Educational

Author Topic: Post a something you are a pondering  (Read 33362 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Post a something you are a pondering
« Reply #75 on: August 11, 2009, 04:02:03 AM »
I stuttered heaps in my first class this afternoon so am wondering if the other students think I should be avoided or something.
:zoinks:
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #76 on: August 12, 2009, 10:50:44 AM »
Why don't we harvest human breast milk and sell that? Seems like it would be much healthier for humans to be drinking milk from their own species. We could make cheese, ice cream, and many other dairy products and they would be better for us.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

TheoK

« Reply #77 on: August 12, 2009, 10:52:53 AM »
 :agreed:

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #78 on: August 12, 2009, 10:54:43 AM »

Why don't we harvest human breast milk and sell that? Seems like it would be much healthier for humans to be drinking milk from their own species. We could make cheese, ice cream, and many other dairy products and they would be better for us.

Do you really have to ask why?

Blasted

« Reply #79 on: August 12, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »
:aff:

Soy milk FTW.

Blasted

« Reply #80 on: August 12, 2009, 10:56:17 AM »

Why don't we just go the whole hog and start selling bottled sperm?  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 12, 2009, 10:58:29 AM by Bint »

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #81 on: August 12, 2009, 11:05:21 AM »

I am asking why not? Can't think of any reason based upon the way we treat other animals.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Blasted

« Reply #82 on: August 12, 2009, 11:34:56 AM »
Do we really need animal milk at all?  There is plenty of calcium in other products.  We should all just drink soy or rice milk imo  8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #83 on: August 12, 2009, 01:20:29 PM »
Do we really need animal milk at all?  There is plenty of calcium in other products.  We should all just drink soy or rice milk imo  8)

Regular old milk is good, man.  :o
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Blasted

« Reply #84 on: August 12, 2009, 01:23:55 PM »

Regular old milk is good, man.  :o

It's too thick for me now  :laugh:  Am too used to soy milk.

P7PSP

« Reply #85 on: August 12, 2009, 03:10:54 PM »
Rule of  :thumbup:, if it comes from a plant or a male, it is not milk. If I evolve 3 more stomach chambers and an enzyme to digest cellulose I will consider switching my diet to vegetarian/vegan.

Blasted

« Reply #86 on: August 12, 2009, 03:26:30 PM »
Rule of  :thumbup:, if it comes from a plant or a male, it is not milk. If I evolve 3 more stomach chambers and an enzyme to digest cellulose I will consider switching my diet to vegetarian/vegan.

I dunno, my stomach is pretty happy about the soy milk it's getting  :zoinks:  Although I do eat dairy products such as cheese or yoghurt even if quite infrequently.  I wouldn't mind going vegan though.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2009, 01:45:44 AM »

I pumped human breast milk for a year for my daughter and I have to tell you that it's a big pain.  My nipples were so sore at first that I cried.

There are women who express their excess breast milk and donate it to milk banks for babies who are unable to digest formula, but the milk banks pasteurize and sell it and it's very expensive, something like $3 or $4 an ounce.  I considered donating since I had an ample supply, but I was afraid that I would not be able to keep up with my daughter's needs since I almost exclusively pumped by then, so we bought a freezer and I froze the excess milk instead.

If you had women sell their expressed milk, I guess that it might have some of the same problems of paying people to sell their blood, in that they might be be less likely to disclose a health condition that should keep them from donating.

Blasted

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2009, 11:45:04 AM »
Why do I keep waking up with a fresh set of bruises every other day?  :O_o:  I quit Efexor nearly two months ago, surely the bruising can stop now?

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2009, 03:10:03 PM »
Why do I keep waking up with a fresh set of bruises every other day?  :O_o:  I quit Efexor nearly two months ago, surely the bruising can stop now?

I read somewhere that its half-life is a very short one so physically the Effexor should be long gone. The problem is probably that your body needs a lot more time to readjust its serotonin levels.

Are you using something else in place of the Effexor?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein