Educational

Author Topic: Post a something you are a pondering  (Read 33471 times)

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
Re: Post a something you are a pondering
« Reply #1350 on: October 27, 2011, 05:27:02 PM »
found out today that coffee grounds will kill fire ants...interesting

that is interesting. I love leaning about shit like that. Can they kill other insects ?
dont know about that, sorry

I have often said that my coffee and cooking can kill anybody ( cept me of course )

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #1351 on: October 27, 2011, 05:34:55 PM »

that is interesting. I love leaning about shit like that. Can they kill other insects ?

I have often said that my coffee and cooking can kill anybody ( cept me of course )

My coffee can kill the undead!  :bloody:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

eris

« Reply #1352 on: October 27, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
I don't like coffee one bit. I never drink it. But I like the flavor, and enjoy cappuccino and coffer ice cream.

When I first started dating my ex husband we went out for coffee all the time. I drank it, but I just wanted to be there. Not drink the coffee. Later when I told him that he thought that was the sweetest thing eva.

Offline skyblue1

• Overlooked of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #1353 on: October 27, 2011, 05:41:25 PM »

My coffee can kill the undead!  :bloody:
and killing zombies isnt that easy :viking:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #1354 on: October 27, 2011, 06:21:14 PM »
To wine or not to wine.  :wine:
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1355 on: October 27, 2011, 06:50:27 PM »
Every so often I have this semi-horrifying moment of realization that I am hypothetically supposed to be some kind of role model for what it's like to be a healthy, well-adjusted person.  I just had such a moment.  It came after an hours-long conversation which was ultimately at least half comprised of "your mom" jokes.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1356 on: October 27, 2011, 06:57:28 PM »
pmselle are you a therapist? I mean I forget exactly what you are - do you do CBT?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1357 on: October 27, 2011, 07:05:20 PM »
pmselle are you a therapist? I mean I forget exactly what you are - do you do CBT?
Therapist yes.  I don't follow any one particular school of thought (which would be wicked impractical with the population I'm working with anyway*), but I've worked a little bit of cognitive-y stuff into a session or two and prolly used a CBT technique or two without realizing it.

*more often it's like "so, how much would YOU like to cut back on the drug addictions?"  and/or "ok, but are the voices telling you to do anything BAD?"  and/or "Yes, yes it DOES suck that you're hopelessly poor and a billion horrible things have happened to you.  Let's brainstorm ways you can stop digging the hole deeper, ok?"
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 07:08:38 PM by PMS Elle »

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1358 on: October 27, 2011, 07:09:36 PM »
Oh ok cheers. Where I went it was all CBT. we did have a guy who was also at the addiction place though (I think), so he mighta done something different while there. but a our unit it was CBT. have u ever worked with anxiety disorders?

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1359 on: October 28, 2011, 04:59:55 AM »
Oh ok cheers. Where I went it was all CBT. we did have a guy who was also at the addiction place though (I think), so he mighta done something different while there. but a our unit it was CBT. have u ever worked with anxiety disorders?
Lots of the people I work with have anxiety disorders, but there are pretty much no pure cases (i.e. where that is their "only" problem or even their primary one).

Were you seeing a therapist weekly, or were you at more of a day treatment program/group-based thing?  I can't imagine doing individual therapy "just" CBT, but groups often seem to.

Offline bodie

• Reflective Katoptronaphiliac of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • busy re arranging deck chairs on board the Titanic
« Reply #1360 on: October 28, 2011, 06:33:11 AM »
Lots of the people I work with have anxiety disorders, but there are pretty much no pure cases (i.e. where that is their "only" problem or even their primary one).

Were you seeing a therapist weekly, or were you at more of a day treatment program/group-based thing?  I can't imagine doing individual therapy "just" CBT, but groups often seem to.
hey has anyone ever told you some heinous crime they have committed and if so are you sworn to secrecy or at liberty to inform the police?
blah blah blah

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1361 on: October 28, 2011, 07:51:18 AM »

I was in a residential unit for 12 weeks, so I was living with other people with mostly OCD and BDD, but there were a couple others like PTSD too. we had groups but the therapy was all individual.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #1362 on: October 29, 2011, 06:29:23 AM »

hey has anyone ever told you some heinous crime they have committed and if so are you sworn to secrecy or at liberty to inform the police?
1.  Of course people have disclosed crimes.
2.  I am neither at liberity nor permitted to tell the police of past crimes, unless they warrant a 51-A being filed (which would mean recent and/or ongoing of abuse of a child or an elder).  I am neither at liberty nor permitted to NOT act in some fashion or other to try and prevent my clients from harming themselves or others, so if they disclose plans for future crimes such as assault or murder, I have to act, just as I do if they say they're planning suicide (and seem, through what they say/don't say/various factors, likely to actually act on it).   Though, if they have a specific target for harming someone else, the police may need to be involved (called a Tarasoff), where as if they're simply suicidal and/or homiciald to the point of danger to self or others, it's an issue of having them evaluated for hospitalization.  Lot of gray area, but them's the generalities.

The interesting part is "how do I document this" when I DON'T have to break confidentiality but do have to accurately document the session.  Records can be supoena'ed.  I've stopped folks before and reminded them of this before they could disclose something potentially damaging, so they could make an informed decision about what to say.  We have forms people fill out saying they know the limits of confidentiality but nobody ever bloody reads them.

I was in a residential unit for 12 weeks, so I was living with other people with mostly OCD and BDD, but there were a couple others like PTSD too. we had groups but the therapy was all individual.
/wonders what "pure" CBT individual therapy would actually end up looking like

I would guess there mjust be other clinical skills integrated or it would never work.  CBT in and of itself is all technique-focused.  Like... well, like calling toppings without ice cream a sundae, I guess is the best similie I can come up with.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 06:31:15 AM by PMS Elle »

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #1363 on: October 29, 2011, 10:02:48 AM »
Whether or not it is okay to pretend to be  25-year old bisexual single mother working on her PhD and contemplating Medical School in order to fool a bunch of hypocritical pricks on another site who hate me. It's fun, but hard. The guys are all hitting on me and I feel bad with the people I like and respect trying to be friendly as this new nice girl. I am proving my point though that it is more the messenger than the message.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #1364 on: October 29, 2011, 10:56:33 AM »
 :LOL: That could seriously backfire on you. Google Tom McMaster.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.