Author Topic: where is all the wealth?  (Read 937 times)

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
where is all the wealth?
« on: February 14, 2009, 08:18:14 AM »
the federal government keeps on printing money and giving it away.  yet we are in a recession and businesses keep closing up shop.

where is all the wealth?

there are still too many people on this planet and we still consume.

where is all the wealth?

i simply do not understand what is going on in this global recession.  how does this happen?

whare is all the wealth?
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
Re: where is all the wealth?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 10:13:57 AM »
The question could be what was it in the first place?  The days are long past when wealth was really measured in anything physical mostly now it's just electrons on a screen.  They can dissipate in an instant.  People who had gotten real things worth real money that wasn't vastly inflated still have it.  The numbers game is over though which is all it was.  Money is only as good as the faith you put in it.  These are the days of ye has little faith As far as consuming goes people still need thing but realized just not as much or they want value which doesn't come cheep.  People will still need food energy, ect and they will still be in great demand. 
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 10:34:30 AM »
the wealth is in reptilian pockets. they have deep pockets being reptilian and stuff. :mushie:
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2009, 02:13:24 PM »
the federal government keeps on printing money and giving it away.  yet we are in a recession and businesses keep closing up shop.

where is all the wealth?

there are still too many people on this planet and we still consume.

where is all the wealth?

i simply do not understand what is going on in this global recession.  how does this happen?

whare is all the wealth?

It's what happens when you're spending money you don't have. The current crisis is, from what I gather, several in one. There's a stock market crisis, there's a credit market crisis, and there's an overconsumption crisis. And probably more than those three, but I think you get the point.

"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2009, 06:52:15 PM »
Yes, I think that has a lot to do with it.

A lot of couples I know of relied on bringing in two incomes to maintain their lifestyles and some were so seriously overextended in debt to maintain this lifestyle that they couldn't afford to service the debt any longer when one of them lost their job, so they wound up losing their homes or bankrupting.

Perhaps extending credit to people who could barely afford to pay for it was a good short term strategy to appear to stimulate the economy, but it has proven to be a bad longer term solution, IMO.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2009, 08:28:37 PM »
It's what happens when you're spending money you don't have. The current crisis is, from what I gather, several in one. There's a stock market crisis, there's a credit market crisis, and there's an overconsumption crisis. And probably more than those three, but I think you get the point.

Add the probability of protectionism happening in the future to the mix, and this crisis could add a catalyst for heating diplomatic tensions and economic warfare; and then all it would take is one major incident (military or economic) for a world war to ignite. Desperation and loss tends to blind proper logic and reason, and people act rash in such situations usually, so this possibility isn't that far fetched when you think about it.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 08:30:58 PM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2009, 08:42:46 PM »
Lol. You guys are worried about the wrong problem. There is plenty of wealth.

Its the fact that the people in charge are the ones holding all of it. And the american government is not actually in charge. Think about that for a while. Then ask where the wealth is.
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 04:45:12 AM »
The American government is certainly not in charge of the wealth. China is, and some other countries that support the American deficit. Thing is, one day they'll want their money back.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2009, 07:50:30 AM »
The American government is certainly not in charge of the wealth. China is, and some other countries that support the American deficit. Thing is, one day they'll want their money back.

I always wondered what would happen if they asked and we just said no
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2009, 09:23:54 AM »

Its the fact that the people in charge are the ones holding all of it. And the american government is not actually in charge. Think about that for a while. Then ask where the wealth is.

i just said that.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2009, 11:08:52 AM »

I always wondered what would happen if they asked and we just said no

You'd have to get the money from somewhere else, which might prove to be a bit difficult.

- Albert Einstein

Offline RageBeoulve

• Super sand nigger
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2009, 03:16:44 PM »

i just said that.

Ohh oh. Deep reptilian pocketses. Right. Now I get it. :laugh:
"I’m fearless in my heart.
They will always see that in my eyes.
I am the passion; I am the warfare.
I will never stop...
always constant, accurate, and intense."

- Steve Vai, "The Audience is Listening"

Offline punkdrew

• News Box Feature
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • TURN UP THE SIGNAL-WIPE OUT THE NOISE
« Reply #12 on: February 17, 2009, 02:20:11 AM »
Either two dozen rich people are in charge of the world or nobody has a clue and the legislative bodies of 100+ nations are doing some VERY hairy guesswork.
Alex179: Everything that is living is dying.   It will stop dying when it is dead.
"Earth is the cradle of Humanity. But one cannot live in a cradle forever."--Konstantin Tsiolkovsky
The law is the law. Rules are rules. God is God. A is A. Black is black. I want my baby back.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 07:09:11 AM »
 i gather, from what others are saying, is that the wealth still exists, but only in the pockets of a few.

why aren't people revolting?
why is it that they look around and still see this wealth.  and at the same time watch their own standards in decline.

this whole global recession seems to be nothing short of a global economic restructuring.  where the few at the top pick and chose their friends and let the masses twist in the wind.

is it possible that many people uniting could beat the big money?
Misunderstood.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2009, 07:16:29 AM »
it's cuz we're all alone. the whole mass of sheeple is alone. we all are so separate we can't unite. and if we can't unite we can't fight even a few blatantly evil fatasses. yes we need to revolt but we need to communicate with each other and decide to revolt together or noone has the balls to do it. also, that's why things are getting so bad, so that we get sick of sitting on *our* fat asses and risk what we have to get something better for us all and make a better future. without hard times we're too content on letting the fuckholes bathe in our money cuz we got some money too, well, some of us. but since it's all running into the pockets of those fuckholes we're gonna panic and beat the shit out of them.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar