Educational

Author Topic: Post a something you are a pondering  (Read 33314 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Post a something you are a pondering
« Reply #900 on: August 07, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
Neighbour cat brought me another mouse this evening. She has all kinds of patterns. Pondering if this will be a new ritual of hers. Wondering about tomorrow evening.

Once, upon a hot midsummer's eve, as we left our house wide open to entice any breeze our way, my cat of those times began to wail from directly outside our door. He was obviously jumping right outside our door. Higher and higher he jumped and belted forth with a desperate, grunting wail with each jump. From all the anxiety obvious in his grunting, I had the impression that he was trying to fly or something - he was jumping very high!  I had two good ears at that time and I could finely discern the origin of sounds.  My wife was almost asleep, further along than I was,  in front of our night time movie, when she began to kick me into curiosity about the cat's odd sounds and behavior. 

As I was reaching deep within myself to mine for the ability to stand from almost being in deep sleep myself, the cat comes bounding into the room with a muffled war cry rattling from his throat. My first, incoherent thought, was that he was somehow hurt, but he immediately pounced on my chest with a kind of victorious pride, head and prey held high, then he dropped a heavy mass onto my chest.

I know that some social cats (such as those that have become domesticated)  bring live prey to their leaders as a gift and as a way of showing off their hunting skills.  I was immediately repulsed, knowing what I know, being startled into wakefulness from near sleep, to have to deal with yet another gift from the cat - RIGHT NOW??  REALLY? NOW!!!

I was expecting it to be a huge pigeon from the weight he slammed on me, but then as I touched it I had an image of pigeons always going to roost well before sundown. There us no way a pigeon would be out flying at night. Pigeons will allow themselves to be captured or killed before they attempt to fly in darkness, usually.

Next thing I felt was two large, wet wings hitting me in the face as this fucking huge BAT, caught by my cat and dropped on my chest, began to try to escape - of course my cat grabbed it instantly and held it down on my chest. That is when I became aware of the unusually strong smell that bat urine gives off as my chest became warm with wetness.

... quite a bit more to this, but seeing my wife go from zero to flailing backwards at a velocity approaching the speed of sound away from this "gift"  from the cat finished waking me up to the horror of what I had to deal with. A terrified bat flapping around the bedroom, continually wetting itself and everywhere it tried to fly, shitting these little lethal thumbnail sized grenades and a hunter cat determined to make his catch a good one ...

It was a long night.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2010, 03:24:09 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Invincible Heisenweeble of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond Teh Stupid
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #901 on: August 07, 2010, 04:31:05 PM »
You live on the east coast, cbc?

Yes I do! Mighty Massachusetts!  :viking:
"I'm finding a lot of things funny lately, but I don't think they are."
--- Ripley, Alien Resurrection

"We are grateful for the time we have been given."
--- Edward Walker, The Village

People forget.
--- The Who, "Eminence Front"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Ruler of Aspie Universe
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #902 on: August 07, 2010, 06:38:50 PM »
Neighbour cat brought me another mouse this evening. She has all kinds of patterns. Pondering if this will be a new ritual of hers. Wondering about tomorrow evening.

Once, upon a hot midsummer's eve, as we left our house wide open to entice any breeze our way, my cat of those times began to wail from directly outside our door. He was obviously jumping right outside our door. Higher and higher he jumped and belted forth with a desperate, grunting wail with each jump. From all the anxiety obvious in his grunting, I had the impression that he was trying to fly or something - he was jumping very high!  I had two good ears at that time and I could finely discern the origin of sounds.  My wife was almost asleep, further along than I was,  in front of our night time movie, when she began to kick me into curiosity about the cat's odd sounds and behavior. 

As I was reaching deep within myself to mine for the ability to stand from almost being in deep sleep myself, the cat comes bounding into the room with a muffled war cry rattling from his throat. My first, incoherent thought, was that he was somehow hurt, but he immediately pounced on my chest with a kind of victorious pride, head and prey held high, then he dropped a heavy mass onto my chest.

