Author Topic: antipsychotics  (Read 6751 times)

Offline renaeden

• Complicated Case of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
Re: antipsychotics
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2008, 08:31:51 PM »
There are many different antidepressants. Lexapro stopped working for me recently, I think that was why I got depressed again. I was starting to metabolise it too quickly - if I forgot to take it in the morning, I would feel dizzy by the late afternoon and that isn't meant to happen. So I have switched to Cymbalta which is SNRI I think. I feel better already.
Mildly Cute in a Retarded Way
Tek'ma'tae

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2008, 02:18:22 PM »
I was on Zyprexa for years for no good reason whatsofuckingever (the closest to a sane justification I can backreason is it acted as a sleep aid).  Hella weight gain.  The withdrawal was agonizing.  I hate Eli Lilly with a passion.
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 08:47:13 PM »
lexapro is the newer version of citalopram, prolly stops working similarly. but it's a good vacation while it actually works.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #33 on: December 14, 2008, 11:52:49 PM »
A drooling zombie is like a drunk gal, need i say more? too easy as is as if i cant figure em out VISUAL IMAGERY, i dont get what is so tough, why is junkfood still selling? After a while its just as easy as eating junk but cheaper. You have no imagination or something? PRACTICE PRACTICE you controll your destiny. I believe you can do that.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline choccybiccy

• Frequent Poster
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2008, 04:01:18 AM »
Resperidone (Risperdal in the US) killed my sister, after a year of hell on them first. I was told she had become ill and then when I went to see her in the hospital it seemed obvious that she was ill because she was the opposite of herself and like a zombie. I didn't realise this was because of the medication.

I'm still not sure that she was ill, when she talked about stuff that was supposedly her illness, I understood her.
Womma entity

TheoK

« Reply #35 on: December 15, 2008, 04:39:47 AM »
Antipsychotics is Devil's invention. Don't take them.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #36 on: December 15, 2008, 01:54:47 PM »
Resperidone (Risperdal in the US) killed my sister, after a year of hell on them first. I was told she had become ill and then when I went to see her in the hospital it seemed obvious that she was ill because she was the opposite of herself and like a zombie. I didn't realise this was because of the medication.

I'm still not sure that she was ill, when she talked about stuff that was supposedly her illness, I understood her.

that sucks. :(

it seems they overprescribe.

there is even an emo kid on hollyoaks who's on risperdal. i think that sets a bad example.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #37 on: December 15, 2008, 09:46:00 PM »
has anyone tried risperdal? other antipsychs? i've been thinking about it. i've been reading about it. i dunno about it. they scare the shit out of me. but i think i need something.

i know randy took abilify, i read summin about it. i can't remember.
Why? Really this is something you need to be very clear on before going to see someone to talk about this.

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #38 on: December 15, 2008, 09:46:58 PM »
lifestyle change is not an option, neither is weight gain. oh well. sounds like aps aren't an option. can't risk weight gain. why are pharms such shit.

though apparently antihistamines or sumthing can fix the weight gain problem. crazymeds had something on that.
Because? You realise that's the first thing they are likely to ask you.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #39 on: December 16, 2008, 11:03:50 AM »
i need something because my brain is not functioning. i need to numb myself and get energy or somekind of mental focus so i can do things. i just lie on my bed catatonic most days and the only thing i accomplish is turning the TV on and off and getting some beer so i can be numb again.

and i can't change my life because my mind isn't working. and i don't see the point as i only want to watch TV and survive this shit life as numb as i can til i die. i'd die now but it's not an option either. and there's no point to anything but TV cuz it's the only thing i find remotely interesting and have the energy to do. i just don't care about anything and i don't have energy to do anything. i think the right meds could help but they all have side effects.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

• Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »
i need something because my brain is not functioning. i need to numb myself and get energy or somekind of mental focus so i can do things. i just lie on my bed catatonic most days and the only thing i accomplish is turning the TV on and off and getting some beer so i can be numb again.

and i can't change my life because my mind isn't working. and i don't see the point as i only want to watch TV and survive this shit life as numb as i can til i die. i'd die now but it's not an option either. and there's no point to anything but TV cuz it's the only thing i find remotely interesting and have the energy to do. i just don't care about anything and i don't have energy to do anything. i think the right meds could help but they all have side effects.
I am no expert, but to be honest, you sound pretty depressed to me. The first thing that the doctor is probably going to suggest myself is that you stay off the booze - especially if you want anti-psychotics. Though I take it they would prefer to give you a therapist or something first - unless you have tried that?

Have you tried leaving the house and finding something else to do? Or failing that something productive you can do via a computer, there is plenty of stuff you can do (e.g. continuing your education, formally or less formally). It might be a starting point. 

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2008, 10:06:01 PM »
it can't be depression. i'm perfectly happy as long as my circumstances are good and stable. there are problems but i do my best to practice lots of escapism. :P isn't depression an internal condition and unpleasant? i get depressed because of PMS but other times i'm not depressed. i'm just not interested in the world besides TV. it feels pointless. and i'm tired of life in general, cuz there's no energy and no... inner spark. i feel dead inside. something's definitely died.

anyway sobriety is not an option either. and i can't leave the house. :P paranoid and agoraphobic.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2008, 10:18:55 PM »
Dissociation?

/rank amateur

:hide:
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

TheoK

« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2008, 10:19:28 PM »
It's brave to be paranoid!  :tinfoil: :arrr: :tantrum:

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2008, 10:29:44 PM »
Dissociation?

/rank amateur

:hide:

:laugh:

i've considered that. but i haven't found much info on it online. to my surprise. mostly just read about stuff about abuse victims and extreme stuff. i'm not really sure what it's about really. could be though, i've thought about it a lot.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar