Educational

Author Topic: Rage's cat thread.  (Read 22031 times)

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Rage's cat thread.
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2009, 05:49:41 PM »
That's so sad sophist
I'm glad you were able to be with her at the end. I hope I am with Flo (my cat) when she dies.
My friend's cat Schmoo had to be put to sleep recently becuase of kidney failure, and they did everything they could to save her, but in the end you have to do what's best for them obviously

This is the horrible thing about having pets. You can't explain to thme what's happening, or that they're going to be ok or anything. I love cats. I wish none of them every had to suffer anything bad ever. I'd do absolutely anything for my cat to keep her safe and happy.

Blasted

« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2009, 05:57:07 PM »
Fuck that is so incredibly sad.  As Soph said, I'm glad you were able to be with her before her death.  I'm not sure what else to say  :-\  I'm not good with comforting people.

Offline SleepyDragon

• Little Green Lizard of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2009, 07:27:44 PM »
@Sophist: Thanks for posting your cat's pictures and stories. You were a good "mum" to Sugar and gave her the care she needed, right up to her final moments. And Liam is quite a bruiser; I can see he'd make life hell for the competition. :)

@Bint: Olka is a sweetie! :heart:

Blasted

« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2009, 07:48:33 PM »
She sure is  :laugh:  I have more of her sleeping if anyone's interested:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2009, 07:58:33 PM »
Aw fuck thats cute! :zoinks:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2009, 08:02:53 PM »

lol adorable

reminds me of this

Blasted

« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2009, 08:06:51 PM »

lol adorable

reminds me of this

That is too fucking cute  :green:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2009, 08:12:46 PM »

lol adorable

reminds me of this

And THAT reminds me of THIS!  :green: :indeed:

I will never stop...

P7PSP

« Reply #113 on: July 09, 2009, 08:18:49 PM »

This was Sugar, my other cat. She had to be put to sleep this last February due to a very rapid cancer. She was almost 15. This pic is of her in my lap at the vet, saying goodbye. We had a little room and she laid on my lap for about 45 minutes until I felt like it was time.

That does suck, my sister had a cat named Leonidas 20 years ago who got feline Leukemia. I really liked that cat.

Blasted

« Reply #114 on: July 09, 2009, 08:22:41 PM »

lol adorable

reminds me of this

Now shower of hands, out of those who watched it, who made it past 30 seconds?  :lol:

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #115 on: July 09, 2009, 08:27:54 PM »

lol adorable

reminds me of this

Now shower of hands, out of those who watched it, who made it past 30 seconds?  :lol:

What that? Thats easy mode! You seriously need to test your might.  :green:
I will never stop...

Blasted

« Reply #116 on: July 09, 2009, 08:31:19 PM »

lol adorable

reminds me of this

I've got none  8)

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #117 on: July 09, 2009, 08:35:41 PM »

lol adorable

reminds me of this

I've got none  8)

Bullshit. Everyone does. Specially if they're watching the zany antics of cats!  :laugh:
I will never stop...

Offline The Member Formerly Known As Sophist

• Too Eliter for the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • I am what I am and that's all what I am.
    • Gestalt: An Autism Forum
« Reply #118 on: July 10, 2009, 08:13:23 AM »
That's so sad sophist
I'm glad you were able to be with her at the end. I hope I am with Flo (my cat) when she dies.
My friend's cat Schmoo had to be put to sleep recently becuase of kidney failure, and they did everything they could to save her, but in the end you have to do what's best for them obviously

This is the horrible thing about having pets. You can't explain to thme what's happening, or that they're going to be ok or anything. I love cats. I wish none of them every had to suffer anything bad ever. I'd do absolutely anything for my cat to keep her safe and happy.

I think it feels worse for us, not being able to tell them everything's alright. But then, at the same time one can be glad they're probably not aware to have the thought, "Oh shit... am I dying???"

Sugar just went to sleep. All she knew was she felt like shit, but she was comfortable in my lap, and then... the lights went out.

Sometimes it sucks to be human and have awareness of mortality to the extent that we do.  :-\

Fuck that is so incredibly sad.  As Soph said, I'm glad you were able to be with her before her death.  I'm not sure what else to say  :-\  I'm not good with comforting people.

Yeah, I guess there's not much else to say. At least for the time she was my cat (I wasn't her first owner), I know she had a good life. And while she would have had a number more years ahead of her if it weren't for the cancer, she also didn't die young either. It was sudden, I don't think it was too painful for her (although I'm sure she felt like absolute shit), and in the end she died exactly where she always wanted to be, my lap, hehe. Sugar was one of the sweetest cats I've known. Strange in that she was the only cat who actually took comfort in being with me when she was at the vets. All my other cats just wanted to get away, hide, whatever. But Sugar, at the vets, would instead run TO ME and try and climb up into my arms and would just hug my shoulder. My other two cats, while I know they love me incredibly (as I do them) don't take quite the same comfort in my presence when they're scared; they just wanna get away. So when they go, I don't know if my presence will be quite the same to them as it was to Sugar. For JonJon and Sunny, it would probably be more comforting for them not to pass away at the vets and instead do it at home. I don't know if that'll be possible; some places do home visits. But to be home and with me would be more comforting to my other two. But Sugar, she just always wanted to be with me. So wherever my lap was, that was where she was happiest. To the end.

@Sophist: Thanks for posting your cat's pictures and stories. You were a good "mum" to Sugar and gave her the care she needed, right up to her final moments. And Liam is quite a bruiser; I can see he'd make life hell for the competition. :)

Thanks, and yes, Liam IS quite a bruiser!  ::) I feel sorry for my mother's other cat, Grace, because he now beats up on her. :( He's very sweet with people though. He really should have been an "only child" so to speak, heh.

This was Sugar, my other cat. She had to be put to sleep this last February due to a very rapid cancer. She was almost 15. This pic is of her in my lap at the vet, saying goodbye. We had a little room and she laid on my lap for about 45 minutes until I felt like it was time.

That does suck, my sister had a cat named Leonidas 20 years ago who got feline Leukemia. I really liked that cat.

They tested for feline leukemia and thankfully it ended up not being that, since it's contagious and wouldn't bode well for my other cats. This was just leukemia (most likely).
Flibbit.

Offline Adam

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #119 on: July 10, 2009, 09:22:22 AM »
My cat Flo is the same as your other cats. When she's scared she just wants to get away too and hide. She's really affectionate though so it's weird because when she's relaxed and it's just us, she always wants to sit right near me or sleep on me or have cuddles. But when she's scared she just panics. That makes me worry about taking her to the vets too because she'll be so frightened and I won't know how to help her. I think it would be better for her to be at home too, but I doubt that will happen.