I know that some social cats (such as those that have become domesticated)  bring live prey to their leaders as a gift and as a way of showing off their hunting skills.  I was immediately repulsed, knowing what I know, being startled into wakefulness from near sleep, to have to deal with yet another gift from the cat - RIGHT NOW??  REALLY? NOW!!!

I was expecting it to be a huge pigeon from the weight he slammed on me, but then as I touched it I had an image of pigeons always going to roost well before sundown. There us no way a pigeon would be out flying at night. Pigeons will allow themselves to be captured or killed before they attempt to fly in darkness, usually.

Next thing I felt was two large, wet wings hitting me in the face as this fucking huge BAT, caught by my cat and dropped on my chest, began to try to escape - of course my cat grabbed it instantly and held it down on my chest. That is when I became aware of the unusually strong smell that bat urine gives off as my chest became warm with wetness.

... quite a bit more to this, but seeing my wife go from zero to flailing backwards at a velocity approaching the speed of sound away from this "gift"  from the cat finished waking me up to the horror of what I had to deal with. A terrified bat flapping around the bedroom, continually wetting itself and everywhere it tried to fly, shitting these little lethal thumbnail sized grenades and a hunter cat determined to make his catch a good one ...

It was a long night.

Definitely a Poe-like narrative.  Enjoyed it. 
A good monarch is a treasure. A good politician is an oxymoron.

My brain is both uninhibited and uninhabited.

:qv:

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #903 on: August 07, 2010, 06:41:39 PM »

It was a long night.

You make me laugh so hard with this story DD.

A night with you won't be a dull one.   :laugh:

I find it not hard to visualise it happening. Have seen cats do amazing things. And tiny cats bringing huge preys at high places too. So far, I've not had the "pleasure" of getting food brought to me at night. And, I don't mind.

I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #904 on: August 08, 2010, 02:50:23 PM »

It was a long night.

You make me laugh so hard with this story DD.

A night with you won't be a dull one.   :laugh:

I find it not hard to visualise it happening. Have seen cats do amazing things. And tiny cats bringing huge preys at high places too. So far, I've not had the "pleasure" of getting food brought to me at night. And, I don't mind.

UhM, I thank the ground upon which those impervious stones lazily lie that my heart bleeds my most private salts upon that these nights are more rare than common.

I am free for now.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #905 on: August 18, 2010, 12:42:13 PM »
Fucking magnets! How do they work?!
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #906 on: August 18, 2010, 02:20:44 PM »

I never understood the attraction with magnets.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #907 on: August 18, 2010, 02:47:14 PM »
Why is a fire truck outside the house two away from me
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #908 on: August 18, 2010, 03:23:40 PM »

You never felt that pull?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #909 on: August 18, 2010, 07:44:55 PM »
Why is a fire truck outside the house two away from me

A)  Either it's 2-firemen-for-the-price-of-one night or
B)  The truck won't fit in the garage.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #910 on: August 19, 2010, 02:51:12 PM »

You aspie kids and your puns!  :laugh:

People forget.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #911 on: August 19, 2010, 03:23:56 PM »

We're just playing the (magnetic) field. :zoinks:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #912 on: August 19, 2010, 03:54:44 PM »

We're just playing the (magnetic) field. :zoinks:

Let's be positive and banish all negative thoughts.

Offline Queen Victoria

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #913 on: August 19, 2010, 04:15:05 PM »
Am I overlooking a smiley for puns?  Or should I just use of the spanking/punishment ones?  Decisions, decisions.  A Queen's work is never done.

Offline "couldbecousin"

• Elder
  • You're goddamn right.
« Reply #914 on: August 19, 2010, 07:13:47 PM »
Am I overlooking a smiley for puns?  Or should I just use of the spanking/punishment ones?  Decisions, decisions.  A Queen's work is never done.

Well, there is a smiley for the "ba-DUM-bum!" that a drummer often plays after a comedian utters the punchline!   oneliner:

People forget.