Author Topic: wondering if people could be diagnosed wrong as aspergers  (Read 4618 times)

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
Re: wondering if people could be diagnosed wrong as aspergers
« Reply #45 on: August 27, 2009, 02:14:39 PM »
To the OP: Have you ever attacked someone?

Aspies CAN be complete cunts, murderers and arseholes in general. The only difference they have from NTs is shitty social skills, nothing else. I don't believe in this "if you're an aspie, you're instantly non-violent and more intelligent!" nonsense.

The thing is, because of said shitty social skills, we tend to end up hanging around the wrong crowds. Like criminals and drug dealers and shit.

Fuck I've been around some dangerous people and I don't care to repeat it.

Kind of explains why you are so obsessed with abiding strictly by NT rules. Not the best obsession to have - there are plenty of people it has destroyed when they realise its a losing battle.

No it doesn't Einstein. I only got my dx 5 years ago when I was 32. So for my who life up until then I thought I was meant to be a normal person and I was just doing the typical trying to blend in thing so I wouldn't attract attention. The thing is, it's second nature now. Plus there is nothing wrong with fitting in when necessary.

I usually get a good 5-6 hours every night by myself to be myself.
Yeah - it is not like you cannot form that obsession without a diagnosis, is it? Asides, someone properly fitting in with your intelligence would not be on the dole in most cases - the fact is that you struggle to do. So why religiously defend a system which does not give yourself the entitlements and equality that you and your children will not have? Surely this is something you should try and help do something about?

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #46 on: August 27, 2009, 04:39:38 PM »
Trying to fit in is not nesscessarily a bad thing. People have problems all round, but if you've AS then you're pretty much fucked if you don't try.

This condition is nothing special, it does not make you any way "better" than others. The reason why we're good at our interests is because we basically spend a good chunk of our times at it. Any retard with enough attention span on a certain hobby etc. can do the same. Don't kid yourself that you're somewhat intelligent, the hard fact is that you're not. We ARE technically NTs with a lable for shitty social skills, nothing more, nothing less.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #47 on: August 27, 2009, 05:09:04 PM »
Trying to fit in is not nesscessarily a bad thing. People have problems all round, but if you've AS then you're pretty much fucked if you don't try.
Up to a certain point no - but we are never going to entirely fit in. The only way around the system is to find a niche which you can either control or easily adapt to. Still in those cases you are only fitting in that small environment, not in general.

If anyone is under the illusion that the more harder they work at fitting in, the easier their life will become is sadly mistaken. The problem is that the more you do, the more that is expected of you. When you get up to a certain point, you are working too hard for diminishing returns. Fitting in entirely for extended periods would drive most of us insane for those very reasons.
This condition is nothing special, it does not make you any way "better" than others. The reason why we're good at our interests is because we basically spend a good chunk of our times at it. Any retard with enough attention span on a certain hobby etc. can do the same. Don't kid yourself that you're somewhat intelligent, the hard fact is that you're not. We ARE technically NTs with a lable for shitty social skills, nothing more, nothing less.
Shitty social skills has its advantages, for one it makes you more likely to ask questions. A small thing which I say gets greatly underestimated at times. Then of course you ignore some of the things that certain Aspies have most likely have done. We could do extremely well, if only given the opportunity. For most of us, that opportunity never arrives.

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2009, 07:57:38 PM »
The thing is, I think there is a half way point. Nothing is expected of me from the government because I'm on a disability pension now. I just have to pass go and collect my $200. We are doing better than most working poor families as a lot of our income is tax free. We live in public housing which isn't as bad as it sounds (shitty neighbours have left). So we pay fuck all in rent.

We get enough money these days that we don't even have to be careful how we spend it (probably should hide some in a mattress or something).

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2009, 07:59:38 PM »
Another thing, I've seen other aspies that don't accept the way society treats us. They tend to be a lot more unhappy or angry and still don't do anything to change it except complain more. So yeah, fuck that, I'll be happy for what good things that there are in my life thank you very much.

Offline Natalia Evans

• Spokane Tour Guide of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2009, 08:26:30 PM »
Isn't that the self diagnosed that does it? I heard people who do actually have the condition try and help themselves and get better and cope in the real world while the ones who are just self diagnosed and don't really have it complain and use it as an excuse to not change. There are real ones out there who are that way too. I am sure there are self diagnosed out there who do try and change and try and help themselves.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2009, 12:35:38 AM »
Isn't that the self diagnosed that does it? I heard people who do actually have the condition try and help themselves and get better and cope in the real world while the ones who are just self diagnosed and don't really have it complain and use it as an excuse to not change. There are real ones out there who are that way too. I am sure there are self diagnosed out there who do try and change and try and help themselves.

Nah, I know a guy who is DX'ed and he complains about how everything isn't his fault and they should make it easier for him blah blah blah.

This guy is very lonely.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2009, 12:52:23 AM »

Nah, I know a guy who is DX'ed and he complains about how everything isn't his fault and they should make it easier for him blah blah blah.

This guy is very lonely.

Gee I wonder why lol
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2009, 01:11:48 AM »

This guy is very lonely.

Gee I wonder why lol

You don't want to know the full story, it will make you brain bleed.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2009, 03:49:52 AM »
I have known of people that want to be autistic and so seek the diagnosis purposely. These people may skew their diagnosis because they know what the psychologist wants to see, they can get their diagnosis that way.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Phlexor

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2009, 04:11:50 AM »
I have known of people that want to be autistic and so seek the diagnosis purposely. These people may skew their diagnosis because they know what the psychologist wants to see, they can get their diagnosis that way.

:duh:

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #56 on: August 28, 2009, 04:15:25 AM »
Yep, and WP is full of them. :zoinks:
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #57 on: August 28, 2009, 04:47:33 AM »
The thing is, I think there is a half way point. Nothing is expected of me from the government because I'm on a disability pension now. I just have to pass go and collect my $200. We are doing better than most working poor families as a lot of our income is tax free. We live in public housing which isn't as bad as it sounds (shitty neighbours have left). So we pay fuck all in rent.

We get enough money these days that we don't even have to be careful how we spend it (probably should hide some in a mattress or something).
The problem is the government feels it has fulfilled its obligations by putting you on that pension, when in reality if they did their job properly, you would most likely be in decent employment, with the improvement in lifestyle that would bring. That said, given you have 5 children, it doesn't surprise me that the system makes it better for you not to work. Doesn't send out an amazing message to them.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #58 on: August 28, 2009, 04:48:26 AM »
Another thing, I've seen other aspies that don't accept the way society treats us. They tend to be a lot more unhappy or angry and still don't do anything to change it except complain more. So yeah, fuck that, I'll be happy for what good things that there are in my life thank you very much.
I don't disagree with you - but I should add that I do quite a bit towards changing it.

Frolic_Fun

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2009, 08:38:13 AM »
Jamieg negged my karma because he's too much of a coward to answer my question. Eejit. :hahaha: