked to in order to return.  IMHO the place is still far from perfect, but the atmosphere sans Sins is greatly improved.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
I actually just negotiated the unbanning of my account over there, they seem to be more reasonable about returning members in the wake of the whole Sinsboldly fiasco.  I'd recommend talking to Makuranokoshi or DW_A_Mom, apparantly Alex slashed like half the mod team but left most of their moderator tags still on their profiles, and those are the only two that I know for sure are actually still mods, and they are also the ones that I talked to in order to return.  IMHO the place is still far from perfect, but the atmosphere sans Sins is greatly improved.

I wonder if your banning was bogus too? Other people who have been banned from there are still not back. For some reason they can't get their bans uplifted. Even Violet Yoshi and KenM had no luck. But I found both their bannings reasonable. My banning was bogus and it was done wrong I was never showed up as being banned.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 06:36:37 PM by Kit »