Educational

Author Topic: I will be 42 this year  (Read 3445 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: I will be 42 this year
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2009, 05:50:07 AM »
Sounds like it could be a form of epilepsy....
You know if people find out it doesn't matter. It is your business not their business. I hope you get it sorted out soon. Not good to leave things like that.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #46 on: February 03, 2009, 06:10:28 AM »

He needs a more social birthday I feel.

Hardon might be a shitstirring fuck, but at least he knows how to enjoy himself, unlike some.  :P

When I get my paycheck, I'll be sure to make the most of it.

I do - but then I have the possibility of being a cripple on my back too. Makes me feel a wee hypocrtical preaching to the others, despite the fact i hide my ill health loads.

nah, you haven't mentioned enough about this to grab my attention.

Since you are no longer hiding, what is wrong?
No idea in terms of a diagnosis, but I have a very twitchy arm and leg so far. Been hiding it by wearing thick clothing - but I think people are going to twig sooner or later.

It could be a lot of things, even simple fatigue or reaction/interaction to meds. It could also be serious. Spazzing limbs is not necessarily part of being a spazz,

Better to have it checked out than to worry about hiding it, don't you think.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

P7PSP

« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2009, 08:17:16 AM »

[/quote]
No idea in terms of a diagnosis, but I have a very twitchy arm and leg so far. Been hiding it by wearing thick clothing - but I think people are going to twig sooner or later.
[/quote]I hope there is a treatment available to fix that problem Hadron. Get it checked before it runs amok on your system.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 08:20:34 AM by P7PSP »

Offline Tristeza

• Official Outsider of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Postwhore
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2009, 09:18:57 AM »

It could be a lot of things, even simple fatigue or reaction/interaction to meds. It could also be serious. Spazzing limbs is not necessarily part of being a spazz,

You should have it checked out, Hadron.  That way you'll know for sure and you won't have to keep worrying and hiding it.

I had similar symptoms and it turned out to be fatigue and a potassium deficiency.
hats off to the man on top of the world
come crawl up here baby, and we can watch this damn thing turn

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #49 on: February 03, 2009, 09:26:47 AM »
I will be 32 this year. It sucks. I don't like celebrating my birthday either but I have a twin sister and she likes to celebrate having a birthday. So I end up going along with it.

Why not just change the date of your birthday so you can have your own and then not invite anyone or celebrate it?  :green:

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #50 on: February 03, 2009, 11:49:15 AM »

Hardon might be a shitstirring fuck, but at least he knows how to enjoy himself, unlike some.  :P

I do - but then I have the possibility of being a cripple on my back too. Makes me feel a wee hypocrtical preaching to the others, despite the fact i hide my ill health loads.

I am having it checked out and have been to the doctor - they just told me rather helpfully that it was serious and that I get put on a queue.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #51 on: February 03, 2009, 11:51:35 AM »
You know if people find out it doesn't matter. It is your business not their business. I hope you get it sorted out soon. Not good to leave things like that.
It does matter a lot if people find out and tbh they doubt its epilepsy. For example one department have been trying to kick someone out of all lectures for being Epileptic, my university is ridiculous like that. The reaction from fellow students I don't expect to be very nice either.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #52 on: February 03, 2009, 12:03:31 PM »
It does matter a lot if people find out and tbh they doubt its epilepsy. For example one department have been trying to kick someone out of all lectures for being Epileptic, my university is ridiculous like that. The reaction from fellow students I don't expect to be very nice either.

Which university is this?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

TheoK

« Reply #53 on: February 03, 2009, 12:07:10 PM »
Durham. TheoK is at their forum.  :angel:

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #54 on: February 03, 2009, 12:49:28 PM »

I am having it checked out and have been to the doctor - they just told me rather helpfully that it was serious and that I get put on a queue.

Good.

Here's to hoping it is nothing that can't be managed.
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #55 on: February 03, 2009, 12:59:45 PM »

Too bad you don't have the complex web of disability acts there we do here
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #56 on: February 03, 2009, 01:05:34 PM »

Too bad you don't have the complex web of disability acts there we do here
Oh we have them - just that the university cannot be bothered to follow them unless you make them. Which means going to the patronisation service first and providing medical evidence then filling out a load of forms. The law states you have to tell the university before they can act on it - so of course until you have done that in writing then you don't have cause for complaint. It does show the attitudes though.

Personally I have legal protection insurance so if they try anything like that, then I will sue the pants off them.

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #57 on: February 04, 2009, 02:46:33 AM »
I am glad they don't think it is epilepsy. I hope it is easily treatable. I think it is rotten that you have to hide things from people instead of being proud of who you are. Hide big things and someone will definitely find out.

The uni and fellow students sound like a bunch of intolerant closed-minded arseholes. I wonder if you could find a sneaky way of getting the place.....audited? Right word? In regards to their attitudes and services for people with disabilities. A few phone calls or letters?
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #58 on: February 04, 2009, 03:24:02 AM »
I am glad they don't think it is epilepsy. I hope it is easily treatable. I think it is rotten that you have to hide things from people instead of being proud of who you are. Hide big things and someone will definitely find out.
Someone might, but I am fortunately a very quick and effective liar.
The uni and fellow students sound like a bunch of intolerant closed-minded arseholes. I wonder if you could find a sneaky way of getting the place.....audited? Right word? In regards to their attitudes and services for people with disabilities. A few phone calls or letters?
Hmm, having the place audited would be interesting shall we say. Next year I suspect one of the next union sabbaticals might be very very sympathetic, if I have any evidence then I will make sure he gets it. Though I would feel really sorry for anyone sent to audit the place, the paperwork is so poorly done that a member of staff was able to walk out the front door with £500,000, simply by writing cheques to themselves. I doubt she was the only one, either:
http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/College-bursar-on-halfamillionpound-theft.4282580.jp

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #59 on: February 05, 2009, 05:29:18 PM »
that sucks Haddy, could it be ALS or something? ??? it's the stephen hawking disease :(
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde: