Author Topic: $700,000,000,000.00  (Read 9352 times)

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
Re: $700,000,000,000.00
« Reply #165 on: October 05, 2008, 03:02:36 AM »
I doubt armed rebellion could be successful in the US.  Too many Americans view the president the way Catholics view the pope; that although they may privately disagree with some of their policies, it's their religious/patriotic duty to support the pope/president at all costs.  The US military and police forces are overwhelmingly pro-establishment, and the US propaganda industry is too effective at keeping the population in line for a mass uprising.
It doesn't have to be as massive as you think.   I do agree that most Americans are brainwashed.    People in the UK should have killed off the "royal family" a loooong time ago.

What would be the point to killing the royal family?  If we'd killed them centuries ago, the UK would have become a political pariah and/or the royal family would have been replaced with something worse.  If we killed them now, we'd lose some tourism and a bit of cultural heritage for no appreciable gain.

Could you outline how a successful not-so-massive US uprising would work?
Key political and corporate figures would have to be taken out.  Basically the richest 1% (most of them) and some politicians.  That would cause a chain reaction of sorts. 

The royal family is worthless and the UK is not really as democratic as you think.   The royals still have the final say ultimately.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #166 on: October 05, 2008, 03:50:33 AM »
I doubt armed rebellion could be successful in the US.  Too many Americans view the president the way Catholics view the pope; that although they may privately disagree with some of their policies, it's their religious/patriotic duty to support the pope/president at all costs.  The US military and police forces are overwhelmingly pro-establishment, and the US propaganda industry is too effective at keeping the population in line for a mass uprising.

But that's how dictatorships eventually form and that should worry people, that blind patriotism and exposure to controlled media manipulating their prospective on everything, instilling irrational and excessive fear and arrogance into their culture; distracting people with tabloid junk journalism, away from the issues that really matter to people's interests as a whole. Once people are conditioned to follow a certain ideal to be self-absorbed with their own lives and are apathetic of the big picture, that's usually when they're led into a path of blindly endorsing totalitarian policies without question driven by fear or ignorance, and are weakened to protest any policy they're against, because as witnessed their opinion doesn't seem to matter. This inaction to mass protest against it is primarily likely due to fear of persecution or lack of confidence, that feeling hopelessness that nothing can be done brainwashed into them (when in reality, things can be done, but at a necessary sacrifice or risk though). Eventually when the people realize their lives are manipulated and restricted by their government to a point that makes them too uncomfortable, it's usually too late to do something about it without a violent war or uprising.

But now is a key moment, because people have just witness a blatant disregard of Democracy with their so-called 'representatives' selling them out to special interests and lobbyist groups of the financial elite. Now ask, if they do that, how do you Americans know the President regardless of political affiliation will be the same as those representatives? Both presidential candidates already showed betrayal to favor financial elite interests in the Senate. I can also assure you that this election in November will be a Pyrrhic victory no matter who wins unless America speaks or acts out.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 04:00:54 AM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #167 on: October 05, 2008, 04:08:04 AM »

But that's how dictatorships eventually form and that should worry people, that blind patriotism and exposure to controlled media manipulating their prospective on everything, instilling irrational and excessive fear and arrogance into their culture; distracting people with tabloid junk journalism, away from the issues that really matter to people's interests as a whole. Once people are conditioned to follow a certain ideal to be self-absorbed with their own lives and are apathetic of the big picture, that's usually when they're led into a path of blindly endorsing totalitarian policies without question driven by fear or ignorance, and are weakened to protest any policy they're against, because as witnessed their opinion doesn't seem to matter. This inaction to mass protest against it is primarily likely due to fear of persecution or lack of confidence, that feeling hopelessness that nothing can be done brainwashed into them (when in reality, things can be done, but at a necessary sacrifice or risk though). Eventually when the people realize their lives are manipulated and restricted by their government to a point that makes them too uncomfortable, it's usually too late to do something about it without a violent war or uprising.

But now is a key moment, because people have just witness a blatant disregard of Democracy with their so-called 'representative' selling them out to special interests and lobbyist groups of the financial elite. Now ask, if they do that, how do you Americans know the President regardless of political affiliation will be the same as those representatives? Both presidential candidates already showed betrayal to favor financial elite interests in the Senate. I can also assure you that this election in November will be a Pyrrhic victory no matter who wins unless America speaks or acts out.

A nasty situation, I agree, but as a UK national living in Scotland, I'll confine my contribution to posting online and leave the armed insurrection to those who're more directly affected.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #168 on: October 05, 2008, 04:20:18 AM »
It doesn't have to be as massive as you think.   I do agree that most Americans are brainwashed.    People in the UK should have killed off the "royal family" a loooong time ago.

What would be the point to killing the royal family?  If we'd killed them centuries ago, the UK would have become a political pariah and/or the royal family would have been replaced with something worse.  If we killed them now, we'd lose some tourism and a bit of cultural heritage for no appreciable gain.

Could you outline how a successful not-so-massive US uprising would work?
Key political and corporate figures would have to be taken out.  Basically the richest 1% (most of them) and some politicians.  That would cause a chain reaction of sorts. 

The royal family is worthless and the UK is not really as democratic as you think.   The royals still have the final say ultimately.

I don't think the UK is particularly democratic; it's got a surveillance apparatus that would make China blush, and the government from a national down to a local level (especially at a local level) has a distinct authoritarian tendency.  Compared with the US though, I view UK politics as being more pragmatic, sober and less influenced by corporate and religious interests.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #169 on: October 05, 2008, 04:56:16 AM »
A nasty situation, I agree, but as a UK national living in Scotland, I'll confine my contribution to posting online and leave the armed insurrection to those who're more directly affected.

I live in Australia and can't exactly do much hands-on either... However I can speak my mind online and try and inspire people to think at least, all it takes is an idea to inspire others and for them to spread the words. I know it's extremely likely in vain, but at least I demonstrate that despite vain efforts at least I'm trying to say something, and anyone else who can, should too. Ultimately it's up to the American people to either wake up, stand up and defend their democracy or keep sleeping and fall down into eventual totalitarianism. People around the world should be worried about this too, because the implications of America becoming a potential totalitarian state will definitely affect the world negatively too.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #170 on: October 05, 2008, 07:31:35 AM »
keeping the population drunk, stomed and entertained and playing the american lottery seems to be working for the ruling class.

Offline Pyraxis

• Werewolf Wrangler of the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • aka Daria
« Reply #171 on: October 05, 2008, 07:39:40 AM »
I know it's extremely likely in vain

I disagree, just speaking for myself. I've been politically apathetic most of my life but am finally starting to pay attention and see how much sense I can make of the onslaught of noise. Your opinion seems reasonable thus far.
You'll never self-actualize the subconscious canopy of stardust with that attitude.

Offline Callaway

• Official Spokesperson for the Aspie Elite
  • Caretaker Admin
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #172 on: October 05, 2008, 10:14:40 AM »

But now is a key moment, because people have just witness a blatant disregard of Democracy with their so-called 'representatives' selling them out to special interests and lobbyist groups of the financial elite. Now ask, if they do that, how do you Americans know the President regardless of political affiliation will be the same as those representatives? Both presidential candidates already showed betrayal to favor financial elite interests in the Senate. I can also assure you that this election in November will be a Pyrrhic victory no matter who wins unless America speaks or acts out.

The totalitarianism has already happened in the past to some extent.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was such a popular president that he was re-elected three times, so we changed the Constitution so that nobody could ever be president for more than ten years again.

Even so, since the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, the government has in the name of "safety" and "fighting terrorism" seriously curtailed the freedom of its citizens.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #173 on: October 05, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Franklin's Contributions to the Conference on February 17 (III) Fri, Feb 17, 1775
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #174 on: October 05, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
Franklin's Contributions to the Conference on February 17 (III) Fri, Feb 17, 1775

A little-respected scholar in this day, Franklin is another of my personal heroes. Had this country been made more in his vision, our history may not have been as spoiled. I have collected his entire written works, as far as I know.
Although, some of Poor Richard's Almanac issues are digital copies   :'(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:18:27 PM by DirtDawg »
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #175 on: October 05, 2008, 11:34:15 AM »

The totalitarianism has already happened in the past to some extent.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt was such a popular president that he was re-elected three times, so we changed the Constitution so that nobody could ever be president for more than ten years again.

Even so, since the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001, the government has in the name of "safety" and "fighting terrorism" seriously curtailed the freedom of its citizens.
Just think, if they had not made that restriction, then neither of the Bush's would have gotten elected. It would have been Reagan followed by Clinton.

Offline DirtDawg

• Insensitive Oaf and Earthworm Whisperer
  • Elder
  • Almighty Postwhore
  • Last rays of the last days
« Reply #176 on: October 05, 2008, 11:37:18 AM »

:LMAO:
Jimi Hendrix: When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace. 

Ghandi: Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

The end result of life's daily pain and suffering, trials and failures, tears and laughter, readings and listenings is an accumulation of wisdom in its purest form.

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #177 on: October 05, 2008, 01:01:30 PM »
FDR was a hack who prolonged the depression for a decade and stuck us with the nanny state, only reason he got re-elected over and over was because the 1929 crash was blamed on the republicans and morons blindly voted for democrats since the 30's and gave us the current mess.

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #178 on: October 05, 2008, 01:17:58 PM »
LBJ was a piece of shit too.  Blaming Nixon for Vietnam when LBJ really escalated it more than anyone was retarded.   Kennedy basically started Vietnam by putting forces there first.   LBJ just furthered the welfare state of FDR.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Tesla

• The Dark Horse of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Dedicated Postwhore
  • I'm Tesla, and I'm getting sick and tired.
    • My cafepress store
« Reply #179 on: October 05, 2008, 02:14:28 PM »
Ten years?
I came to this world with nothing
and I leave with nothing but love,
everything else is just borrowed.

Fuck it, we'll do it live.