Author Topic: Waste  (Read 269 times)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Waste
« on: June 02, 2009, 06:07:38 PM »
I am working in the city of New Haven a city that constantly bitches about not having enough money for their budget yet they have street sweeping on almost all streets two times a month. Today was the day for the other side of the street I am working on tomorrow my side.  Now this is an all day event the city pick up went by about nine time their tow truck twice then the water truck and two sweepers twice. The road before they came was fine cleaner than my road is I can't remember the last time the sweeper went by here.  the sweepers went by at about 25mph and basically did nothing but make the road look wet. Why?  so many ther things could use attention and they spend their money on this.  My city has spent millions putting in new fancy paving stone on the sidewalks along an area where everything was fine and a new fancy clock in a park that has two parking spots the clock is already busted after being struck by lightning.  All the silly things they spend on but they want to cut education and other projects that help people besides the lucky ones with the city contracts
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

TheoK

Re: Waste
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 01:43:34 AM »
Off with their heads! :arrr:

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2009, 09:10:40 AM »
Sounds about right. It wouldn't hurt for people to be responsible for their own messes though. Around here they seem to have cut back on landscape maintenance as the grass on the medians is getting pretty tall and it has rained a lot.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Bluebird Of Chaos

• one
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2009, 03:32:38 PM »
Don't you know that education and helping people who really need it isn't a priority at all for the vast majority of people in power?

After all, it's always poor people's fault that they're poor.  And education? Who needs it? That would just deprive the spoiled, pampered upper class of all the menial workers they need to maintain their lifestyle.  ::)

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2009, 06:18:43 PM »
Don't you know that education and helping people who really need it isn't a priority at all for the vast majority of people in power?

After all, it's always poor people's fault that they're poor.  And education? Who needs it? That would just deprive the spoiled, pampered upper class of all the menial workers they need to maintain their lifestyle.  ::)

I know just so much waste. They could at least give me a tax break :P
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw