Author Topic: Say something to yourself  (Read 58898 times)

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
Re: Say something to yourself
« Reply #1545 on: January 30, 2011, 11:16:26 AM »
"Just 25 more posts, then get to work on this messy apartment!"  :police:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1546 on: January 30, 2011, 12:19:06 PM »
"just". :P
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1547 on: January 30, 2011, 12:21:19 PM »

It sounds so innocent, doesn't it? Any excuse to keep posting...  :2thumbsup:

People forget.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1548 on: January 30, 2011, 12:22:30 PM »

It sounds so innocent, doesn't it? Any excuse to keep posting...  :2thumbsup:

BTW, now just 10 more to go!  :asthing: :asthing: :asthing:

People forget.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #1549 on: January 30, 2011, 03:57:32 PM »
Maybe you need to see a doctor?

Doctor for us tomorrow.

My wife is incredibly sick, has not eaten anything that she could keep down since last Sunday. She has not been able to stand up and get out of bed in three days.  (forget work)

I remember something like this before and she was not properly diagnosed. There was no answer to her problems.  I almost lost her (I did not think she was going to die, but what ever her health issues involved affected her mentally and I feared that she would leave me - I see it alll starting up again), due to her illness.

We have an appointment at nine AM, upon the morrow.  (I am scared)

Is she going to be OK?

I am going a bit crazy, actually. Being in a hospital bed, after spending three days in her own bed has turned into a burden for her. She is beside herself and yet she is still having trouble standing and making a decent argument for being released from  the doctor's care, especially since the initial tests have just been released.

The next day will tell more, we all hope.

Yes, I hope that she will be OK, but the rule may be that things are about like last time we went through all this.  (I await the moment when she blames me for being constrained, much like during childbirth - the father is naturally to blame  during such times, but from her getting sick?  I really have doubts as to how my own culpability manifests in any concept of reality) I know she suffers from hormonal tortures. I see that things are outside her control, but influencing the outcome may not be possible for me.

The kids are more troubled than I am, actually. Their need for her constant presence is higher than my own. Managing them is becoming even more of a problem than before, when this all happened.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 04:01:55 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1550 on: January 30, 2011, 04:05:12 PM »

Beam me up, Scotty!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1551 on: January 30, 2011, 09:27:35 PM »

Doctor for us tomorrow.

My wife is incredibly sick, has not eaten anything that she could keep down since last Sunday. She has not been able to stand up and get out of bed in three days.  (forget work)

I remember something like this before and she was not properly diagnosed. There was no answer to her problems.  I almost lost her (I did not think she was going to die, but what ever her health issues involved affected her mentally and I feared that she would leave me - I see it alll starting up again), due to her illness.

Is she going to be OK?

I am going a bit crazy, actually. Being in a hospital bed, after spending three days in her own bed has turned into a burden for her. She is beside herself and yet she is still having trouble standing and making a decent argument for being released from  the doctor's care, especially since the initial tests have just been released.

Yes, I hope that she will be OK, but the rule may be that things are about like last time we went through all this.  (I await the moment when she blames me for being constrained, much like during childbirth - the father is naturally to blame  during such times, but from her getting sick?  I really have doubts as to how my own culpability manifests in any concept of reality) I know she suffers from hormonal tortures. I see that things are outside her control, but influencing the outcome may not be possible for me.

The kids are more troubled than I am, actually. Their need for her constant presence is higher than my own. Managing them is becoming even more of a problem than before, when this all happened.

:hug:

I hope she is going to be OK.  I think she should stay where she is until she gets some answers.  I don't know what her problem is, but I hope they can find it and it's fixable.

P7PSP

« Reply #1552 on: January 30, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »

Doctor for us tomorrow.

Is she going to be OK?

You were already a bit crazy, but it sucks that your wife is hurting like that DD. I hope she gets better soon.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #1553 on: January 31, 2011, 02:47:11 AM »
WTF.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

eris

« Reply #1554 on: January 31, 2011, 04:44:11 PM »
why did my intro thread get over 20 hits in a few days

and over 80 hits this month

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1555 on: January 31, 2011, 06:26:18 PM »

:hug:

I hope she is going to be OK.  I think she should stay where she is until she gets some answers.  I don't know what her problem is, but I hope they can find it and it's fixable.

You were already a bit crazy, but it sucks that your wife is hurting like that DD. I hope she gets better soon.

Thanks to you both.

It looks as if she may come home tomorrow. 

We have no answers; the "tests were negative or inconclusive,"  what ever the fuck that means. They won't even show us what tests they performed, other than a vague description of the necessary "viral smear and bacterial culture,"  until they finish their paperwork.  Honestly, I see doctors looking at each other and one says, "Fever broke,"  another says, "Her color is coming back,"  and the nurse says, "Well, she is eating again."  and they let us go again, with no explanation as to why she has gotten SO DAMN SICK, for over a week, from a fucking "cold!"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1556 on: January 31, 2011, 09:23:47 PM »
You really need to cut your hair

Offline Charlotte Quin

• Abbess from the Abyss
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1557 on: February 01, 2011, 12:37:57 AM »
It's stressful just thinking about it :GA:

Offline PuppetSockPenguin

• Superlurker of the penguin elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • experience is memory is experience is
« Reply #1558 on: February 01, 2011, 01:57:08 AM »
Consider these things: Yes, David can construct an accompaniment from a bass line, a chord chart or from his head. You don't know that Joan can.
                              : Yes, you can play the other choice from memory, but Joan may not have played it before and thus will not have it in her memory.

With those things considered: FIND THE DAMN MUSIC!!!!!

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1559 on: February 01, 2011, 03:23:11 AM »
You really need to cut your hair

True that. Or I need to get someone to do that. I think have reached that stage now.
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!