Author Topic: Brilliant but careless scientists  (Read 1067 times)

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
Re: Brilliant but careless scientists
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2009, 02:48:44 AM »
If I put lots of bubbling glassware on my windowsill, I wonder how long it would be until the police turned up at the door.  I've already had a visit from them due to my blue fairy lights, which someone thought were for growing cannabis.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2009, 03:38:22 AM »
If I put lots of bubbling glassware on my windowsill, I wonder how long it would be until the police turned up at the door.  I've already had a visit from them due to my blue fairy lights, which someone thought were for growing cannabis.

You must have a lot of bored policemen where you live.

What happened?  Did they search your house?

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2009, 03:52:28 AM »
I made a post about it here.  My mum invited them inside to have a look and they left without incident, but it wasn't a wise move on her part, and I've tried to educate her since then about how to handle police encounters.  Unfortunately, she thinks that the police are there to serve and protect, rather than to meet bureaucratic targets for detections and arrests.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2009, 04:01:00 AM »
I made a post about it here.  My mum invited them inside to have a look and they left without incident, but it wasn't a wise move on her part, and I've tried to educate her since then about how to handle police encounters.  Unfortunately, she thinks that the police are there to serve and protect, rather than to meet bureaucratic targets for detections and arrests.

Sorry.  I had forgotten, but as soon I saw your post I remembered reading it before.

Maybe your mom did the wisest thing, since you really had nothing to hide.

Offline Peter

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2009, 04:53:36 AM »

Sorry.  I had forgotten, but as soon I saw your post I remembered reading it before.

I wasn't growing cannabis, but that doesn't mean that a pair of policemen snooping around the house wouldn't turn up something else of interest, even if it was something as simple as my prescription dexamphetamine being stored outside of it's original container, and with the authorities being so jumpy about terrorism these days, a pile of loose electronic components and tools on my desk could be mistaken for a bomb lab.  It may sound insane, but if this guy can be arrested by armed police under the Terrorism Act and detained for 18 hours for photographing an electricity pylon, I think my caution is justified.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2009, 04:56:01 AM »
she probably did the wisest thing in an oppressive world where the police either are let in or let themselves in.

i wouldn't want the police in my room, even though there's nothing illegal they'd see all my accumulation of wine bottles and beer cans and stuff. ::) talk about embarassing. also they'd probably come in with shoes on because irish weirdos do that. we take shoes off in the house thankyouverymuch. and i'm OCD, i don't want people in my room, i have enough problems with germs. god i hate this planet sometimes.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2009, 05:23:53 AM »
I'm not taking my shoes off in your house, unless I've stepped in mud or shit.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2009, 07:26:22 AM »

that's fine but there's a lot of dogshit. :( people let their dogs run free and lots of strays too.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2009, 07:45:51 AM »

The wisest thing would have been that the Brits never had let them disarm themselves. The pigs have nothing to do in his home.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 08:19:24 AM »

You must have a lot of bored policemen where you live.

What happened?  Did they search your house?

I got interrogated by them once when they came to my house for something else and could see some of my labware from the door God forbid they ever searched here and found all my toys and collector items
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »

that's fine but there's a lot of dogshit. :( people let their dogs run free and lots of strays too.

Yuk!  :zombiefuck:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 02:43:43 PM »
 :laugh:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2009, 08:53:10 PM »
God forbid they ever searched here and found all my toys and collector items

Maybe your junk is the perfect cover... who's going to be nuts enough to search it thoroughly?  ;D
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Gluey

• Raging Red Head of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
  • Park.
    • Tales From The Tard Hut Well at least some videos
« Reply #28 on: February 23, 2009, 10:21:08 PM »
Fucking cops. Were in a police state and I hate it. Well i'm in Canada but still the US runs the fucking world it goes down we all go down  :thumbdn:
Park.

TheoK

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 03:14:40 AM »
We must fight it, how many times do I have to tell you?