Educational

Author Topic: antipsychotics  (Read 6749 times)

TheoK

Re: antipsychotics
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2008, 08:21:28 AM »
 8)

Offline ALLDAYGLOWRANDY

• Ginger Snap
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • hyper Spoiled pric
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2008, 05:03:06 PM »
Respieradal caused weight gain for me.  My mom said people in the hospital looked like zombies, and I was one of them, when I was hospitalized.
I don't remember any of them working either.   Even Dr. Gordon, a noted psychiatrist, says meds for depression rarely work, and lifestyle is effective for what he estimates 80-90% of the population,  problem is no one does it.  They have to be motivated, and taught tricks of the trade that I came up with.  I also read about a few of them, alot of them.
famous piligram John Alden is my direct descendent. physically fit!, wanna hit me yet?, warnning, you may have to acutually walk first! Persuasive creates his own luck has ability & drive to succeed   drink "Diet Dr. Maina" :) "62" orgasms at 1 time Fuck you faggot ass! not wishing Metabolic profile ( insulin metabolism etc) is almost perfect with no psychic meds, so go fuck yourself! semiautonomic controll over tear glands ambedexterous

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2008, 06:47:38 PM »
lifestyle change is not an option, neither is weight gain. oh well. sounds like aps aren't an option. can't risk weight gain. why are pharms such shit.

though apparently antihistamines or sumthing can fix the weight gain problem. crazymeds had something on that.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

"Sometimes stepping on one's own dick is a memorable learning experience."
~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

:blonde:

Offline Phlexor

• Useful Idiot of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Less Than Meets The Eye
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2008, 07:57:51 AM »
Yeah, those fuckers put me on anti-psyches once. Turned me into one of those drooling zombies that stare out of the window for no good reason. Got off that shit as soon as I could.

Plus yeah, the fact that after enough use it can fuck with your brain/mind on a permanent basis, is a little of a turn off.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2008, 10:28:30 AM »
the thing is, i want to be a drooling zombie. kinda. the zombie i was on citalopram. i'm thinking about lexapro. if that would make me that kind of zombie... it's basically the same stuff.
"I think everybody has an asshole component to their personality. It's just a matter of how much you indulge it. Those who do it often form a habit. So like any addiction, you have to learn to overcome it."
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

"We are all the sum of our tears. Too little and the ground is not fertile and nothing can grow there; too much, the best of us is washed away."
~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2008, 11:04:57 AM »
Use that recipe I gave you on MSN, Milla Vanilla.  ;) :autism:

P7PSP

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2008, 11:38:09 AM »
I tried getting high on Thorazine once thinking it would be similar to Seconal or Quaalude. That stuff sucked. :zombiefuck:

duncvis

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2008, 11:39:52 AM »
lexapro isn't an antipsychotic though, its an SSRI. (and both citalopram and escitalopram caused me weight gain)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2008, 12:18:59 PM »
Use that recipe I gave you on MSN, Milla Vanilla.  ;) :autism:

that was meth numbnuts :orly:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2008, 12:21:04 PM »
lexapro isn't an antipsychotic though, its an SSRI. (and both citalopram and escitalopram caused me weight gain)

i know that's why i want to try it cuz ssris aren't that bad.

was the weight gain metabolic or that you ate more/didn't exercise?

citalopram actually made me eat less cuz i was so happy that i didn't need to mess around with food.

I tried getting high on Thorazine once thinking it would be similar to Seconal or Quaalude. That stuff sucked. :zombiefuck:

i don't expect it to be like a regular sedative but i wish it would be something like citalopram.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

duncvis

« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2008, 12:33:53 PM »
I suspect it was partly metabolic, as it made me very sluggish. my activity level/appetite was pretty much unchanged - I was slowly putting on weight anyway through inactivity and comfort eating due to depression, but the weight piled on each time I was on the meds. I ended up putting on seven stone over three and a half years, the overwhelming bulk of which was added during the two years I was taking citalopram or escitalopram. draw your own conclusions.

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2008, 05:06:14 PM »
i'm usually sluggish, but i am fat cuz of my crappy diet and drinking too much. if i was on medication i would cut out most of the food and all booze.
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2008, 05:09:26 PM »
Booze is brave!  8)

Offline SovaNu

• astralanes
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2008, 05:10:31 PM »
its fattning :eyebrow:
~Lord Phlexor

~PPK

~Gkar

TheoK

« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2008, 05:19:49 PM »
Hey-ho and a bottle of rum!  :arrr: :pirate: