1 (10%)
who can say?
1 (10%)
not sure
1 (10%)
none of the above
2 (20%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Thing is...  (Read 2978 times)

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
Re: Thing is...
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2009, 02:22:42 PM »
tried to paint

You said you tried to paint.

Did you mean painting as in a work of art or painting a wall or what?

yeah artwork wise - but there is some painting in the apartment I should do too when I have the umpf for it. I have no canvasses right now just these big pieces of cardboard - I'll still working into them - they make the paint look shitty when it dries though - it's a media *shrugs* I like the lofi aspect to it but will have to continue to work into it until I work out how to bring quality into painting on it..

I started to post something last night, but I felt like you probably already know this if you are indeed a starving artist. If you have tried this, then ignore me - I mean no disrespect.
You mentioned cardboard, but have you white-washed the cardboard and then coated it with sanding sealer or simply give your affordable (free) (plywood, masonite, backer board, scammed foamboard from signs or posters ) media a coat of off-white paint of a different type from your artist colors. Use a fine textured roller and your surface will retain a "tooth" after it dries. It won't be absorbent, though, so it will really only work with oils or heavy acrylics.

This of course does not work for watercolors, but if you are really into water colors, you probably already have experience making your own absorbent paper from scrap, right?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:25:46 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
  • Unermuedlich Aufwiegelung
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2009, 02:34:02 PM »
hm, I'm more from the collected stash of oils, stolen paint from big DIY stores, whatever I have pov. I'd love to work in oils but there is no way I can access the amounts I'd use.

Great tips, thanks  :plus: I would have definitely prime what I've started on if I was more together.
"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds." Ronald David Laing

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2009, 02:38:32 PM »
What do you do for work?
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2009, 02:54:08 PM »
I've been teaching English in Germany where I live but I phailed epically. One thing I screwed up for not forcing 40 something dole scum to follow the course like they had no choice and the other because it was really corporate and they said I was "too wild".I was always very stressed out inside while doing it - so much energy to contend with so many people when you're really not up for such things. Only job that was any cop here for me.  I haven't actually worked since then, I asked in other schools but I think I'd been 'blackballed' in that specific network at that time.

At the moment I am unemployable not to mention my Deutsche is crap. I'm sure I could work very well at something appropriate *shrugs*
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 02:56:10 PM by key Stats »
"The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds." Ronald David Laing

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2009, 04:13:47 PM »
Don't feel bad your at least one up on me in the language department.  I still work construction even though I have a degree in Biology I could never teach people make me too nervous
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »
I couldn't really do it either. It was the only option really jobwise *shrugs* edit) or at least something that may have worked anyhow.. I was really just too inconsistent by the given minimum standard. Dealing with so many people in such a futile setting was extremely stressful and debilitating also.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 05:11:30 PM by key Stats »

Offline Small Penis

• Boring troll
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
What do you do for work?
collect welfare

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2009, 08:22:53 AM »
What do you do for work?
collect welfare

Me too! Since I was discharged from hospital anyhow.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2009, 10:04:23 AM »
What do you do for work?
collect welfare

Me too! Since I was discharged from hospital anyhow.

Were you sick?

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2009, 03:20:24 PM »
Yeah, I was in a mess.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2009, 05:11:57 PM »
Yeah, I was in a mess.

I'm glad that you are better now.

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2009, 09:20:24 PM »
Thanks, me too

Offline Small Penis

• Boring troll
  • Frequent Poster
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »
that's what you get for not washing you dick in the sink after you fucked the pink

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #43 on: April 12, 2009, 04:11:55 AM »
  :zoinks:
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:21:32 AM by key Stats »

Offline key Stats

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #44 on: April 12, 2009, 04:19:29 AM »

that's what you get for not washing you dick in the sink after you fucked the pink

I dare say it would be but in my case is was because I had assaulted some police officers who seemed keen on a bit of gratuitous brutality whilst I somewhat worse for wear and zoned out on zopiclon. Very luckily for me an intervention by a Paramedic ensured I was taken to a hospital and not the jail. The charges were waived as the doctors were told by the paramedics that I had not initiated the violence and they rubber stamped that I was of diminished responsibility at that point of time in question.

They decided to keep me in hospital because of concerns about how much zopiclon and tramadol + drink I had been ingesting over the previous few days and not least because they dredged up a psych report where obviously I'd been labelled off as a 'conspiracy nut wackjob' *shrugs*. I had seen a psychologist for a while at an earlier time - mainly due to the fact that my partner at the time wanted us both 'to do' 'therapy'. I found it a rather pointless exercise but it gave me a bit of a free chat once a week when social contact was fast ebbing away and it gave him some cash - my health insurance covered it - it turned out my psychologist was a cult devotee (literally) of the Indian shyster Osho - this I found to be funny so preceded to ask about this and started telling him all the things I had been reading into *shrugs*

blah blah.  The police still seem intent of causing me some hassle and I hope it will just be over soon tbh. I guess they really despise people getting away with hitting them - if only I could remember that *sigh*

or otherwise:

No, I was fucking the sink itself actually and literally managed to plug it with myself, then needed the fire brigade to cut away from the basin using the jaws of life.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2009, 04:22:00 AM by key Stats »