Author Topic: $700,000,000,000.00  (Read 9347 times)

Offline ProfessorFarnsworth

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
Re: $700,000,000,000.00
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2008, 11:31:39 AM »
Well, it has passed.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/7651060.stm

263 for to 171 against. There's honestly nothing more I can say on this, I just can't believe it...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:44:29 AM by Nexus »
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2008, 12:14:10 PM »
Well, it has passed.

263 for to 171 against. There's honestly nothing more I can say on this, I just can't believe it...

:'(

A sad day indeed.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Tongue tied and tied to the tongue
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

Offline Christopher McCandless

• Wild Wanderer of the Aspie Elite
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
  • "I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND THANK THE LORD. GOODB
    • Into the Wild
« Reply #152 on: October 03, 2008, 12:41:28 PM »
Well, it has passed.

*Cracks open champagne*

This is a brilliant day in British politics too, with the return of Mandelson.

Offline odeon

• Witchlet of the Aspie Elite
  • Webmaster
  • Postwhore Beyond Repair
  • Replacement Despot
« Reply #153 on: October 03, 2008, 02:39:15 PM »
Nope. If Obama and Biden get elected then they will actually regulate the economy properly, reducing the chances of this happening again.
Oh please god, let quixotic optimism like this actually come to fruition.

QFT cos it affects us all.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #154 on: October 03, 2008, 06:59:41 PM »
Nope. If Obama and Biden get elected then they will actually regulate the economy properly, reducing the chances of this happening again.
Oh please god, let quixotic optimism like this actually come to fruition.
Its realism. Clinton did a far better job economically than either Bush I or II, and I am sure the next democratic president is going to do a lot better job than the alternative: Bush III
Greenspan is not in charge any longer, we can try to put blame on Ben Barnanke.   Greenspan is placed with blame for the majority of the crisis this nation is in as he was the chairman of the Federal Reserve.

How much blame do you place on Greenspan?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Greenspan

http://www.economyincrisis.org/articles/show/1873

http://www.economyincrisis.org/articles/show/1874

US is becoming a nation of hamburger flippers
The US is swapping good manufacturing jobs for lower paying service jobs.
Source: Save Your Job, Save Our Country, by Ross Perot, p. 35 Jan 1, 1993 

http://ontheissues.org/Celeb/Ross_Perot_Jobs.htm
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:01:35 PM by Johnny »

Offline Johnny

• Constant Poster
« Reply #155 on: October 03, 2008, 07:10:53 PM »
Greenspan sure did his part and than some.

Many people in the country knew the day was coming for decades where the bullshit would catch up to the USA.It's probably hard for diaperboy who has a crush on clinton to understand seeing as how it would fry his programming to hear otherwise.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #156 on: October 03, 2008, 08:57:37 PM »
The long term ramifications of this bill are going to be worse than just letting it crash. Don't be disillusioned that this will fix anything, as the US is still entering a recession regardless and uncertainty still remains on the bailout's effectiveness. The only thing this will guarantee is that super rich investors can further increase their portfolios and flee when it really collapses, or when a another bailout is needed and fuel a vicious cycle until oblivion, and everyone will be in debt due to new loan, credit and tax debts. American taxpayers are now basically enslaved by Wall Street, setting a dangerous precedent that could destroy what's left of democracy, and reign in the finalized aspects of a pseudo-democratic totalitarianism; a illusionary system of two parties serving a single party interest of financial elites. Technically it's all being heading down this road for a long time, but now they're targeting the taxpayers' money, a final barrier to such transition of ideology. Unless Americans start getting out and protest like the days of Vietnam, the politicians will continue to screw them and slowly shred the constitution and bill of rights until nothing is left. What you're seeing is how dictatorships are born, generating 'disasters' to scare people into waiving their rights and money into measures that slowly convert democracy into dictatorship. How long will it be before elections no longer exist because of another 'crisis' like a world war? Because I don't see people protesting like they used to, they are either apathetic, scared of being branded a 'terrorist', ignorant or are benefiting from this transition. I hope I'm wrong, but Americans should be very worried about this recent development as it certain looks like those NWO nuts might be on to something here.
Existence actually has two broad meanings despite its apparent meaningless. The constant reconciliation of all its parts, and the conservation of any closed system as a whole.

Morality can be extrapolated from these meanings to make these two commandments of godless morality: 1). Be in harmony with one another and 2). Care for the environment.

Offline El

• Unofficial Weird News Reporter of the Aspie Elite
  • News Box Slave
  • Almighty Postwhore
« Reply #157 on: October 04, 2008, 07:23:02 AM »
I wish I thought you were wrong, Nexus, but it's hard to deny.  :(
it is well known that PMS Elle is evil.
I think you'd fit in a 12" or at least a 16" firework mortar
You win this thread because that's most unsettling to even think about.

