Educational

Author Topic: OBAMA WINS  (Read 10010 times)

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
Re: OBAMA WINS
« Reply #225 on: November 23, 2008, 03:55:15 PM »
And it's spelled "civilized".

That's why you only got a 4.  :hahaha:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

TheoK

« Reply #226 on: November 23, 2008, 03:56:10 PM »
But it isn't. It's under your skin. Some day they will force all people to have one for our "security". Then what? Europeans have already capitulated through our gun laws.
that is what the bible says will happen.  666

Like I said to a friend on a Swedish board: what should we do? Try to get Kalasjnikovs and 10 tons of canned food and move to a cave in Himalaya?

The sooner the better. Bye now.

What will you say when they come to implant a chip in you? "All you need is love?"

TheoK

« Reply #227 on: November 23, 2008, 03:57:49 PM »

Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary of Current English spells it that way.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 04:08:06 PM by TheoK »

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #228 on: November 23, 2008, 04:17:45 PM »
does the chip verify blood/sugar levels

Maybe, but the main thing is that it tells Big Brother where you are, and they're already in use in some companies in the USA. Some employees must have one implanted to be working there...

Many of your fraternal oxpecker peado-kind were rounded up, electronically shackled and enforced with house-arrest during Halloween.

We are civilised. We protect our children from predators, like you.

You are an idiot. Sooner or later they will implant a chip in you, no matter how law-abiding you are, and then it's too late to refuse.

:LMAO:
Tin hat time?

Nah, the chips are designed for you.  We will put them in YOU!
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #229 on: November 23, 2008, 04:19:50 PM »
does the chip verify blood/sugar levels

Maybe, but the main thing is that it tells Big Brother where you are, and they're already in use in some companies in the USA. Some employees must have one implanted to be working there...

Many of your fraternal oxpecker peado-kind were rounded up, electronically shackled and enforced with house-arrest during Halloween.

We are civilised. We protect our children from predators, like you.

You are an idiot. Sooner or later they will implant a chip in you, no matter how law-abiding you are, and then it's too late to refuse.

:LMAO:
Tin hat time?

Nah, the chips are designed for you.  We will put them in YOU!

You claim to be something that you can't spell to, and you think that it's pedophilia (also misspelled by you) to have sex with a 15 year old. You will never put a chip in anyone.

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #230 on: November 23, 2008, 04:20:40 PM »
actually, it's spelled "civilised" in english.  and "paedophilia".

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #231 on: November 23, 2008, 04:25:10 PM »

Meh, I tend to switch forth and back, depending mostly upon with whom I am talking.

(Sorry, Lucifer, I also transpose letters quite often. Oh ... and entire words, too)
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

TheoK

« Reply #232 on: November 23, 2008, 04:25:44 PM »

No it's not, not in BE. If Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary says one thing and you something else, you are wrong.

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #233 on: November 23, 2008, 04:26:18 PM »

Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary of Current English spells it that way.

You might want to read what it says, then. "-ise" is listed as an acceptable spelling. But then, we've already established that you lack in that area.

I believe Fowler was partial to the "-ize" form, arguing from Greek's "izo", regardless of the origin of the word being discussed. However, most credible dictionaries will list both as acceptable; even Merriam-Webster's 3rd edition lists "ise" as the British spelling.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #234 on: November 23, 2008, 04:32:39 PM »

No it's not, not in BE. If Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary says one thing and you something else, you are wrong.

I suspect you need to have another read, then. We won't stay up, though. It's for your own good.

- Albert Einstein

Offline Lucifer

• Seraphic Elite
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #235 on: November 23, 2008, 04:33:31 PM »

"BE"?

oh well, as i only teach advanced level creative writing, and have a PhD in it, i must definitely be wrong, then.  i bow to your undoubted superior knowledge of my own language.

(what a fucking knobsplash.  ::) )

TheoK

« Reply #236 on: November 23, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »

I suspect you need to have another read, then. We won't stay up, though. It's for your own good.

I have three different dictionaries here. All of them spell "civilized", and my Oxford Advanced Dictionary doesn't mention an alternative spelling.

TheoK

« Reply #237 on: November 23, 2008, 04:40:30 PM »

"BE"?

oh well, as i only teach advanced level creative writing, and have a PhD in it, i must definitely be wrong, then.  i bow to your undoubted superior knowledge of my own language.

British English.

It's not totally unknown that foreigners often are better at English than Brits and Americans themselves. Even Google's translations service spells it "civilized".

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #238 on: November 23, 2008, 04:46:01 PM »
Luckily, OALD is available online:

civ•il•ized (BrE also -ised) /'s{I}v{shwa}la{I}zd/ adj.
1 well-organized socially with a very developed culture and way of life: the civilized world * rising crime in our so-called civilized societies * civilized peoples
2 having laws and customs that are fair and morally acceptable: No civilized country should allow such terrible injustices.
3 having or showing polite and reasonable behaviour: We couldn’t even have a civilized conversation any more.
4 typical of a comfortable and pleasant way of life: Breakfast on the terrace—how civilized! * Let’s go somewhere civilized and have a meal. opp uncivilized

Note the stuff in red near the beginning. That's how dictionaries often indicate an alternative spelling.

Now, what are your other two dictionaries? This is fun.

- Albert Einstein

Offline odeon

• Webmaster
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #239 on: November 23, 2008, 04:47:17 PM »

"BE"?

British English.

It's not totally unknown that foreigners often are better at English than Brits and Americans themselves. Even Google's translations service spells it "civilized".

You certainly aren't. :LMAO:  :pwned:  :hahaha:

- Albert Einstein