Educational

Author Topic: Obama-Biden in My Town Saturday  (Read 866 times)

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
Re: Obama-Biden in My Town Saturday
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 06:04:19 PM »
So...

People shouldn't consider anything important enough to kill for?

People should use only economic, social, psychological pressures that don't involve physical death?
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 06:06:02 PM »
So...

People shouldn't consider anything important enough to kill for?

People should use only economic, social, psychological pressures that don't involve physical death?
Sometimes death is the only thing that really works in certain situations.   
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 06:19:43 PM »
, assuming it is not a nightmare scenario in November, they saw the President

The nightmare won't start until after he is in office for awhile, just like the good old days when Jimmy carter was president and we had 20% interest rates and over 10% unemployment or maybe like the good old days of LBJ where people where rioting in the streets and cities burning down or the good old 1930's where FDR ran a decade long depression.

If he loses I think there will be rioting in the street seeing there almost was the last time around.  I believe he will win but will be assassinated before his term is up likewise McCain will die in the next four years also so either way we are stuck with the VPs

Could one of you not put a cap in Dubya's ass before he goes.

Come on!

I don't believe in violence. Not physical violence anyway. Plus I believe the 2nd Ammendment has been misinterpreted and would prefer guns be abolished. In an ideal world, we wouldn't have them, but sadly we are stuck in this stank hole.

"...right to bear arms in order to create a well formed militia..."

...or something like that. In other words, there was no National Army at the time, so the people were expected to defend the Nation. Now that we have an Army...and a Navy (with Marines)...and an Air Force...and a Coast Guard, I don't see how every  :redneck: needs to have a gun.

I'll get off my  :soapbox:!

so what are rual people supposed to do everytime they hear a noise outside, call the cops ? It's not like somebody can run to the neighbors or expect any help to come because there is nobody around but the bad guy and his intended victim. There would be a lot more victims if bad guys knew the rural population was defenseless

good job at looking at the situation from somebody elses shoes and putting some thought into the situation :headslap:

:finger:

I took that into account, but I look at this from the perspective we should evolve beyond the use of guns and other weapons throughout all of society. Is that realistic? Probably not. But it is an ideal I'd like to see us aspire to.

we should do a lot of things in dream world and than there is reality

I would have sooner spent the money I paid for a gun on something else along with the money I spend on home owners insurance, but in reality I need protection from bad people.

Within the last week I heard something outside my bedroom window just as I got into bed for the night, grabbed the gun and went to check it out, wasn't nothing but sure beats either wasting some cops time or being scared. One morning i woke up to a woodchuck under my house, nice having a gun around to go check out the noise.

Personal responsability beats having a huge nanny state and paying another million cops to come check out every noise.

In fantasy we shouldn't need police, in reality only fools would think we should do away with them even if they are annoying with their speed traps.

Offline McGiver

• Hetero sexist tragedy
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Postwhore Beyond The Pale
  • Do me.
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2008, 07:43:07 PM »
i am going to vote for obama
Misunderstood.

Offline Parts

• The Mad
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Who are you?
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2008, 09:46:49 AM »

You mean Osama :o  Oops I guess ::)

NY Election Mix-Up: 'Osama' on the Ballot

TROY, N.Y. (AP)  -- Wait, who is running for president? In an upstate New York county, hundreds of voters have been sent absentee ballots in which they could vote for ``Barack Osama.''

The absentee ballots sent to voters in Rensselaer County identified the two presidential candidates as ``Barack Osama'' and ``John McCain.'' In the United States, the best-known person named Osama is Osama bin Laden, leader of the al-Qaida terrorist group behind the 2001 attacks that destroyed the World Trade Center in New York City.

The typographical terror error was first reported by the Times Union of Albany.

The elections office faxed out a statement in which the two commissioners, Democrat Edward McDonough and Republican Larry Bugbee, said they regret the error but never acknowledge what the error was.

``It's human error, it's very unfortunate, it's an embarrassment to our office, obviously,'' McDonough said in a later phone interview. ``We wish we could turn back the clock, but we can't.''

When they discovered the mistake, officials shredded the remaining ``Osama'' ballots and mailed correct versions to the roughly 300 people who had already received them. McDonough said the ``Osama'' mistake was made in only one of the 13 different ballot versions mailed throughout the county, which lies to the east of the state capitol of Albany.

Voters who received both versions will be allowed to send in either one and have it counted, McDonough said.

Obama spokesman Blake Zeff said the campaign is ``glad officials are working to correct this error and we assume it won't happen again.''

The similarity between the last name of the presidential candidate and the first name of the world's most wanted terrorist have caused mix-ups before, at campaign appearances and in news broadcasts.

Some of the voters most fiercely opposed to seeing Obama become president refer to him dismissively as ``Osama.''
"Eat it up.  Wear it out.  Make it do or do without." 

'People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.'
George Bernard Shaw

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2008, 03:57:37 PM »
Of course you are going to vote for him.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline enronh

• Intensity's Bicycle Repairman
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2008, 04:17:48 PM »
Who are you's gonna vote for anyway?