Educational

Author Topic: Sayings you hate  (Read 10694 times)

Offline Jack

• Reiterative Utterance of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Maniacal Postwhore
  • You don't know Jack.
Re: Sayings you hate
« Reply #165 on: September 16, 2018, 10:56:47 AM »
'fo shizzle my nizzle' and variants of it. Fucking hell. Moronic wigger alarm!

I have concerns about the entire wigger thing, generally.

There was a young lady who was ripped to shreds recently because she wore a dress to her prom which resembled an Asian design and poor gal was all over the news, even on early morning national news media, trying to "apologize for offending" people. She loved super bright colors and large graphic pattern and the flow was so flattering to her ...

Anyway she was accused of cultural appropriation and berated, castigated (choose your own description of the grisly, pummeling chastisement this beautiful young teen had to endure) It stirred up such a shit storm with the left because she was not Asian.

The mere existence of wiggers stirs a similar shit storm inside me as far as cultural mis-appropriation goes.
Sure, let's listen to and enjoy "their" music, but trying to imitate "their accents" and urban colloquialisms is just insulting.

Some of the story about the young teen babe:     https://www.today.com/style/teen-who-wore-traditional-chinese-dress-prom-faces-backlash-t128426

One of her gutsy comments:
"To everyone causing so much negativity: I mean no disrespect to the Chinese culture. I’m simply showing my appreciation to their culture. I’m not deleting my post because I’ve done nothing but show my love for the culture. It’s a fucking dress. And it’s beautiful."

Here is a pic of this lovely young woman in her prom dress:
It's personally difficult to consider a fashion statement to be cultural appropriation, but do see it with more meaningful things. One example that comes to mind is Holi, which is an ancient hindu religious festival which has been adapted to western culture in recent years, stripped of its meaning in places which ma not necessarily celebrate the culture or people, simply because their ceremony is beautiful and fun.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #166 on: September 16, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Why does fashion cultural appropriation go "one way"?

I don't know much about this.  And I'm not really interested in getting educated.  There's too much on my plate right now to take on anything more.

Back to "one way" with this rhetorical question.  Why aren't the Japanese, the African continent, Native Americans, etc. criticized for adopting Western wear?  Should we stop eating the cuisine of other nationalities?  Etc.

I'm not going to read any answers to this post.  Don't have time to learn anything new.  Just wanted to stir the pot I guess.
Thinking it's not one way for blacks and native americans, as they can be highly criticized within their own race for 'trying to be white'.

So true.
I was eighteen years old when I first met a black person. I was filled with many emotions, but had a half baked education about the times and I was also anxious to get to know this person. We both played on the baseball team, so I already had an "in," so to speak.
But I was a junior and he was a senior so he could not have given any less shit for me, even after I knocked a couple of his pitches out of our practice field.
In a school of 4400 kids, he and his sister were the only blacks. They were very guarded.

As time progressed, I met many of his race who were too far into the rock and roll culture to turn it around and some were shunned by they own families.

My Indian "friends" often got into terrible fights over one wearing the wrong feather. Let alone putting on a fucking cowboy hat, a hat that makes a hell of a lot of sense in south Texas no matter who you are. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 11:57:41 AM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Lestat

• Pharmaceutical dustbin of the autie elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Homo stercore veteris, heterodiem
« Reply #167 on: September 16, 2018, 12:45:51 PM »
The gangbanger type antique farm equipment aren't bright enough to realize anything  about 'cultural appropriation', and besides the only culture they'll ever know is the kind that grows nasty pathogenic organisms on an agar slant.

Also, this bollocks about 'cultural appropriation', a lot of the hysterical shrieking comes from people, and I use the term loosely, for want of anything else, that make a living, or make fame, or both, from shrieking and howling 'WWWWwwwwayyyyysiiizzzm! BAAAWWWWWWW!!' on behalf of ethnic groups, who in plenty cases, if they are made aware of the shrieking, they end up telling the prophets of doom and EEEEeeevVVViiLLl! to go fuck off, they didn't give a damn and it's a nonentity, So Fuck. Off. 