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #158 on: October 04, 2008, 09:15:58 PM »
I wish I thought you were wrong, Nexus, but it's hard to deny.  :(

Well it's technically not too late to do something about it, it would require sacrifice but Americans can put a stop to this destruction of rights. If Americans sit around with apathy, arrogance (thinking it can't happen to them, wake the fuck up it's already happening), ignorance and hopelessness, even after this significant moment, then that future I mention is inevitable and sorry, but you deserve that future. If Americans actually fight against the laws that were made under false pretenses of fear that in reality rob their rights and money away, and demand restorations of the principles that their forefathers wrote at any means necessary, then it can be stopped. What happens to being land of the free? What happened to that protesting spirit? Come on, it's apathy, ignorance and fear that brought you all this mess, be proactive and brave, willing to sacrifice anything to reverse it. Unfortunately voting this election is not enough, as both parties serve the same third party interest, a revolution is the only thing that will get Americans out of this downward spiral. If you don't do it soon, then it'll be too late, and bloodshed will be inevitably needed in order to restore your freedoms. Just remember that there's more of you as citizens than the government can control, and they know that. If everyone were to learn that, people were to tell others, spread the idea that they can all unite and demand restoration of the constitution and bill of rights in full; aim to rid of the lobbyists, rid of the false representatives, rid of the totalitarian laws disguised as anti-terrorism legislation, then a revolutionary change can happen.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 12:38:19 AM by Nexus »

Offline Trigger 11

• Dark Jedi Master
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • May the FORCE be with you...always!!!
« Reply #159 on: October 04, 2008, 09:31:04 PM »
I still go to protests. Living just South of DC helps. I also advertise on my car with dozens of bumper stickers. Of course, that just usually gets my car vandalized in this redneck town, but still...it's something.
Crazy, I'm halfway to crazy
Suicide would waste me
Homicide would break me
Oh, is life as bad as dreams
I guess that's just the way it seems

• Mad scientist at work
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Good news everyone!
« Reply #160 on: October 04, 2008, 09:40:03 PM »
I still go to protests. Living just South of DC helps. I also advertise on my car with dozens of bumper stickers. Of course, that just usually gets my car vandalized in this redneck town, but still...it's something.

That's good to hear that you still speak out without fear. However what I'm talking about is millions of people marching down to the White House and demand their constitution and bill of rights be restored in full, repealing the laws that are slowly shredding it away, demand action against those who betrayed your trust in representation. Show the government who truly makes America, and that is 'we the people'. Demanding the media to tell you the truth, demand everything that you're truly entitled to in rights and demand those accountable for the destruction of rights to be punished. It's all about the numbers who have united as one voice, the more the merrier and let people know everywhere that they have the true power to do this. Now is the best time to unite because everyone is now aware of what's going on and who the representatives truly serve, and people will be more likely to listen to this idea.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:47:34 PM by Nexus »

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #161 on: October 05, 2008, 01:24:07 AM »
Initially one of the reasons why US citizens were allowed to bear arms was to be capable of rising up against the government if it became corrupt and oppressive.  Militias would have a hard time taking over, but it is possible.   I don't see changes without bloodshed sadly.    There are very few politicians and CEOs that I would not kill if I could get away with it.   They are all greedy pieces of shit that deserve death.   Then again, I think most humans deserve to die.   
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #162 on: October 05, 2008, 02:15:27 AM »
I doubt armed rebellion could be successful in the US.  Too many Americans view the president the way Catholics view the pope; that although they may privately disagree with some of their policies, it's their religious/patriotic duty to support the pope/president at all costs.  The US military and police forces are overwhelmingly pro-establishment, and the US propaganda industry is too effective at keeping the population in line for a mass uprising.
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?

Offline Alex179

• Prince, General
  • Elder
  • Obsessive Postwhore
  • Socially retarded
« Reply #163 on: October 05, 2008, 02:37:03 AM »
I doubt armed rebellion could be successful in the US.  Too many Americans view the president the way Catholics view the pope; that although they may privately disagree with some of their policies, it's their religious/patriotic duty to support the pope/president at all costs.  The US military and police forces are overwhelmingly pro-establishment, and the US propaganda industry is too effective at keeping the population in line for a mass uprising.
It doesn't have to be as massive as you think.   I do agree that most Americans are brainwashed.    People in the UK should have killed off the "royal family" a loooong time ago.
:P   Internets are super serious.

Offline Peter

• Amazing Cyber-Human Hybrid
  • Elder
  • Insane Postwhore
« Reply #164 on: October 05, 2008, 02:57:18 AM »
It doesn't have to be as massive as you think.   I do agree that most Americans are brainwashed.    People in the UK should have killed off the "royal family" a loooong time ago.

What would be the point to killing the royal family?  If we'd killed them centuries ago, the UK would have become a political pariah and/or the royal family would have been replaced with something worse.  If we killed them now, we'd lose some tourism and a bit of cultural heritage for no appreciable gain.

Could you outline how a successful not-so-massive US uprising would work?
14:10 - Moarskrillex42: She said something about knowing why I wanted to move to Glasgow when she came in. She plopped down on my bed and told me to go ahead and open it for her.

14:11 - Peter5930: So, she thought I was your lover and that I was sending you a box full of sex toys, and that you wanted to move to Glasgow to be with me?