Author Topic: Lit calls out Hale Bopp  (Read 4401 times)

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: Lit calls out Hale Bopp
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2009, 02:10:26 PM »
You just ignore people when you don't feel for having contact with them.

Is that not an aspie trait? I get accused of the same thing.
*snort*  It's not a trait specific to Aspies.  It's a relatively common drama-generator that is made especially possible by the age of technology, when everybody is used to having some way to get ahold of anyone, anytime, anyplace.

Yes, it's more polite to find a way to let people know you're not ignoring them because of anything to do with them (if that's what's happening), but those people can also directly ask YOU why you've become hard to contact (such as pointing out you don't always remember you have MSN up).  Some may be understanding, some may not be- c'est la vie.  Some people will genuinely ignore people they don't want to talk to and never give a reason; ignorers can be petty assholes as easily as ignorees can.  Again, ce'st la vie.  That lit takes it so personally after Fiona has explained to him why she sometimes pops out of contact speaks to how narcissitic he is.

PMS Elle
Evil, Heartless Bitch
Elder
Insane Postwhore

Re: WC non-public photo thread
« Reply #917 on: April 30, 2008, 10:05:27 PM »   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeeeeeeeeez, Hale_bopp.  You're a fuckin' knockout.
Well, she is.  But more importantly, I think you're either on too much or too little of something right now, DB.  You're losing coherence.  :/

You won't get friends by being ignorant to your fellow Aspies.

I'm probably going to get slammed for this opinion, but do you really think that having aspergers should be an automatic ticket to being liked? It's the same sort of attitude as those aspies who think that because someone is an NT, it's an automatic ticket to being hated.

You've been downright rude to/about me on occasion, yet you pack a shit and make a stupid thread calling me about 5 childish names because someone doesn't reply on MSN for ages. I would never use the excuse "WHY DON'T YOU LIKE ME I HAVE ASPERGERS TOO" to try and get friends. If people, aspie or NT choose to be my friend, then that is nice, if not, well, it's their decision, they've got their reasons and i'll drop it.
Well, fair enough, often on internet message board you'll get slammed for being the voice of reason.

BTW, practical advice:  Dunno if you allow yourself to show up as idle on IMs, sign in as invisible, or talk behind away messages, but all three have been useful for me, I think.  Also if you have MSN or other instant messengers as a part of your default startup on your computer you might want to disable that so you're less likely to not notice you're on instant messenger.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 02:12:44 PM by PMS Elle »
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Mayhem of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »
*snort*  It's not a trait specific to Aspies.  It's a relatively common drama-generator that is made especially possible by the age of technology, when everybody is used to having some way to get ahold of anyone, anytime, anyplace.

The trait may not be specific, but the reasoning behind it is. I often don't have the energy to be social and process all NT's non-verbal crap. It just takes too much out of me sometimes. I'll ignore my cell phone when I am in one of those moods. I am lucky enough to have some very good friends who understand that.

Using it as a "drama-generator" would be something NT shitheads would do.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2009, 03:07:56 PM »
I only got jan done.

Maybe feb. I can't find the WP thread but

I'm sorry, but those are some really ugly legs. Where the hell did that come from?

Is that really supposed to be Mr. Mark's legs?
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 03:13:05 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2009, 06:02:53 PM »
The real question is: do we needa peanut gallery for this one? Looks like Lit's pants are down again.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2009, 06:03:40 PM »
 ::)

Offline 'andersom'

• Pure Chocolate Bovine PIMP of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • well known as hyke.
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2009, 06:28:52 PM »
The real question is: do we needa peanut gallery for this one? Looks like Lit's pants are down again.

Isn't that all he's thinking about?
I can do upside down chocolate moo things!

Offline Mr Smith

• lardass
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2009, 06:39:06 PM »
I only got jan done.

Maybe feb. I can't find the WP thread but

I'm sorry, but those are some really ugly legs. Where the hell did that come from?

Is that really supposed to be Mr. Mark's legs?

It's not supposed to be... they're ACTUALLY his legs. He posted them in the pic thread years ago.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2009, 06:59:09 PM »

The trait may not be specific, but the reasoning behind it is. I often don't have the energy to be social and process all NT's non-verbal crap. It just takes too much out of me sometimes. I'll ignore my cell phone when I am in one of those moods. I am lucky enough to have some very good friends who understand that.

Using it as a "drama-generator" would be something NT shitheads would do.
Well, for one thing, instant messengers don't involve much 'non-verbal crap' as they're almost entirely text.  :P  And yes, NTs DO ignore things just because they don't want to deal with them- instant messengers and phones included.

Was that a dig at the size of Lit's cock?

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2009, 08:00:03 PM »
I'm speaking in a general sense, not just texts and IMs. I can understand her side because I often come off as a dickhead when I don't mean to be. The fact that I don't apologize for it only compounds the problem.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2009, 08:57:31 PM »
I'm speaking in a general sense, not just texts and IMs. I can understand her side because I often come off as a dickhead when I don't mean to be. The fact that I don't apologize for it only compounds the problem.
And you blame Asperger's syndrome for it?  I'd blame being human, or if you need to be more specific, if you take the apology thing into account, I'd blame the fact that you have a penis.

Offline earthboundmisfit

• Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2009, 09:27:55 PM »
And you blame Asperger's syndrome for it? 

Yes.

...if you take the apology thing into account, I'd blame the fact that you have a penis.

You have been waiting for a chance to talk about my penis, haven't you? :eyelash:

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2009, 09:38:27 PM »

Yes.

...if you take the apology thing into account, I'd blame the fact that you have a penis.

You have been waiting for a chance to talk about my penis, haven't you? :eyelash:
Lol, yes, yes I have been waiting to talk about your dick.

*sigh*  I get kind of frustrated sometimes by the mentality that the vast majority of experiences of people on the spectrum are incomparably different to the (evil, of course) people not on it.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #42 on: March 09, 2009, 02:23:43 AM »

Yes.

*sigh*  I get kind of frustrated sometimes by the mentality that the vast majority of experiences of people on the spectrum are incomparably different to the (evil, of course) people not on it.

I find it annoying too. Most of the issues I hear people on the spectrum complain about are actually based on the human condition, and not exclusive elements to Aspergers or Autism. If anything I see the same general nature of humanity between NT and AS being identical at it's core, with the key differences only being on how it's expressed by a different mentality.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 02:33:16 AM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

TheoK

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2009, 06:01:52 AM »

Yes.

Yes, it's very frustrating that he says honestly what the NTs would say if they dared and were more honest.

Offline El

• News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2009, 06:30:17 AM »

Yes.

Yes, it's very frustrating that he says honestly what the NTs would say if they dared and were more honest.
Does your babelfish have the hiccups, or did Flo type that one out for you?