Those who get off and make something out of screaming waayyyccciizzm, BAAWWW! on behalf of ethnic minorities they aren't a part of, taking offense on others behalf  just so there is a big issue, often at the great and traumatic expense of some completely innocent individual, like that girl with the dress (who, IMO really, REALLY needs to openly refuse to apologize to the screaming harpies and tell them to go fuck a dog. Just get out there and say 'I've nothing to be sorry for, go fuck yourselves you filthy little vultures, now come here first, before you go fuck off, so I can stab you in the eyes with a corkscrew'

They really are disgusting. The race-card chasing vultures who want nothing more than a reason to screech and scream and raise hell for some innocent individual just so they can show how good and virtuous they are. I scarcely have words to express my sheer contempt for the bastards. I'd love to slit their faces, leave them looking like the fucking joker. Damn dirty wog-worshipping, paki-praising,  koran-kissing sikh-sucking  O2-scrounging vultures. They can all go drink bleach and go to the fucking devil.
Beyond the pale. Way, way beyond the pale.

Requiescat in pacem, Wolfish, beloved of Pyraxis.

Offline Yuri Bezmenov

• Drunk-assed squadron leader
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Communist propaganda is demoralizing the West.
« Reply #168 on: September 16, 2018, 07:10:57 PM »
Not so much a saying, but rather an ill used article.

For instance, THE Beatles is fine, THE elevator is fine, THE Led Zeppelin is not OK!  THE Google is just stupid. THE cd is fine, THE Guess Who is fine (I would not have but they are Canadian, so whatever), taking THE I865 toward Chicago - just NO, but THE Twitter is ridiculous.

Stop throwing out random THEs people!!

This likely comes from L.A. where talking like that is a bit of a necessity.

They have a labyrinth of freeways from various tax programs so you have Interstates, U.S. highways, State highways and even minor freeways that are part of the county road systems.

The 22, The 405, The 5, The 10, The 101, The 57 and The 91 are how you have to refer to all these roads without the descriptions coming out like word salad.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #169 on: September 17, 2018, 01:59:13 PM »
The gangbanger type antique farm equipment aren't bright enough to realize anything  about 'cultural appropriation', and besides the only culture they'll ever know is the kind that grows nasty pathogenic organisms on an agar slant.

Also, this bollocks about 'cultural appropriation', a lot of the hysterical shrieking comes from people, and I use the term loosely, for want of anything else, that make a living, or make fame, or both, from shrieking and howling 'WWWWwwwwayyyyysiiizzzm! BAAAWWWWWWW!!' on behalf of ethnic groups, who in plenty cases, if they are made aware of the shrieking, they end up telling the prophets of doom and EEEEeeevVVViiLLl! to go fuck off, they didn't give a damn and it's a nonentity, So Fuck. Off. 

Those who get off and make something out of screaming waayyyccciizzm, BAAWWW! on behalf of ethnic minorities they aren't a part of, taking offense on others behalf  just so there is a big issue, often at the great and traumatic expense of some completely innocent individual, like that girl with the dress (who, IMO really, REALLY needs to openly refuse to apologize to the screaming harpies and tell them to go fuck a dog. Just get out there and say 'I've nothing to be sorry for, go fuck yourselves you filthy little vultures, now come here first, before you go fuck off, so I can stab you in the eyes with a corkscrew'

They really are disgusting. The race-card chasing vultures who want nothing more than a reason to screech and scream and raise hell for some innocent individual just so they can show how good and virtuous they are. I scarcely have words to express my sheer contempt for the bastards. I'd love to slit their faces, leave them looking like the fucking joker. Damn dirty wog-worshipping, paki-praising,  koran-kissing sikh-sucking  O2-scrounging vultures. They can all go drink bleach and go to the fucking devil.

I was trying to sort of corral, maybe even sum an issue that irritates most of us and here you go expanding it.

From what I was able to glean from your post we are not in disagreement, but I was seeking more of an exposure of the pith rather than an analysis.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #170 on: September 17, 2018, 03:10:36 PM »
Not so much a saying, but rather an ill used article.

For instance, THE Beatles is fine, THE elevator is fine, THE Led Zeppelin is not OK!  THE Google is just stupid. THE cd is fine, THE Guess Who is fine (I would not have but they are Canadian, so whatever), taking THE I865 toward Chicago - just NO, but THE Twitter is ridiculous.

Stop throwing out random THEs people!!

This likely comes from L.A. where talking like that is a bit of a necessity.

They have a labyrinth of freeways from various tax programs so you have Interstates, U.S. highways, State highways and even minor freeways that are part of the county road systems.

The 22, The 405, The 5, The 10, The 101, The 57 and The 91 are how you have to refer to all these roads without the descriptions coming out like word salad.

Maybe that one instance of an interstate has been justified, assuming that we all want to turn into California (I have lived in Texas, Tennessee, Colorado, Montana, Calgary Alberta and now Indiana and I can say that no one I ever met wants to be California) but what about some of the rest?

THE computer sounds right, but open THE Windows means something different? Then go ahead and look in THE Google and find ... --- ...  See?
I am not THE alone here.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #171 on: September 17, 2018, 09:17:33 PM »
To "smash" something. Smashed avocado for instance. I'm sure they didn't smash it but rather, peeled it and mashed it.

In my IT classes, "I'll just smash that in." Meaning I'll write some code.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #172 on: September 17, 2018, 11:35:08 PM »
^that's just horrible.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Calandale

• Official sheep shagger of the aspie underclass
  • Elder
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • peep
    • The Game Box: Live!
« Reply #173 on: September 17, 2018, 11:49:49 PM »
I smash garlic

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2018, 12:38:09 AM »
It's weird because restaurants/cafés will even write "smashed" whatever the food is - on their menus. What are people supposed to think?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #175 on: September 22, 2018, 04:39:56 PM »
Didn't know that was 'a thing' Ren. I wish I still didn't.

I immediately hated that the moment I read  it. Come to think of it I don't even like 'smashed' in the context of 'having gotten really fucked up'

Its just...ew.

Offline Minister Of Silly Walks

• Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #176 on: September 23, 2018, 03:49:13 AM »
It's an Australian thing (smashed). I hear it all the time.
“When men oppress their fellow men, the oppressor ever finds, in the character of the oppressed, a full justification for his oppression.” Frederick Douglass

Offline Lestat

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #177 on: September 23, 2018, 03:57:13 AM »
I don't see how it could be applied  to food. Here, it just means to get completely fucking munted with some form of  chemical assistance.

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #178 on: September 23, 2018, 07:31:08 AM »
I smash garlic
That is the best way to release many of the oils that would take a while to render with just using heat. Garlic is loaded with sugars and cooking them down usually burns them unless you go really slowly. Smashing takes half that time away with one whack. Smashing garlic also quickly releases the dried outer skins making them easier to discard.
Many chefs do not waste that skin, though, thinking that it will re-hydrate to a palatable consistency in the cooking process. I do not agree. I throw them into the compost pile.

In the salsa I just made I use a food processor (kind of the same as a modern day molca jete - think of a crude lava rock mortar and pestle for food preparation) and I smash about half the garlic and onions using that machine and chop the other half to keep the chunky style going.
I only smash about one fourth of the peppers leaving the rest to be chunky and about ninety percent of the tomatoes.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 07:33:28 AM by DirtDawg »

Offline DirtDawg

• Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #179 on: September 23, 2018, 07:35:07 AM »
I don't see how it could be applied  to food. Here, it just means to get completely fucking munted with some form of  chemical assistance.

Yep. That has been around quite a while.